Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern Huskies Offseason (Discipline: let's find it)

Nice article. http://www.hockeyjournal.com/news/20...icism_have.php
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

10/2 @St. Xavier's (EX) [this was on the rough schedule but it's not on the released one, so I'm not sure about it]
      10/7 UMass
      10/14 UNH
      10/16 @Maine
      10/21 @MC
      10/22 BC
      10/29 @UNH

11/4 @MC
      11/5 MC
      11/11 @BC
      11/12 @UMass
      11/18 PC
      11/19 UVM
      11/25 @ UMich

12/2 @ ND
      12/3 @ ND
      12/10 UML
      12/30 Tournament @ UMinn
      12/31 Tournament @ UMinn

1/7 US National Team Development Program (EX)
      1/13 bu
      1/14 @BC
      1/20 @UML
      1/21 UML
      1/27 @UVM
      1/28 @UVM

2/3 UMass
      2/6 BC (Beanpot)
      2/10 @UNH
      2/13 Har/bu (Beanpot)
      2/17 PC
      2/18 @PC
      2/24 Maine
      2/25 Maine

3/2 @bu
      3/3 bu
      3/9 HE QF
      3/10 HE QF
      3/11 HE QF
      3/16 HE SF
      3/17 HE Final

Comment

I believe that the gamre @ Maine on 10/16 was resked for 10/9 so that Maine could make a nice little trip.

Comment

It's still up on gonu.com...and now so is that exhibition game - only now it's at Matthews.

http://www.gonu.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhockey

Comment

..mostly (all) HE opponents at Matthews. The 2012-13 should see some OOC come back.. always fun to watch different competition on home ice.

That Compton Family Ctr at ND looks neat. Would be a fun road trip just for getting a chance to see gms at their new arena. Team should be well positioned after the outing at Yost.

More details from folks that were in attendance please.. Thanks.
            Go Huskies.. Go Bruins!
            GO NU HOCKEY
            Always bullish on the future.
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I forgot a pen so I couldn't write down specifics but here's what I could remember:

- Cronin said we should be at the point where we're regularly challenging for Beanpot, home ice in HE playoffs and NCAA bearths.
              - Cronin wants the team to be more physical - he said something to the extent of "we're in the city, we gotta play smashmouth hockey."
              - Mike McLaughlin will be the team captain.
              - The improvement in the quality of recruits is a reflection of the program's growth.
              - A decent amount are true freshmen as well.
              - Laplante & Cronin spoke glowingly of recruits, especially the significance of having three of the top eight USHL scorers coming in.
              - Saponari has two years left (coming in a junior).
              - The defense will be BIG this year.
              - Cronin believes NU will have the best defense (might've also said goaltending but I could be wrong there) in HE.
              - Gaudreau will be drafted this month.
              - NU could have around 14 drafted players on the team this year but Cronin doesn't care because those are individual achievements but realizes they are effective for recruiting.
              - Oleksiak will return unless he's drafted by a NHL team that wants him to play major juniors and he doesn't fight it.
              - Quailer will be here the remaining two years. (no surprise, but Cronin mentioned increase in motivation which is nice to hear)
              - Michigan & Notre Dame will return the games next year (Notre Dame will either come here for two games next year or one game for the next two years).

Hopefully someone can fill in anything I missed or if you guys have questions, maybe it'll jog my memory.

It was very nice meeting you Ryecheers.
              Last edited by Satanic Husky; 06-14-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

thanks
                GO NU HOCKEY
                We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I'm a big fan of all the drafted players. It shows we've moved past having a team stocked with 20 and 21 year old freshmen and moved closer to what BU and BC have. Definitely glad to see McLaughlin as captain, he played hard all the time and got rewarded this past year with 11 goals. Quailer sticking around for the next two years doesn't surprise me, the Canadiens are pretty deep and I'm sure he wants to get back to producing what he did freshmen year.

Nice to see Michigan and Notre Dame returning, another sign things are looking up (used to be they were one and done deals).

DHD also mentioned Witt will see more ice time, which will no doubt relieve some fans here.

Comment

Yes, I knew I forgot something important.

Comment

Originally posted by GoNU5 View Post
                      I'm a big fan of all the drafted players. It shows we've moved past having a team stocked with 20 and 21 year old freshmen and moved closer to what BU and BC have. Definitely glad to see McLaughlin as captain, he played hard all the time and got rewarded this past year with 11 goals. Quailer sticking around for the next two years doesn't surprise me, the Canadiens are pretty deep and I'm sure he wants to get back to producing what he did freshmen year.

Nice to see Michigan and Notre Dame returning, another sign things are looking up (used to be they were one and done deals).

DHD also mentioned Witt will see more ice time, which will no doubt relieve some fans here.
                      In Witt I trust!
                      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Cro asked if people wanted more Witt and it seemed a consensus yes on that. I think Rawlings at his very best is a top notch goaltender, but at his worst, he's almost a liability. It's frustrating not knowing whether Jekll or Hyde will show up, which is why I'm glad to see more Witt. Yes, my opinion of Witt's based on a very small sample size, but from what I've seen he's far more consistent and you know what you're getting when he's between the pipes. Maybe the more balanced rotation will push Rawlings to play up to his ability more.

Comment

Satanic Husky.....first and foremost...assume you did not wear a suit and tie!! Appreciate your posts and updates. Did Cronin discuss any of his recruits individually and his expectations and what role each might play next season. The info on Witt was interesting.

Comment

I most certainly did not wear suit & tie. Cro & Sebas did talk at length about each recruit but like I said, I forgot a pen so I can't recall the specifics for each. Maybe someone else who attended could fill you in on that.

Comment

Nice job Bruins!
                              Huskies your turn.. time for some hardware at the Garden & let it not be 39 years please
                              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Maine has announced the first Maine/NU game to be October 9th, NOT the 16th.

Comment

Working...
                                X