Bridgeport CT information for traveling fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
    Union fans need a bar to visit before the game any recommendations?
    Union fans from what I'm told are pre-gaming at Murphy's Law. Union college relations is putting on something there. It's a nice bar. 239 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport CT.

Comment

Re: Bridgeport CT information for traveling fans

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
      Union fans need a bar to visit before the game any recommendations?
      As for the early game, if you can get enough people to participate, and keep an eye on the weather I would have a tailgate party at the lot west of the arena, it is very nearby. Ralph and Richs is the closest place within walking distance and I suppose they will be open for lunch and drinks. It was pretty mobbed at the 2009 regional. Friday and Saturday are forecast to be in the forties and sunny, winds around 10 mph. Be advised as mentioned before, you cannot leave the arena between games and no alcohol was served at the 2009 event to the general seated public. I really do not know anything about any other bars in town, and I live 15 miles away.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
        Union fans from what I'm told are pre-gaming at Murphy's Law. Union college relations is putting on something there. It's a nice bar. 239 Fairfield Ave., Bridgeport CT.
        OK BD21, Where are the Yale fans headed? Also please check your private messages.
        Last edited by LTsatch; 03-21-2011, 09:08 PM.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
          If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

All I can say is good luck in Bridgeport. The area as far as staying, parking, and eating is great but the ice, not so much. I went to the regional two years ago there and the ice was AWFUL. I sat by someone from the area that routinely attends games there. Either he had no clue what he was talking about or the crew at the rink has no clue what they are doing with the ice. Hopefully they have improved things considering the NCAA sure seems to like their regional applications...

Comment

All I can say is good luck in Bridgeport. The area as far as staying, parking, and eating is great but the ice, not so much. I went to the regional two years ago there and the ice was AWFUL. I sat by someone from the area that routinely attends games there. Either he had no clue what he was talking about or the crew at the rink has no clue what they are doing with the ice. Hopefully they have improved things considering the NCAA sure seems to like their regional applications...
              Ice is the same for all teams and a lot of venues have issues. I hate the bad ice excuse for poor performance. A winning team can adapt.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                OK BD21, Where are the Yale fans headed? Also please check your private messages.
                The reason I know where Union people are going is because their administrator told me. I haven't heard anything in particular for Yale. I'm sure quite a few will be at Ralph and Rich's.

I will check my private messages right now.

Comment

For some reason the PM's on this thing do not work, Schley Room on the road?
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                    For some reason the PM's on this thing do not work, Schley Room on the road?
                    The Athletic Development Office is not doing a "Schley Room on the Road" but they are hosting a Yale Hockey Association Skybox. If you're a Yale Hockey Association member, you might want to call the office to get the details.

Comment

Are there hotels near the arena that anyone can recommend? I might take the train instead of driving so within walking distance from the arena would be good unless the area isn't considered safe.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldawg21 View Post
                        We have some plans for the early part of Saturday, but if we have some time, would Murphy's Law be a good place to watch the other regional games on Saturday afternoon?
                        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

For fans of The U.

https://secure.www.alumniconnections...&event=2313389

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                            We have some plans for the early part of Saturday, but if we have some time, would Murphy's Law be a good place to watch the other regional games on Saturday afternoon?
                            I haven't been there personally. I would call Murphy's Law to make sure they have ESPNU and that they are showing the games. I know the Yale vs. AFA is on ESPNU. I'm not sure about Union vs. MN-Duluth.

Comment

There is only one hotel within walking distance of the arena - the Bridgeport Holiday Inn. It's about 3 blocks north on Main Street and it was completely renovated a year or two back so it should be fairly nice. The downtown area will be safe before and after the games but I wouldn't wander around alone late at night (although I have done it when I've had to return from NYC later than expected and never had a problem).

Bridgeport has a relatively bad reputation but it is often exaggerated. There are certainly areas of the city to avoid, as in any city, but the arena and adjacent ballpark have been around for more than a decade and event attendees have not had any significant problems. I usually park downtown and walk to games because it saves on parking fees and I can be back on the highway in a matter of minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by rpi82 View Post
                                There is only one hotel within walking distance of the arena - the Bridgeport Holiday Inn. It's about 3 blocks north on Main Street and it was completely renovated a year or two back so it should be fairly nice. The downtown area will be safe before and after the games but I wouldn't wander around alone late at night (although I have done it when I've had to return from NYC later than expected and never had a problem).

Bridgeport has a relatively bad reputation but it is often exaggerated. There are certainly areas of the city to avoid, as in any city, but the arena and adjacent ballpark have been around for more than a decade and event attendees have not had any significant problems. I usually park downtown and walk to games because it saves on parking fees and I can be back on the highway in a matter of minutes.
                                I completely agree with you, rpi82!

Comment

Working...
                                X