Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NCAA West Regional - 3/25, 3/26 - BC, Michigan, UNO, CC

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
    tongue-in-cheek:is alaska in the ccha footprint? does that make Seattle "kind of " near the footprint?
    no, Seattle is clearly WCHA footprint, it's about halfway between Colorado and Alaska, right? The WCHA should put in a bid to host a regional in Seattle.
    Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
    wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
    7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

makes as much sense as the ccha in st. louis.....

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
        Oh, I didn't mean to make it sound like I think a regional in St Louis is a good idea. Empty arena, here I come! I just wanted to point out that it was kind of near the CCHA footprint.
        It's still about 7 hours away from Omaha. St Louis is (and was, even when the regional was selected) about as much in the CCHA footprint as Minneapolis is.

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
          What style of game should we expect from the Michigan-UNO game? What's going to happen when Michigan and UNO butt heads?
          Tight checking, but up and down action. UNO is big and mobile; Michigan is small and quick. First goal will be huge for either team.

Comment

I'm expecting a great game between Michigan and UNO. I can see either team having a 2 or 3 goal lead, and the other responding to make a game of it. One thing we don't know is how Blais will stack up the line chart. You could very well see a senior line (Purslow, Ambroz, Martin). Very happy for those guys who made tremendous strides in the last couple years. You may also see a line with Broadhurst, Hudson, and freshman Matt White. White is probably the most dangerous skater coast to coast, especially with his ability to finish. If those lines hold true, then expect to see an all freshman line of Raubenheimer, Walters and Monpetit. Blais isn't afraid to put those guys out at anytime, and they're a good mix of transition game and ability to mix it up in the corners.

I agree with Streaker and Red Cows, Faulkner can make some game saving saves, but UNO will have to score 3-4 to win most nights, and I could see this game going 5-4.

I can't confidently say UNO will win, but I do believe we're going to get a tremendous effort out of the boys, and with the schedule they've played, this stage will bring out the most they can give for 60+ minutes.
            Last edited by puckhead@uno; 03-23-2011, 11:58 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

so we have two 50K a year colleges facing each other Friday night and neither is an Ivy

Comment

Goals Per Game
                Boston College 3.92
                Michigan 3.42
                Nebraska-Omaha 3.32
                Colorado College 3.12

Goals Against Per Game
                Boston College 2.26
                Michigan 2.30
                Nebraska-Omaha 2.51
                Colorado College 2.91

Powerplay
                Boston College 24.04%
                Colorado College 22.51%
                Michigan 18.45 %
                Nebraska-Omaha 17.61%

Penalty Kill
                Boston College 86.9%
                Nebraska-Omaha 83.4%
                Colorado College 82.5%
                Michigan 82.4%

Penalty Minutes Per Game
                Boston College 16.26
                Nebraska-Omaha 14.66
                Colorado College 13.40
                Michigan 13.22

Record Last 10 Games
                Michigan 9-1-0
                Boston College 8-1-1
                Colorado College 5-4-1
                Nebraska-Omaha 5-5-0

GAA
                Muse (BC) 2.13
                Hunwick (MI) 2.31
                Faulkner (UNO) 2.55
                Howe (CC) 2.93

Save Percentage
                Muse (BC) .926
                Hunwick (MI) .921
                Faulkner (UNO) .908
                Howe (CC) .901
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  Goals Per Game
                  Boston College 3.92
                  Michigan 3.42
                  Nebraska-Omaha 3.32
                  Colorado College 3.12

Goals Against Per Game
                  Boston College 2.26
                  Michigan 2.30
                  Nebraska-Omaha 2.51
                  Colorado College 2.91

Powerplay
                  Boston College 24.04%
                  Colorado College 22.51%
                  Michigan 18.45 %
                  Nebraska-Omaha 17.61%

Penalty Kill
                  Boston College 86.9%
                  Nebraska-Omaha 83.4%
                  Colorado College 82.5%
                  Michigan 82.4%

Penalty Minutes Per Game
                  Boston College 16.26
                  Nebraska-Omaha 14.66
                  Colorado College 13.40
                  Michigan 13.22

Record Last 10 Games
                  Michigan 9-1-0
                  Boston College 8-1-1
                  Colorado College 5-4-1
                  Nebraska-Omaha 5-5-0

GAA
                  Muse (BC) 2.13
                  Hunwick (MI) 2.31
                  Faulkner (UNO) 2.55
                  Howe (CC) 2.93

Save Percentage
                  Muse (BC) .926
                  Hunwick (MI) .921
                  Faulkner (UNO) .908
                  Howe (CC) .901
                  Would love to see these guys (BC) mprove on that penalty minutes stat. They've gotta' play smart. Maybe being out from under the Knucklehead HE officials will help.
                  sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                    Would love to see these guys (BC) mprove on that penalty minutes stat. They've gotta' play smart. Maybe being out from under the Knucklehead HE officials will help.
                    Meh... more chances for shorties and to improve the PK numbers.

Kidding aside... this team seems to relish in being at a disadvantage. Or maybe they're just bored. They had a 6/12 against Mack at the Garden, so I think they'll do a better job staying out of the box in the tourney. The NU game was 10/20... but a lot of those were just terrible calls.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      so we have two 50K a year colleges facing each other Friday night and neither is an Ivy
                      Is CC a mullet free team?
                      Originally posted by mookie1995
                      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Two things will dictate UNO's chances - Faulkner has to step up and we have to finish shots - Those two things explain 90% of our losses this year.
                        UNO Maverick Hockey - It doesn't get any better than this!

Comment

Originally posted by breed View Post
                          Two things will dictate UNO's chances - Faulkner has to step up and we have to finish shots - Those two things explain 90% of our losses this year.
                          I think you're on to something. Keep the puck out of your own net, score on the other net...WINNING!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            I think you're on to something. Keep the puck out of your own net, score on the other net...WINNING!

Yes. It usually helps to score more then the other team.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

You are missing my point - In UNO's losses they have heavily, and I mean heavily, outshot their opponent and still lost the games - If you are finishing your shots there should be some correlation between SOG and goals - Yes, it happens that you can have fewer SOG and still win or you can run into a hot goalie and nothing goes in but when it happens consistently in losses something else is going on - that's the point I was trying to make.
                              UNO Maverick Hockey - It doesn't get any better than this!

Comment

Originally posted by breed View Post
                                You are missing my point - In UNO's losses they have heavily, and I mean heavily, outshot their opponent and still lost the games - If you are finishing your shots there should be some correlation between SOG and goals - Yes, it happens that you can have fewer SOG and still win or you can run into a hot goalie and nothing goes in but when it happens consistently in losses something else is going on - that's the point I was trying to make.
                                Just messing with you. What year is Faulkner? Sounds like Blais is a couple snipers away from building the team he wants.

Comment

Working...
                                X