Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can ESPN get any more Eastern-biased?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can ESPN get any more Eastern-biased?????

Every year it's the same old song and dance.

Also, not happy that they put North Dakota and Denver in the same region. The committee would NEVER do that to beloved BC. J-O-K-E!!

Here's to hoping Michigan or UNO will take out the primadonna's from BC before they get to St. Paul.

GO SIOUX!!!!

Re: Can ESPN get any more Eastern-biased?????

{Yawn}

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
    And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
    Twenty red lights in his honor
    Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Haha you western fans are so pathetic and predicable. Only 6 eastern teams this year and we STILL get claims of Eastern "bias"
      BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
      National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
      Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
        Haha you western fans are so pathetic and predicable. Only 6 eastern teams this year and we STILL get claims of Eastern "bias"
        Careful, look at who posted this thread.
        PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
        Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
        NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Don't lump this guy into our group please

This really should have been posted in the "My team got screwed" thread.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            Don't lump this guy into our group please
            He's one of you.

Comment

And not to mention that BC is in the region of death this year.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 5minutemajor View Post
                Every year it's the same old song and dance.

Also, not happy that they put North Dakota and Denver in the same region. The committee would NEVER do that to beloved BC. J-O-K-E!!

Here's to hoping Michigan or UNO will take out the primadonna's from BC before they get to St. Paul.

GO SIOUX!!!!
                First you sioux fans whine about how BC never gets sent out west, now they have so thats not an excuse anymore. Now your whining about how denver is in your region. Just let the teams play if you guys match up with BC in the end the best team will win, if I were ND i would want to play BC so we could beat one of the best.

If your the best team in the nation it shouldn't matter who you play you should win right?

Comment

First of all, ESPN does not make the selections. They just announce them. Second of all, Barry Melrose kept praising North Dakota over and over again (well deserved, even from this "eastern fan"). He said UND was going to win it all and said that Matt Frattin was the best player in NCAA.

Comment

It's friggin' ESPN. What do you expect? I'm surprised they haven't fired Melrose (justifiably) and replaced him with another football analyst. They don't care about hockey, they've never cared about hockey, and the only reason you think there's an "eastern bias" in the research involves opening the newspaper or a website, and picking a school they've heard of before.
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by 5minutemajor View Post

GO SIOUX!!!!
                      Considering how BC has absolutely owned Nodak lately, I can see where you would be afraid of having to face them again and would be praying for someone to take them out before they get to the FF again...

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                        First of all, ESPN does not make the selections. They just announce them. Second of all, Barry Melrose kept praising North Dakota over and over again (well deserved, even from this "eastern fan"). He said UND was going to win it all and said that Matt Frattin was the best player in NCAA.
                        Stop it with the facts!!

So I guess the answer is yes, ESPN could get more Eastern biased!

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to blame Penn State and Wisconsin!
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            It's friggin' ESPN. What do you expect?
                            Someone obviously expects ESPN to tread UND like John Madden treats Brett Fav-re. Duh.

It's obviously a Penn State - Big Ten hockey conspiracy.

Comment

In the words of Barry Melrose, "New Hampshire is going to have a lot of fans... you can practically walk from New Hampshire to Manchester"

I get what he was trying to say, but funny nonetheless.
                              Arenas Attended
                              Matthews Arena
                              Agganis Arena
                              Tsongas Arena
                              Lawler Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              TD Banknorth Garden
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Alfond Arena