Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by laker_one View Post
    Welcome to the new world of college hockey. Big10 teams get calls because the puck probably was in the net, even though there is no way anyone can see it there, and the guy who is supposed to be looking out for the CCHA's best interests suddenly becomes MSU's head coach. It was a great sport while it lasted. Welcome to the NC$$.
    If they pull for the B10 over the small guy, how do you explain the call in the Miami game against Michigan last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      No kidding although I have to say that CC has something that our team last year did not...

Crazy Quicks.
      Also: CC is awake right now.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Also: CC is awake right now.

Unfortunately, too true.

Comment

Looks like the refs have gotten the message that BC was supposed to win this one.

Comment

Originally posted by MichFan View Post
            The rule doesn't say 100% evidence. Nor does it say that the video must show an unobstructed view of 100% of the puck being 100% over the line. See the quote from rule 60 above. It says that "the replay must include conclusive video evidence." Conclusive isn't defined as beyond a reasonable doubt. It's not defined in the rules at all.

Here's a dictionary definition, from dictionary.com:

As for definition 1, I hear a lot of people convinced that it went in. But they're demanding more than convincing, they're demanding beyond a reasonable doubt. That's not what the rule provides.

And as for definition 2, it certainly tended to terminate and close UNO's season!
            It's convenient because you're a UM fan but if you went to UNO you'd be saying nothing of the sort.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

I guess the city of St. Louis will forever be known by Jerry York as 'The Back Tees.'
              Chris V
              Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                It's convenient because you're a UM fan but if you went to UNO you'd be saying nothing of the sort.
                I went to Michigan so your argument is irrelevant...
                Originally posted by alfablue
                Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                  Wow, you are dense. UM = Michigan. Who won on a botched call. And UMICH is your user name. Go to bed, son, it's about 3 hours past your bedtime.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Just saw interviews (paraphrased) with the participants on local Omaha news.

UNO goalie John Faulkner: "I honestly do not know if the puck went in the net or not."

Coach Blais: "I can't comment on that.They ruled it a goal and we aren't going to argue with the call."

Alex Hudson, the player who cleared the puck: "The puck did not cross the goal line and I was in perfect position to see whether it did or not."

Comment

Conclusive evidence may not be defined in the rule, but it seems pretty reasonable that if it will take 10 minutes to make a decision on video replay, there isn't conclusive evidence of anything.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

You must be new to college hockey. This is SOP for college officials.
                          Especially those who hope to get jobs in the Big Ten Hockey Conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                            Just saw interviews (paraphrased) with the participants on local Omaha news.

UNO goalie John Faulkner: "I honestly do not know if the puck went in the net or not."

Coach Blais: "I can't comment on that.They ruled it a goal and we aren't going to argue with the call."

Alex Hudson, the player who cleared the puck: "The puck did not cross the goal line and I was in perfect position to see whether it did or not."
                            To be fair to MI, Blais is a classy enough coach to not complain about calls like that, from what I've seen. He knows it won't do any good, and he's the type of guy to think that his team shouldn't have played poorly enough to go to OT in the first place.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Thank you CC!

While this doesn't come close to making up for us losing last year, it sure makes me feel great tonight.

Great job and good luck tomorrow!

P.S. Eat it BC!!

Comment

I think we can all agree the best part of BC being eliminated is no one has to be subjected to their band for the rest of the tournament.

Comment

Working...
                                X