• Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    check
    Or I suppose we could just then root for OT in the Michigan/UNO game

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Or I suppose we could just then root for OT in the Michigan/UNO game
      hadn't thought of that......i am off the walls right now in anticipation of this game. Looking back on last weekend now it seems like a year ago we played Mack and 2 years ago we played NU GO EAGLES!

Comment

What bar(s) in Ann Arbor are people going to be gathering at to watch the game?

Comment

Drop the puck already!! GO MAVERICKS!!

Comment

Go Tigers!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lord of the Rinks View Post
              What bar(s) in Ann Arbor are people going to be gathering at to watch the game?
              I know The Arena said they'll have the game on. I for one will be watching it in St Louis.

Walked around downtown a bit and have already seen fans or parents of all the teams. A UNO fan even tried to give me a high five at the hotel. He was on the phone and I was weary of a friendly UNO fan. I should know better, most college hockey fans I run into are often polite and knowledgable.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                Everyone should be rooting for the East Regional games to end in regulation so ESPNU will be able to show the start of the BC/CC game.
                I am just rooting for the Prudential Center in New Jersey to collapse so Kentucky and Ohio State don't play tonight, thus opening up one television in a bar full of UK fans to show the BC/CC game. Then again, if the Prudential Center collapses, I reckon every television in the bar would be turned to that disaster. Looks like a lose/lose for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post

The X factor for us, to me, is our Head Coach. He's been here done this. That has to be a big plus. He is certainly going to know how to handle the situation.
                  With Red Berenson and Jerry York in your same region, I don't know that you can count on any "X factor" from Dean Blais that the other two don't have. These are THREE of the all time greats.
                  Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                  -dggoddard

Comment

Huge crowd on hand! lol.

Could this go down as one of the most poorly attended regionals ever?

Comment

Another year, another trip to a dismally under-attended regional happening prohibitively far for most fans to attend, and unless we pick it up, another long and unexpectedly early trip home.

Love everything about this tournament.

Comment

Overtime hockey is more fun when I don't care about the game.
                        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I certainly hope they had a view that we couldn't see.

I didn't think you could award a goal on what you think happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

They didn't. They just simply invented it in their minds. That was absolutely pathetic.
                            "This world is your world. Take it easy, but take it." - Woody Guthrie

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

Saw a quick replay from one angle on the Yale AFA telecast. Not sure about that call. Tough way to end the game/season. I'd have probably ruled no goal.
                              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Curious.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                                And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                                Twenty red lights in his honor
                                Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Working...
                                X