Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Kind of surprised by the lack of comment regarding the FoH meeting. An earlier poster said last year it filled several pages of the thread and was, I assume, very detailed. Maybe the summer doldrums have come too soon....now we have about 3 months to go before we can get a hockey fix.....with Stanley over as well! Congratulations to the Bruins....a great win and wonderful for the City of Boston. I'm Canadian but definitely NOT a Vancouver fan!

Comment

Originally posted by canada1 View Post
      Kind of surprised by the lack of comment regarding the FoH meeting. An earlier poster said last year it filled several pages of the thread and was, I assume, very detailed. Maybe the summer doldrums have come too soon....now we have about 3 months to go before we can get a hockey fix.....with Stanley over as well! Congratulations to the Bruins....a great win and wonderful for the City of Boston. I'm Canadian but definitely NOT a Vancouver fan!
      I am a fan of rioting, so i was most pleased by the outcome.
      Arenas Attended
      Matthews Arena
      Agganis Arena
      Tsongas Arena
      Lawler Arena
      Schneider Arena
      Mullins Center
      TD Banknorth Garden
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Alfond Arena
      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Satanic Husky View Post
        - Cronin believes NU will have the best defense (might've also said goaltending but I could be wrong there) in HE.
        I would still take BC's returning d core, but obviously NU's should be solid.

Anyway, I noticed that a Steve Silva has been posting on the Boston.com Bruins blog. Is that your Steve Silva?

Comment

Originally posted by canada1 View Post
          I put down everything I could recall from memory.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          Maine has announced the first Maine/NU game to be October 9th, NOT the 16th.
          And NU's schedule has been updated to reflect this. I look like a fool now.

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
          Nice job Bruins!
          Huskies your turn.. time for some hardware at the Garden & let it not be 39 years please
          I really hope the B's success transitions to NU so that there's some increase in hockey interest next season. I'm not holding my breath though but it would be great (almost as great as a Beanpot).

Comment

Originally posted by Satanic Husky View Post
            And NU's schedule has been updated to reflect this. I look like a fool now.
            Unless you work for NU and wrote the page on their schedule, I don't see why this should be the case.

Comment

I don't but I guess it's because multiple people said it was the 9th yet I insisted it was the 16th and the schedule failed me.

Comment

Looks like Cronin is headed for the NHL... http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle...rts&position=4

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                  Looks like Cronin is headed for the NHL... http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle...rts&position=4

Just like I told you and no one wanted to listen. MC from BC and MD from MC are calling as we speak.

Comment

Originally posted by roma View Post
                    It’s definite; Greg Cronin will be coaching at NU next year.
                    Haven't seen hokydad chime in...can't be definite Quote ( JD )

Because there was no need to chime in, he was always gone, was never returning.....

Comment

Hokydad strikes AGAIN!!!!!!!

You've all been owned by hokydad.
                      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

I doubt the Boston Herald would publish a story that they haven't done their "due diligence" on and had pretty good verification. I wonder what the future will hold and what effect this will have on the recruiting class....I believe that even recruits who have signed an LOI can leave without NCAA penalty if there has been a coaching change before they actually start in the program. I guess it depends on the recruiting relationship....Cronin's guys? Or, Sebastian and Albie's guys? Personally I don't see any big changes happening...especially if Sebastian ends up getting his head coaching chance...I actually wish him well in this regard as a better degree of continuity would result. "Yes" coachs are important...BUT...the players still make the team and NU has an excellent core coming back AND a top recruiting class. One final consideration though...if Oleksiak gets his expected first round draft pick....could impact on a decision to go or not go the Major Junior/Canadian hockey route.

Comment

If it is any consolation on the portion of recruiting, Sebastian did the majority of the speaking in terms of recruits during the Friends meeting. Obviously I'm just speculating, but that could be a good sign that as canada1 brought up that they could be "Sebastian's guys" more than Cronin's.

Comment

I always liked cronin. but i cant help but feel its a pretty ****ty move to leave this late. all other coaching jobs have been filled.
                            my huskies > your huskies

Comment

Originally posted by CroninSmash View Post
                              If it is any consolation on the portion of recruiting, Sebastian did the majority of the speaking in terms of recruits during the Friends meeting. Obviously I'm just speculating, but that could be a good sign that as canada1 brought up that they could be "Sebastian's guys" more than Cronin's.
                              Albie is the one who goes on all the recruiting trips, players get to know all of the coaches and the other players, i bet that oleksiak bounces and nobody else
                              Arenas Attended
                              Matthews Arena
                              Agganis Arena
                              Tsongas Arena
                              Lawler Arena
                              Schneider Arena
                              Mullins Center
                              TD Banknorth Garden
                              Conte Forum
                              Whittemore Center
                              Gutterson Fieldhouse
                              Alfond Arena
                              Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

I heard it couple days back as well.. did not want to type anything on here hoping it was still rumor & speculation.. the fella who mentioned it is a friend of the Coach, still i thought it was hearsay.. sigh

i have to agree with the Herald.. this is not a rumor, he is gone.

Tough news (like someone mentioned, this late).. also i guess he is better suited for the pro level, never really was high into the academic requirements that go along with these student athletes.. and of course his clashes with Peter Roby did not help.

Sebastian LaPlante is a very able candidate interim or otherwise.
                                Bottom line.. we have good recruits & hopefully that does not change.
                                GO NU HOCKEY
                                Always bullish on the future.
                                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X