PDA

View Full Version : #1 Boston College vs. #4 Merrimack - HEA Championship - 3/19

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

goblue
03-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Congrats to 'Mack -- well-played game (actually, make that 2 this weekend.) You ended up on the wrong side of the win, but you proved you can skate with the best. Good luck in the NCAA's -- perhaps we'll meet again in Manchester.

And BC showed that they are still the team to beat, in my eastern-biased view.

irishfan85
03-19-2011, 11:27 PM
Didn't get to stay, so can I ask who was on the All-Tourny team?

Stollery, Flanigan from MC. Cross, Muse, Atkinson, forget who else from BC and Atkinson with MVP.

SteveF
03-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Didn't get to stay, so can I ask who was on the All-Tourny team?

muse
dumoulin
stollery
atkinson
flannagan
gibbons (maybe)

sterlippo1
03-19-2011, 11:32 PM
muse
dumoulin
stollery
atkinson
flannagan
gibbons (maybe)

correct

Carmine Scarpaglia
03-19-2011, 11:33 PM
Terrific game. Muse once again comes up big in a "hat and t-shirt" game. MC had chances, but you have to bury them (ouch, Cucci just missing on the pp tap in), and you simply cannot make a turnover or leave a juicy rebound for the Eagles. Atkinson's shot would have had a vapor trail in the old televised NHL games. What a freakin' laser. Dumolin is outstanding.
They got the all tourney team right (Flanigan had quite the playoffs). Clean, hard hitting, well officiated game. A pleasure to have been there. Best of luck to both teams.

That first Flanigan goal was a freakin laser beam. Sucker came flying out of the net, if not for the water bottle popping and the crowd going nuts I would have thought it hit some iron and didn't go in. The 2nd of his 2 tonight was a crafty shot that handcuffed Muse.

As for the well-officiated game... I can't say I agree with that.

Priceless
03-19-2011, 11:35 PM
Good luck in the NCAA's -- perhaps we'll meet again in Manchester.

Not unless you're meeting for dinner :p

Eaglefan06
03-19-2011, 11:39 PM
Shame Jimmy Hayes didn't make the All-Tournament team. 4 goals, 2 assists in 4 games.

J.D.
03-19-2011, 11:44 PM
As for the well-officiated game... I can't say I agree with that.

Agreed. I mean, the MC PP goal that tied it at 3 was a direct result of a terrible call on Joe Whitney's textbook body check. Whatever...we're all used to that crap by now. Thought Muse should have had that one anyway, but he game up big yet again.

RENCEB
03-20-2011, 01:00 PM
That first Flanigan goal was a freakin laser beam. Sucker came flying out of the net, if not for the water bottle popping and the crowd going nuts I would have thought it hit some iron and didn't go in. The 2nd of his 2 tonight was a crafty shot that handcuffed Muse.

As for the well-officiated game... I can't say I agree with that. Well I guess I consider any game where Merrimack has fewer penalties than their opponent as a well officiated game ;)
I wasn't focusing on the BC penalties, but MC's penalties were all legit calls. No complaints there.

carltonbarrett
03-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Wow, didn't realize that the Mack was taking a page out of Maine's recruiting book with all the 86 (4) and 87 (6) birthdates on their roster. That's one way to get good quick, when you have a bunch of men playing a bunch of kids. Shoulda known..... :-)

RENCEB
03-20-2011, 01:49 PM
Wow, didn't realize that the Mack was taking a page out of Maine's recruiting book with all the 86 (4) and 87 (6) birthdates on their roster. That's one way to get good quick, when you have a bunch of men playing a bunch of kids. Shoulda known..... :-)1. You're kidding, you're just realizing this now? 2. Hmm, last I checked, it is NCAA "Men's" Ice Hockey. I guess you must not think the BC players qualify as men? I don't think they'd take kindly to that.;) The 'kids" are playing today at the Garden in the MIAA tournament.

carltonbarrett
03-20-2011, 01:56 PM
If it were up to me, to be eligible, you would have to be no more than 20 by the end of your freshmen year, which means you'd be no older than 23 when you play your last college game. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't like seeing 24, 25 and even 26 year olds playing the college game, that's why they have numerous pro leagues.

SteveF
03-20-2011, 02:02 PM
Wow, didn't realize that the Mack was taking a page out of Maine's recruiting book with all the 86 (4) and 87 (6) birthdates on their roster. That's one way to get good quick, when you have a bunch of men playing a bunch of kids. Shoulda known..... :-)

merrimack is like the trix rabbit, and they just found out that HE titles are for kids.

claver2010
03-20-2011, 02:15 PM
If it were up to me, to be eligible, you would have to be no more than 20 by the end of your freshmen year, which means you'd be no older than 23 when you play your last college game. Call me old fashioned, but I just don't like seeing 24, 25 and even 26 year olds playing the college game, that's why they have numerous pro leagues.

http://www.bu.edu/today/files/images/articles/gilroy_0.jpg

SteveF
03-20-2011, 10:27 PM
muse
dumoulin
stollery
atkinson
flannagan
gibbons (maybe)

whoops, irishfan was right.. it was cross not dumoulin