X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Merrimack College 2010-2011: playoff run

GAME OFFICIALS
    Semifinals: Friday, March 18
    #1 BOSTON COLLEGE vs. #6 NORTHEASTERN (5:05 p.m.)
    Referees: Tom Fyrer and John Gravallese Linesmen: Chris Aughe and Brendan Kelleher
    Back-Up Referee: Tom Quinn Back-Up Linesman: Marc Sullivan
    Video Replay Officials: John Jones and Tom Quinn Goal Judges: Robert Brady and Thomas Kavanaugh
    #2 NEW HAMPSHIRE vs. #4 MERRIMACK (8:05 p.m.)
    Referees: Scott Hansen and Kevin Shea Linesmen: Chris Millea & Bob Bernard
    Back-Up Referee: Tom Quinn Back-Up Linesman: Chris Low
    Video Replay Officials: John Jones and Tom Quinn Goal Judges: Liam Lynch and Joseph DeSisto
    Championship Game: Saturday, March 19 (7:05 p.m.)
    Referee: Tim Benedetto and Jeff Bunyon Linesmen: Chris Aughe and Bob Bernard
    Back-Up Referee: Kevin Shea Back-Up Linesman: Jeremy Lovett
    Video Replay Officials: Kevin Shea and Tom Quinn Goal Judges: Paul Sacco and William McCarthy

Comment

Originally posted by 'MackFan View Post
      where did you get this info??????????
      http://warriorrinkrat.com/2011/03/16/weekend-officials/

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
        Well they're certainly not MC friendly either, if Bigos were so much as to breath on someone I'm sure there'd be 5 minutes. But yes.. they did give BU a distinct advantage in last year's quarters at the Agganis.
        Well no ****. They are Jack Parker hired guns. They certainly aren't friendly to anyone but BU.
        BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
        National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
        Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Welcome to the Big Leagues! Good Luck! I think it is wonderful so many fans will show up...see you in the finals?
          BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES: 2010 2008 2001 1949

Comment

Jerry York over Mark Dennehy? Is this a joke??
            Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
              A huge joke!!! That should of been a no brainer!!!!

Comment

Only losing 1 game in conference over their last 15 and being the first team in over 16 years to get 20 conference wins probably helped his cause. In fairness, MC only had 16 wins and lost 3 of their last 4 reg season games, swept by Maine and splitting with PC. That weekend in Maine was more painfull than thought.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
                  A huge joke!!! That should of been a no brainer!!!!
                  A joke? York is the best coach in college hockey. Dennehy did a good job, but York is the king.
                  Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                    Let's see. The best coach in the country (maybe ever) won the COTY award for his conference after finishing first in the league with the youngest team in the country and in position for a 1 seed in the NCAAs. Yea, that's just really crazy.
                    Originally posted by reBlur
                    the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                      Let's see. The best coach in the country (maybe ever) won the COTY award for his conference after finishing first in the league with the youngest team in the country and in position for a 1 seed in the NCAAs. Yea, that's just really crazy.
                      Carmine, Dennehy should have won it. I mean, his team finished fourth...
                      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

You'd get no arguement from me that Jerry York is the best coach in the country. Heck, his program has been the best since 1998 or so. Frozen Fours, NCAA Titles, HE Tourney Titles, guys in NHL, etc. However, I was expecting Dennehy to get it based on his team being a perenial bottom dweller and finishing 3 spots ahead of expected and all.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                          You'd get no arguement from me that Jerry York is the best coach in the country. Heck, his program has been the best since 1998 or so. Frozen Fours, NCAA Titles, HE Tourney Titles, guys in NHL, etc. However, I was expecting Dennehy to get it based on his team being a perenial bottom dweller and finishing 3 spots ahead of expected and all.
                          I want MC to do well and make a great run. MD did a great job. But, when you lose 3/4 down the stretch, and get smoked 7-1, 4-1 and lose to pc 5-3 and voting was done after regular seaon. many voters would say, "Hey, clearly it was a 1 horse show with a great goalie"

I am quite sure the qtr finals series put a rest to that notion. y

Comment

Why so sure JC is leaving? I've heard rumblings both ways. Vancouver has some depth in their system. Goalies tend to stay longer, but I've been resigned to him leaving. For a while, I thought he might stay, but not anymore. I think Morotta is a decent goalie (obviously no JC).

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                              I expected Dennehy to win it too... because most people that vote on these things are ********. That's not to say Dennehy would not have been deserving. Let's be honest, having no Penroses at BC and this being only his 2nd COTY award at BC... exactly how many chromosomes do these voters have? Makes me wonder...
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I expected Dennehy to win it too... because most people that vote on these things are ********. That's not to say Dennehy would not have been deserving. Let's be honest, having no Penroses at BC and this being only his 2nd COTY award at BC... exactly how many chromosomes do these voters have? Makes me wonder...
                                Carmine, I think often times COTY goes to the coach who's team over achieves. I think Jerry is a hell of a hockey coach. The numbers do not lie. However, I believe he has been passed over for COTY so often because he has had a boat load of talent so often with teams expected to compete for titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X