No announcement yet.

2011 NCAA Womens Hockey Championship Game: Wisconsin Badgers vs. BU Terriers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 NCAA Womens Hockey Championship Game: Wisconsin Badgers vs. BU Terriers

Who do you like and why?
    Boston University Terriers
    27.08%
    Wisconsin Badgers
    72.92%

The poll is expired.

Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Re: 2011 NCAA Womens Hockey Championship Game: Wisconsin Badgers vs. BU Terriers

Wisconsin because they're WCHA. That's all the reason I need.

Comment

Re: 2011 NCAA Womens Hockey Championship Game: Wisconsin Badgers vs. BU Terriers

UW...Sperry wasn't tested today but I don't think that will be the case on Sunday. It would have been better for her if she had been. I don't buy the comparisons of Rigsby to Vetter...she's quite beatable but she has the upperhand guarding the onion bag on Sunday by virtue of the action she got today.

As good as BU's defence was today I don't think that they will shut down UW's offence and virtually eliminate their shots on goal as they did to Cornell.

Comment

Kerrin Sperry is no Molly Schaus.
        113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Yesterdays game write-ups in Erie paper:

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9884/-1/SPORTS

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9881/-1/SPORTS

Congrats to both teams and good luck! Really enjoyed watching the games and talking to all the Boston and Wisconsin fans that made the trip!

Comment

Is there any way to watch this game on TV in the Boston area, or online?
            Boston University Hockey National Champions: 1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

"We shouldn't have to beat BC for the nationals. Hell, we can do that any time." - BU legend Jack O'Callahan after winning NCAA championship

30 Beanpot titles and counting

Comment

Originally posted by BU-Grad View Post
              Is there any way to watch this game on TV in the Boston area, or online?
              Should be able to watch online:

http://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule
              Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                Kerrin Sperry is no Molly Schaus.
                Unfortunately Rigby is no Molly Schaus either......
                This could be a high scoring affair.

Comment

I'm pretty sure BU winning this game would be the worst thing ever.

I haven't worked out all the calculations yet.
                  Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                  Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                  Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Pretty sure that most people feel that way when BC is playing Tony.......I was surprised yesterday how BU contained Cornell's speed and they cluttered up the middle in front of Sperry....I think their size will help them against Wisco where BC was outsized very badly.....I agree that Schaus kept BC in the game, but whether or not BU cannot stay with Wisconsin is another matter...While I'm firends with BD and wish him all the luck, to have BU go from no program at all 6 years ago to NC Champ, would be hearing a bunch of crap here on the East coast, but then again to have to hear about the WCHA domination crap for another year, that might be just as bad!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                      ...but then again to have to hear about the WCHA domination crap for another year, that might be just as bad!
                      I always thought "crap" was short for bullcrap, indicating a falsehood or implying something was untrue. Apparently I've misinterpreted "crap" for many years.

Will the "nightmare" finally end on Sunday?

Who has the edge in this one? At forward, on the blueline, in goal?

I think I'd agree with ARM...and ask, why not Duggan, Knight & Decker from the get go?
                      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                        Pretty sure that most people feel that way when BC is playing Tony.......
                        I know and embrace this.
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Wisconsin wins it all for sure...

After all its This:
                          *****http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4419174122_54e700d8ae.jpg******
                          Badger by grahamalicious, on Flickr

-vs-

This:
                          *****http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5256/5542082944_37b48b5e48.jpg******
                          Aida the Boston Terrier by grahamalicious, on Flickr

No contest there! On Wisconsin!
                          (Both pictures taken by me, The badger lives at Vilas Zoo in Madison and the Boston terrier is my sister's dog, Aida)

Comment

GO BU, time to win a championship ladies. Let's have the newest Hockey East team bring home the conference's first national title.

Comment

Originally posted by grahamalicious View Post
                              Wisconsin wins it all for sure...

After all its This:
                              *****http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4015/4419174122_54e700d8ae.jpg******
                              Badger by grahamalicious, on Flickr

-vs-

This:
                              *****http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5256/5542082944_37b48b5e48.jpg******
                              Aida the Boston Terrier by grahamalicious, on Flickr

No contest there! On Wisconsin!
                              (Both pictures taken by me, The badger lives at Vilas Zoo in Madison and the Boston terrier is my sister's dog, Aida)
                              You do realize that Terriers were bred to hunt rodents and, yes, badgers.
                              Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                              ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Working...
                              X