PDA

View Full Version : For ECAC Fans: Where Should Our Tournament Be Held?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

rdf8585
03-25-2012, 03:15 AM
The Frozen Four in Tampa makes even less sense than AC does for the ECAC. There's only one D1 college hockey team within 800 miles of Tampa (Alabama-Huntsville). Talk about a geographical nightmare.

FlagDUDE08
03-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Do they still make Utica Club beer?

I have had reoccurring nightmare from that stuff and its been 20 years...;)

Keith.

Yes, they do. There's one place in Liverpool that sells it (I think Nichols') and I know people that actually enjoy it. :eek:

Patman
03-25-2012, 07:34 AM
After this past weekend, I'd have to consider Bridgeport as viable... suitable facility, passable downtown, and it has the main feature that its not Atlantic City and is available from both Metro North (NYC alums) and Amtrak (Ralph Baer)

Jasma
03-25-2012, 10:32 AM
After this past weekend, I'd have to consider Bridgeport as viable... suitable facility, passable downtown, and it has the main feature that its not Atlantic City and is available from both Metro North (NYC alums) and Amtrak (Ralph Baer)

The ice sucked. In this day and age the weather is no excuse. Either the equipment is subpar or the staff is.

hockeyenthusiast
03-25-2012, 12:37 PM
It should be Bridgeport. Better ice than Atlantic City, better arena, hour and a bit train ride from NYC. And it's also a hockey community so local people would show up.

Patman
03-25-2012, 12:47 PM
The ice sucked. In this day and age the weather is no excuse. Either the equipment is subpar or the staff is.

Would you rather go to atlantic city? I'll admit, I don't have an eye for ice... but having the tournament on the moon makes no sense either... it seems like a facility that's available that's reasonably located.

Jasma
03-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Would you rather go to atlantic city? I'll admit, I don't have an eye for ice... but having the tournament on the moon makes no sense either... it seems like a facility that's available that's reasonably located.

No, AC doesn't work either. Albany still makes the most sense, though Syracuse, GF and even Providence may make sense for different reasons. GF would have to boot the HS hoops torn and providence is a bit difficult as far as travel from some schools.

bothman
03-25-2012, 02:49 PM
No, AC doesn't work either. Albany still makes the most sense, though Syracuse, GF and even Providence may make sense for different reasons. GF would have to boot the HS hoops torn and providence is a bit difficult as far as travel from some schools.

How does Albany make the most sense? The tournament was there for several years and the city could have cared less.

Not sure how everyone else feels, but having the ECAC hockey tourney is an honor and we should choose a city that views it as such.

Albany had its chance and it failed to deliver. So we moved to Atlantic City which also failed to deliver. What city is next? Providence? Lake Placid?

Let's have an auction and see which city is ready to step up its game!

DrDemento
03-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Yes, they do. There's one place in Liverpool that sells it (I think Nichols') and I know people that actually enjoy it. :eek:

Shame they don't still make Maximus Super. Not the greatest taste but darn sure could get you hammered pretty quickly.:eek:

Wholin1
03-25-2012, 03:33 PM
A rumor was floating around yesterday in Bridgeport that AC is out for next year. Wouldn't that be nice. I think Bridgeport will always have a special place in Union fans' hearts, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a serious bid to host. The facility seems fairly well suited based on size, facility though not necessarily travel accessibility, still better than AC. Granted, Bridgeport isn't Beverly Hills, but they did seem happy to see college hockey this weekend.

CornwallAce
03-26-2012, 07:21 PM
If you know where to go, Utica has some really good food. At least they have something.

But even if the rink holds 4000, it's probably still too small. Though honestly, I always enjoyed watching hockey there.

Has anyone brought up Hartford?

LTsatch
03-26-2012, 07:54 PM
A rumor was floating around yesterday in Bridgeport that AC is out for next year. Wouldn't that be nice. I think Bridgeport will always have a special place in Union fans' hearts, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them make a serious bid to host. The facility seems fairly well suited based on size, facility though not necessarily travel accessibility, still better than AC. Granted, Bridgeport isn't Beverly Hills, but they did seem happy to see college hockey this weekend.

Funny thing is, that place is Yale's personal house of horror's. They even lost to Sacred Heart in that barn this year. I am no ice expert either, but the comments were made because of a seemingly larger number of rolling/on edge pucks during the games. You would think that an AHL arena would have decent ice. I know one thing, Bridgeport has the prettiest ice shoveling lass in the country, worth the price of admission herself.:D

LTsatch
03-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Has anyone brought up Hartford?

I have, largely ignored by the folks here. Some say it is too large, but I believe it is the same size as Providence. I don't like the building myself. Springfield's size is actually perfect though.

Wholin1
03-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Funny thing is, that place is Yale's personal house of horror's. They even lost to Sacred Heart in that barn this year. I am no ice expert either, but the comments were made because of a seemingly larger number of rolling/on edge pucks during the games. You would think that an AHL arena would have decent ice. I know one thing, Bridgeport has the prettiest ice shoveling lass in the country, worth the price of admission herself.:D Supposedly TUC in Albany has the same problem or at least I've heard the same complaints. Nail on the head about the shoveler.

Kepler
03-26-2012, 08:42 PM
I know one thing, Bridgeport has the prettiest ice shoveling lass in the country, worth the price of admission herself.:DThose of us who were not there would like evidence. :)

LTsatch
03-26-2012, 08:45 PM
Those of us who were not there would like evidence. :)

The Umass Lowell guys should have enough pictures, they were on a first name basis with her and applauded her every move.

Patronick
03-26-2012, 09:11 PM

I don't have a picture of her, but I can verify that what he says is 100% accurate. Total smoke show.

Veritas
03-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Apparently not much support for hockey in Atlantic City. Just off the phone with my cousins daughter. She and her boyfriend just spent the weekend in Atlantic City and she was not even aware that the hockey was there. No signs, notices, bulletins. I would guess the hotels want to discourage ant activity other than feeding coins into the slots. To stay in major hotel with no notice just seems odd

Patman
03-26-2012, 09:37 PM

So would I... can't get a great look from Row T.

LTsatch
03-26-2012, 11:36 PM
So would I... can't get a great look from Row T.
I was in a suite and the view from above was stellar.