Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

Well we've made it to the promised land...something many of us diehards could never be sure we'd see. Thanks to Coach Leaman, his staff and of course all of the boys for getting us there. Let's enjoy it and who knows, maybe have another celebration or two, or three or four. Go U!

Re: Union Hockey Postseason Thread: Care to Dance?

lets go union.....this is unbelievable.....

Comment

Looks like you guys will finish 8th in the PWR. That should land you a #2 seed in Bridgeport. Though it's not official yet, congratulations on your first NCAA tournament appearance.
      Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
        Looks like you guys will finish 8th in the PWR. That should land you a #2 seed in Bridgeport. Though it's not official yet, congratulations on your first NCAA tournament appearance.
        It's looking more & more like that's the case. Can we safely assume that the Messa box office will have tickets available?
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Congrats Union !!! Go far !!
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
            It's looking more & more like that's the case. Can we safely assume that the Messa box office will have tickets available?
            Never a safe assumption, but a good guess.

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            Congrats Union !!! Go far !!
            Or at least to Bridgeport.

Comment

Congrats to Union on their season and the NC$$ Bid and to Wholin1, the ECAC Pick The Playoffs Champion.
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

I'm still finding it hard to believe even now that it's official. Hopefully a good contingent can make it down to Bridgeport!

Comment

Congratulations to the players and coaches!! This is a huge achievement and another step in the progression of the program. UMD is a skilled team and will be a very serious challenge, but if the boys bring their A game anything can happen. Hopefully can get a good pro-Union/ECAC contingent at the game.
                  UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Congrats on making the NCAA's and good luck against tUMD on Friday. I'm hoping tDogs can find their A game, which seems lost somewhere in January.

Comment

Originally posted by achillesrink-3-7-5 View Post
                      I'm still finding it hard to believe even now that it's official. Hopefully a good contingent can make it down to Bridgeport!
                      At the selection gathering at the Nott this morning, tickets were being sold. Union also has a bus package - tickets and transportation. Lodging is on your own. There was quite a line waiting to sign up, so I'm hopeful. Additional information can be found on Union's website.
                      Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
                        At the selection gathering at the Nott this morning, tickets were being sold. Union also has a bus package - tickets and transportation. Lodging is on your own. There was quite a line waiting to sign up, so I'm hopeful. Additional information can be found on Union's website.
                        The bus trip is $110 roundtrip through Brown Coach and I think includes a ticket. There are plenty of reasonable hotel options within a few miles for $100 or less. The bus package price does not include hotel, but they have recommendations and I assume they will pick up and drop off. The boxoffice has several hundred tickets and I am guessing they will not sellout, but who knows? You can save $10 per ticket by buying from the college and avoiding the $12 Ticketmaster bookie fees. $60 for an all session through the College. Tix will need to be picked up on campus this week.

I thought the show was really exciting being there. ESPN had dead air the first time they tried to interview Nate but they got him back later and he was the only coach interviewed. It went pretty well until the end of the interview when the ESPN studio host said something about his being at "Yale" for 8 years now.

This is definitely a dream come true for little Union College. Go U!

Comment

Union has two of the most important keys to making a deep run in any hockey "one and done" format - a very good goalie and a top PP. If the goalie can get hot - or even just post the kind of numbers he did for most of the season, AND the PP is strong, Union will be hard to beat. That being said two things worry me as a Union alum:

1. The goalie's confidence is likely not at an all time high after giving up 4 goals in the 3rd period vs. Colgate in game #2 and the lead in the final 3 minutes of Game 3.

2. Yale looks to be legit and their confidence is at an all time high. They embarrassed both Colgate and Cornell and made the ECAC title look like men vs. boys. I am worried that Union may have been a bit over rated and that in fact Yale is the class of the ECAC.

But as a long time sports fan I know the most important thing - in one game anything can happen, and Union will benefit from knowing they beat Yale once, and know them well.

Union 5 Duluth 4 (OT)

Union 3 Yale 1 (empty net goal to win)

Mark it down and see you all in Bridgeport!!
                          Let's go U!

Comment

Congrats to Union on its first trip to the dance! These two programs aren't unfamiliar with each other, and it's been obvious that Union has been making positive strides since joining D1. I suspect it should be a whale of a game, but unfortunately, I must say I'm hoping tDogs pound the living bejeezus out of the Dutchmen and then do the same to the other Bulldogs. Luckily for Union, tUMD is not playing particularly inspired hockey lately, and if it becomes a penalty box parade, Union oughta like their chances.
                            Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Union 5 Duluth 4 (OT)

Union 3 Yale 1 (empty net goal to win)

Mark it down and see you all in Bridgeport!!
                              Congrats to Union! I hope we see you on Sat night. It would be great for the ECAC to have it's two best teams vying for a spot in the Frozen 4. If this game does come to pass, and Union holds Yale to 1 goal, they will deserve to win. I don't see that happening, but I don't blame you for believing that it could

Comment

Working...
                              X