Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2011-2012 Season Schedules

Originally posted by rodney View Post
    You're correct about the exemptions... the work around though is that one game is considered an exhibition game and one is considered a scrimmage. It's different in label but on game day there is no difference. So how should we label it since neither game counts against the 29 they can play? The same goes for Cornell which has two Canadian schools scheduled or any other school for that matter that has two 'exhibition' games.
    Now we're getting into some grey area. I think the best thing to do, at least for the spreadsheet, is to go based upon the NCAA definition, regardless of what the Ivy League says. It could be that the NCAA will count it against the team's 34-game limit, but the ivy league does not count it against their 29-game limit. However, I don't know how the NCAA compiles it in terms of statistics, whether or not it's just a non-exempt exhibition, in which case NC EX would be appropriate in front of the team for an in-conference opponent, and EX for a non-conference opponent. BTW, NC is what I use to not include in the conference count the NC games against conference opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      It could be that the NCAA will count it against the team's 34-game limit, but the ivy league does not count it against their 29-game limit.
      Winner. Just like that's how the Ivies can play D-III schools as "scrimmages," even though they count against the 34-game cap (and whatever cap the D-III schools have).
      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        Winner. Just like that's how the Ivies can play D-III schools as "scrimmages," even though they count against the 34-game cap (and whatever cap the D-III schools have).
        I don't think so... the last two years Princeton has played Morrisville State in its scrimmage and will scrimmage Neumann this year. It has not counted against the 29 (it may count against the 34, don't know). The stats have not counted.

Comment

I don't think so... the last two years Princeton has played Morrisville State in its scrimmage and will scrimmage Neumann this year. It has not counted against the 29 (it may count against the 34, don't know). The stats have not counted.
          If the stats haven't counted, that would explain exhibition status. However, what is not explained is the NCAA's stance on exemption. Obviously with this being a national schedule, I am using the NCAA's rules. According to their rules, it counts against the 34, so you'll see a number that is higher than 29 if you are playing these "scrimmages".

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            If the stats haven't counted, that would explain exhibition status. However, what is not explained is the NCAA's stance on exemption. Obviously with this being a national schedule, I am using the NCAA's rules. According to their rules, it counts against the 34, so you'll see a number that is higher than 29 if you are playing these "scrimmages".
            I completely understand. I think because so many teams play exhibition games, there might be some confusion between EX meaning exhibition and EX meaning exempt. That's all I'm mentioning. So based on that should we include exhibition games, and if so, how should they be labelled considering that so many teams do play exhibition games that do not count against their 34-game limit?

Comment

I completely understand. I think because so many teams play exhibition games, there might be some confusion between EX meaning exhibition and EX meaning exempt. That's all I'm mentioning. So based on that should we include exhibition games, and if so, how should they be labelled considering that so many teams do play exhibition games that do not count against their 34-game limit?
              The parentheses at the end signifies the exemption, and what type it is:
              (Ex) = Playing any one International team
              (Al) = Playing any Alaskan team in Alaska
              (US) = Playing one United States sanctioned national team
              (IB) = Playing in the IceBreaker Tournament
              (HF) = Playing at the USA Hockey Hall of Fame

If it's not exempt, use the code in the beginning, similar to how I have been placing it when Yale plays the Russian team.

BTW, in the case of Cornell and Yale (and any other team with this arrangement), the first international game is exempt. Any subsequent ones are not.
              Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-24-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Do we know who is playing who in the first game of the Ivy League shootout? And any other tournaments for that matter? Thanks to whomever filled in the Florida classic (even if they'll never read this because they're on eLynah).
                Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-24-2011, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                  25 / 24 for the NESCAC.

Norwich @ Dartmouth late October. Will try to get the date for you.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    25 / 24 for the NESCAC.

Norwich @ Dartmouth late October. Will try to get the date for you.
                    Thanks. Do you stick it on the bottom of the spreadsheet with the other opponent listings? I'm at work, and can't access the spreadsheet.

Comment

Bumping to the top. Are there any further schedule updates? Hopefully we will hear some news after the Memorial Day weekend, especially given the Fenway Park situation, since that's the only thing that Maine is waiting on.

Comment

FWIW the Robert Morris "Summer News Letter" Coach sent out lists RMU playing an exhibition against York on 10/1. The annual alumni game vs. the "Pittsburgh Celebrity Team" (TV personalities and Pens alums) will take place after.

One the one game is mentioned. Don't know as of yet if there will be a second game against York that Sunday.
                        Friends don't let friends go to PITT.

Save on GAS... BAN NASCAR

Comment

Originally posted by Spydey629 View Post
                          FWIW the Robert Morris "Summer News Letter" Coach sent out lists RMU playing an exhibition against York on 10/1. The annual alumni game vs. the "Pittsburgh Celebrity Team" (TV personalities and Pens alums) will take place after.

One the one game is mentioned. Don't know as of yet if there will be a second game against York that Sunday.
                          There probably won't be. York is a Canadian school, and therefore only one game is granted an exemption. As for the celebrity team, it sounds like it's an alumni game that doesn't even involve the regular team, but rather players that have played for RMU before.

Thanks for the info.
                          Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 05-30-2011, 10:37 AM.

Comment

My understanding is that Norwich is at Dartmouth on Wednesday October 26th.

Comment

Niagara's schedule is out. October 4th they open at Michigan. http://www.purpleeagles.com/sports/m...ules/index.asp

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                                Niagara's schedule is out. October 4th they open at Michigan. http://www.purpleeagles.com/sports/m...ules/index.asp
                                Thanks; they're in.

Comment

Working...
                                X