X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RPI 2010-2011 VI- Red Dead Redemption

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
    Atlantic City. And the game is televised on CBS C. 7:30PM
    Thanks EHF. I'll be able to watch the first half hour, then I got my horse in a race at 8pm but I'll toggle back and forth as much as I can...

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
      Atlantic City. (It's in New Jersey. ) You better start paying more attention next year. We wouldn't want you heading to the wrong venue.
      I'm no statictician...but I'm not blonde (most of the time)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
        Playoff status is a site that doesn't post their methodology and also doesn't consider ties. In short, it's a pretty terrible site for one that proclaims itself to be an all-inclusive probabilities site.

If Colgate, Michigan, and Western Michigan all win, then the Engineers are in. If Yale wins, then the Engineers are in. The AHA, HEA, and WCHA finals have little to no impact on anything other than the seedings of the teams playing those games.
        sweet, go Yale! I hope you're right...

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
          Just running some more numbers and think that our chances are better than the tools tell us. First off, given DC has nothing to play for and Colgate is better than their Krach rating, I expect Colgate to win the game today - I'll call them a 60% favorite. Ignoring ties (and I know that's a big oversight), the question becomes what happens in the CCHA? It seems to me that those two games are almost out and out toss-ups. If I'm correct, combined with a Colgate win, we are in in all scenarios other than when Miami and ND win their games - which is 75% of the outcomes.

So if Colgate wins, we are in 75% of the time that Cornell wins - and 100% otherwise. That seems like a good place to be!
          We have 2 early toss ups today. Dartmouth beat Colgate 2 out of 3 this year and Michigan and notre Dame split a pair this year. These both would on paper seem like 50/50 games. I like Michigan today to help us-but i am just ot sure Colgate can keep up their late season play now that they have been eliminated. I know Dartmouth has also been eliminated but on paper they are still the better team (at least on KRACH). I really would like these 2 games to go our way so i don't have to sit here on pins and needles through the Yale game. I know the ECAC championship is involved but Yale has little else to play for and one of Kepler's Laws is never bet against Cornell in the post season.
          Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Phase 2 of Hobey voting is up. You need to create an account to vote (took me about a minute to do so).

http://www.hobeybakeraward.com/
            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by Section 22 View Post
              Where is the Captial District RPI faithful watching the ECAC championship game tonight?
              With 99.9% confidence, it would NOT be Atlantic City!
              RPI Hockey - Taking on the World!

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                Phase 2 of Hobey voting is up. You need to create an account to vote (took me about a minute to do so).

I have an account and Jenny now has one-we will be voting daily-come on guys let's all do this for Chase! I might even create a couple for the cats.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Done

Comment

Done!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Re: RPI 2010-2011 VI- Red Dead Redemption

Don't forget that the Senior Class Award is still open http://www.seniorclassaward.com/vote/hockey_2010-11/. As opposed to the fan Hobey vote, it actually counts of a signifcant percentage of the vote.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

when I try to create an account it keeps coming back as, "invalid email address". anyone else having this problem?
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

College hockey news is showing a score as if the game started hours early, with Colgate dominating. What's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
                            College hockey news is showing a score as if the game started hours early, with Colgate dominating. What's going on?
                            It's the box score from yesterday's Cornell/Dartmouth game. They've been having issues with several of the live scoreboards over the course of the weekend.
                            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by RPI92 View Post
                              If you go to the live boxscore, it turns out to be the DC-Cornell game.

Edit: Damm, I am slow today.
                              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 03-19-2011, 02:13 PM.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Voted...

Comment

Working...
                                X