Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
    Saw a quick replay from one angle on the Yale AFA telecast. Not sure about that call. Tough way to end the game/season. I'd have probably ruled no goal.
    I thought it was a RULE that you have to be able to see conclusive evidence, but maybe it's just a suggested practice? Anyone know for sure?

Comment

And I would have said goal. Looked like he kicked it out with his right skate, that was underneath him, and further back in the net than his left skate was.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I think the puck crossed the line, but there is no proof. They should have called no goal. There is suppose to be conclusive evidence to overturn a ruling on the ice. For all we know, the entire puck may not have crossed the goal line.

Tough call, I'm glad it was not mine to make.

so far, all game have been great, tight games.

Comment

NCAA needs to change that rule either way, it has nothing to do with the call they made, but there is no way refs should be allowed 10 minutes to review something. Time limits need to be established.
          BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
          National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
          Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

I all for getting things right and they got this one right. If you look at the view from the other end of the ice you can see the puck kicked out of the net by his back leg.

Comment

That was horrid. You can't theorize where the puck is. I don't care who won that game, but MI got a huge break that was incorrect, IMO.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
                NCAA needs to change that rule either way, it has nothing to do with the call they made, but there is no way refs should be allowed 10 minutes to review something. Time limits need to be established.
                Yoiu want it done quick, or do you want the right call to be made?

Especially when the call means one team is going home for the season.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                  Well they did neither, so it's rather irrelevant in this case.
                  Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    That was horrid. You can't theorize where the puck is. I don't care who won that game, but MI got a huge break that was incorrect, IMO.
                    Word. If you have to think that hard no way you can say it is for sure. More irritating were the commentators who were homers for MI. We finally muted the TV. First there was the no way you can tell. After 5 minutes the guy had talked himself into seeing what he said he clearly couldn't right off. I didn't get to watch long enough to care who was winning but those guys made me want it to be a NG.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

Especially when the call means one team is going home for the season.
                      I want a decision to be made in a reasonable amount of time so that it doesn't completely destroy the flow of the game.

Also using more time does not mean they are going to get the call right all the time.
                      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                        I all for getting things right and they got this one right. If you look at the view from the other end of the ice you can see the puck kicked out of the net by his back leg.
                        I agree that is how it appeared from the opposite view of the ice, but you can not tell that the puck was 100 percent in from that angle. Not enough proof to make that call. I think this review warranted the time they put in to it. Regardless, a lot of people would have disagreed with the call either way.

Comment

The Michigan goal reminds me somewhat, of this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                            I agree that is how it appeared from the opposite view of the ice, but you can not tell that the puck was 100 percent in from that angle. Not enough proof to make that call. I think this review warranted the time they put in to it. Regardless, a lot of people would have disagreed with the call either way.
                            If you cannot see it all the way over the line, and it was called "no goal" in game, then it's no goal. Nothing to disagree with.

It happens in hockey every so often and you move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                              Im an ohio state fan so i dont have a stake in this but i would have called this a goal from that replay.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                If you cannot see it all the way over the line, and it was called "no goal" in game, then it's no goal. Nothing to disagree with.

It happens in hockey every so often and you move on.
                                the thing was, you could see it behind the line. it looked like the cross bar and the pad obscured exactly where the goal line was, but it appeared that the portion of the puck that you could see was far enough behind where the goal line would be that it would not be possible for it to not be behind the goal line. that's what i saw at least. camera angles were not good.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X