Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by Zim View Post
    Meanwhile CC is destroying BC 4-1 after 1.

Thanks for the update. I'm at work so I have to track the game the old fashioned way...on the internet..
    I wanna go fast!

Comment

It'll stun me if anyone other than a Michigan fan argues that was a "conclusive" replay to overturn the call on the ice. Maybe some UNO hater might ... but as much as I think Dean Blais is a jerk and have seen only one UNO fan on the interwebs that didn't look like a complete bumpkin whackjob from loserville ... I wouldn't argue it. So as much as it pains me ... that play shouldn't have been called a goal.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD21 View Post

Thanks for the update. I'm at work so I have to track the game the old fashioned way...on the internet..
        Watch it on ESPN3 - that's what I've been doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          ESPNU just spot-shadowed the replay. Clearly the puck was partially across. But again, not clearly 100% across the line, thereby making the on-ice call the call they should have made.
          What a gong show, if the rules are easy enough for me to understand clearly a team of NCAA officials should be able to interpret them . Good news is that the WCHA isn't the only league that pulled idiots from their villages to wear skates and make calls.

Coincidence:

*****http://http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://blog.al.com/live/2008/03/stillwell.jpg&imgrefurl=http://blog.al.com/live/2008/03/trucker_pleads_in_highprofile.html&usg=__fMIvl9qND1GHvsguSPtug1gRv5s=&h=1984&w=1596&sz=3148&hl=en&start=2&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=HMeQTQ4hvk895M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=121&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dstriped%2Bprison%2Buniform%26um%3D1%2 6hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4GGLR_enUS239US239%26tbs%3Disch :1&ei=uU2NTZaoMoihtwfwm_WwDQ******

*****http://http://www.popular-pics.com/PPImages/idiot-hockey-referee.jpg******

I don't think so.
          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Joke call to eliminate Nebraska-Omaha. Inexcusable without 100% evidence to overrule that.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
              Joke call to eliminate Nebraska-Omaha. Inexcusable without 100% evidence to overrule that.
              There was 100% evidence, the down ice view clearly showed the puck across the line. From a uno perspective (give me a second to put my head up my butt) I'd be ******ed about losing that way but oh well.
              Originally posted by alfablue
              Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
              Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
              I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Ugh... I forgot how awful the BC band is.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                  It'll stun me if anyone other than a Michigan fan argues that was a "conclusive" replay to overturn the call on the ice. Maybe some UNO hater might ... but as much as I think Dean Blais is a jerk and have seen only one UNO fan on the interwebs that didn't look like a complete bumpkin whackjob from loserville ... I wouldn't argue it. So as much as it pains me ... that play shouldn't have been called a goal.
                  BobF over on the uno thread said it was a goal and he is not a Michigan fan. Post #208.
                  Originally posted by alfablue
                  Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                  Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                  I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Fan perspective. Trying to be objective as is possible.

The wife and I could not make it to St. Louis today because of a business commitment of hers. We'd have been there tomorrow if there was a reason to go.

Thus, we watched the game at a local multiplex theater that is owned by a couple that are big time UNO fans that threw it open, freebie, to us all to communally watch the game. About 1200 people showed. Great atmosphere.

Thanks to all the posters here that jumped on the "we got screwed" bandwagon. I don't know how you overrule a no-goal call on the ice when, as the talking heads on ESPNU put it, "You never definitively saw the puck over the line. How do you make that call?" Or, words to that effect. That's water under the bridge. The refs made that ridiculous call and it is what it is. I note that even some MU fans posting here thought it was a bad call. Oh, well, on to next season. As LBJ once said about a hitchhiker stuck out in the open in a Texas hailstorm, "You can't run, you can't hide, and you can't make it go away".

What an anticlimactic way to end a game. I'd have rather Michigan won in some definitive way. Much easier than getting jobbed by the refs. People just sort of drifted out in bits and pieces at game's end, not quite sure of what to do or what to say. Us included.

That said, the real story of this game was UNO's continued absolute futility on the power play this year, particularly since the first of the year. They got a power play goal and we didn't and that was really the story of the game. I bet Coach Blais says something along those lines as well when he's asked about the game.

Wait'll next year. Gotta hang your hat on something. Best season in UNO history.
                    Last edited by Red Cows; 03-25-2011, 09:50 PM.

Comment

What a goal.

Very quick reflexes to get his own rebound like that.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

BC is getting out-BC'd.

I guess Barry Melrose was right about Muse being 'due.'
                        Chris V
                        Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Is BC gonna play defense tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_NH View Post
                            I guess Barry Melrose was right '
                            RIT Tigers
                            2006-2007, 2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011 Regular Season Champions
                            2010,2015, 2016 Atlantic Hockey Champions

Comment

ESPNU says they have the head of the rules committee coming up at the break of the BC v CC game. He'll explain Rule 96.98m: When any opportunity arises when a call can benefit a B1G team, said call shall be made. In the case when 2 B1G teams are playing each other, order of advantage will be UMTC, UM, UW, MSU,...
                              No man is entitled to the benefits of freedom if he is not vigilant in its preservation. - Douglas MacArthur

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. - Albert Einstein

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Where was this BC team in Detroit?

Signed,

Wisconsin fans

Comment

Working...
                                X