Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
    I think we can all agree the best part of BC being eliminated is no one has to be subjected to their band for the rest of the tournament.
    I said this on the game thread but I'll throw it out here too...

In defense of BC's band almost any pep band would sound like that when you mic it that close. Pep band are not made up of high calibre players and you'll notice that in general for tournaments like the NCAA basketball tournament you hear a more distant sound. I'm not saying the BC pep band was representing with a great sound tonight but they weren't given a very advantageous setup either.
    Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
      No it wasn't a bad call, look around. And FYI, UM is Michigan, UMtc is minnehaha. Btw, where are the goophers playing today? You never answered my question. Now I know why all Wiscy fans HATE you.
      Wow, you really have an obsession with the Gophers, don't you? Take a number, you'll end up behind UND and WI in that line. Maybe tUMD, too. Why does it matter where the Gophers are playing right now? They have nothing to do with the refs making a bad call.

The on-ice call was made. No goal. Per the rulebook, conclusive evidence, not common sense, not probability, can overturn the call. Zero conclusive evidence was presented, on any replay, IMO.

Would MI have won the game anyway? I don't know. Would UNO have won? I don't know. Unfortunately, the refs wrongly made that decision.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by UMBand View Post
        From a poster over at MGoBlog, a screenshot of the end zone angle of the goal:

*****http://s3.postimage.org/9wz0dzp2n/UMGoal.jpg******

http://postimage.org/image/2tr4ydjes/

Admittedly a bit Zapruder-esque, but in lieu of a higher-resolution image, that there looks like a goal to me. As much fun as it is for the non-Michigan folks to jump on the no-goal bandwagon, sorry folks. Right call was made.
        Are you looking at these pictures with your heart or your eyes?

Bottom line, the consensus opinion, even among UNO haters here, Michiganders excluded, is that the referees must have been sniffing glue. There are even UM posters who've said it was a bad call!

Comment

Originally posted by quiddlet View Post
          I said this on the game thread but I'll throw it out here too...

In defense of BC's band almost any pep band would sound like that when you mic it that close. Pep band are not made up of high calibre players and you'll notice that in general for tournaments like the NCAA basketball tournament you hear a more distant sound. I'm not saying the BC pep band was representing with a great sound tonight but they weren't given a very advantageous setup either.
          Was there really a band there. I assumed it was crappy recorded music.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Actually, most of us "Wiscy (?)" fans LOVE Brent.
            Which is why MN fans don't!
            Can't speak for UMi fans.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
            And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
            Twenty red lights in his honor
            Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              Wow, you really have an obsession with the Gophers, don't you? Take a number, you'll end up behind UND and WI in that line. Maybe tUMD, too. Why does it matter where the Gophers are playing right now? They have nothing to do with the refs making a bad call.
              Whatever.

You guys would actually have to be relevant before I'd give a rodent's butthole about you. Get over yourselves.

When DO you guys play?
              Last edited by Gurtholfin; 03-25-2011, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                Now I know why all Wiscy fans HATE you.
                True, we do hate them. And we both loathe you. Happy now?
                "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Bottom line, the consensus opinion, even among UNO haters here, Michiganders excluded, is that the referees must have been sniffing glue. There are even UM posters who've said it was a bad call!
                  I wouldn't say a bad call, but a call i would not have made. Again, I think it was in, but i never saw the conclusive evidence, no matter how slowly the replay was slowed down, or ESPN made the puck "glow". Evidence says it was "most likely" in, so i would not rule it a goal on that evidence. And this is from a Michigan fan. However, i want to state again, it was most likely over the line, the cameras just could not get the perfect angle to show it.
                  Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

Are you looking at them with your heart or your eyes?

Here's another picture from the MGoBlog thread, breaking it down frame by frame. Look at all white between the puck and the goal line. It's in.
                    BSE Michigan '03

Comment

Originally posted by Khryx View Post
                      I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Assuming I am understanding you correctly, please do not denigrate the U of M name by saying it refers to the U (University of Minnesota). The University of Michigan has a wordmark for U of M that is trademarked (I've never heard of ANY other school having this...). Also, I believe that the University of Michigan is the first school in the country that could have the name U of M.
                      Fai.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not sure what angles the refs had in the UNO and Michigan game but all angles were inconclusive. Should have been no goal as originally called.

Pretty amazing that CC took it to BC and did not really see BC respond as they have the past few years. Very surprised that York had no answers tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Whatever.

You guys would actually have to be relevant before I'd give a rodent's butthole about you. Get over yourselves.

When DO you guys play?
                          In general. Calm down. The first thing I've heard after big UND/WI wins (including last week after UND's title win) was "F* The Gophers!"

And I will say that if the on-ice call was a goal, there was no evidence to overturn THAT call. My point being, there was zero evidence either way to overturn the initial call. Zero.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

One last post-mortem to the UNO/Michigan game.

At the watch party I was at in Omaha, during the utterly ridiculous 10 minute referee's "how do I embarrass myself and my profession" look at Michigan's OT "goal", there was a ton of, "we're gonna lose this review because we are UNO and they are Michigan" conjecture at that function, me included. Wow, fancy that, we were right.

Time for us to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter View Post
                              True, we do hate them. And we both loathe you. Happy now?
                              I'm going to predict that at least one rivalry in our new conference will quickly catch up to anything that we have with NoDak. At least for me.

Loathe is a good word...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stack View Post
                                Not sure what angles the refs had in the UNO and Michigan game but all angles were inconclusive. Should have been no goal as originally called.

Pretty amazing that CC took it to BC and did not really see BC respond as they have the past few years. Very surprised that York had no answers tonight.
                                Are you going to ignore the photos posted below, from an angle the official had access to?
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X