U19/U16 2011 National Championships - Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U19/U16 2011 National Championships - Detroit

Lots of exciting hockey on tap in the coming weeks in the NCAA and the U19/U16 Nats just around the corner too starting April 6-10. I heard Assabet U19 was eliminated this past weekend - wow!
    The schedule is up on USA Hockey site and some teams are listed but not all. Who are the teams? Early favourites? Players to watch for?

Re: U19/U16 2011 National Championships - Detroit

With NCAA Championships ending does anyone want to weigh-in and start some banter on the USA U19/U16 Nationals which start a week from Wednesday in Detroit? Who will be contenders for the titles? Are there underdogs to look out for? The schedule and teams are now set, should be an exciting five days of hockey showcasing many of the up and coming female players of the future!

Comment

Don't forget that there is a Tier II Championship that just stared last night (March 29) in Anaheim.

It's March 29-April 3, same age groups as Tier I.

I hope one of the young ladies in that tournament makes it in D1 hockey.

Comment

Hey, right on! Thanks for the reminder. Good luck to all out west!!

Comment

It definitely was an exciting tournament. In the U19 division, the Lady Ducks made it to the Semi-Finals, but were beaten by Alaska 11-0.

Comment

Congrats to the Alliance Bulldogs 19 & Under as they beat a strong Alaska All Stars team in overtime 3-2!

http://www.usahockey.com/Youth_Natio...tailedNews=yes

*****http://i463.***********.com/albums/qq355/trfederspiel/AllianceBulldogsT219UNationalChamps-Capt.jpg******

*****http://i463.***********.com/albums/qq355/trfederspiel/AllianceBulldogsT219UNationalChamps.jpg******
            Last edited by NoGo; 04-20-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Good luck to the Lady Anaheim ducks U16 at the TIER 1 Nationals!!!!

Comment

The FastHockey video feed is absolutely terrible- dark, blurry, poor site lines. In this day and age you'd think USA Hockey would consider the quality of the venue when awarding bids.

Comment

Can someone point me to a link to the event. Thanks.

Comment

http://www.usahockey.com/Youth_Natio...4_04&ID=299836

Comment

I agree that the Fast Hockey Feeds are a ripoff (camera autofocus on throughout the games causing the camera to focus on the fishnet above the glass as well as a lousy camera location and bad camera operator), but that is just part of the issues I have seen. The rinks where the games are being played are pathetic with almost no spectator seating and where did they find the Refs. My oh my, USA Hockey you should be ashamed of the way this looks to everyone that is attending or trying to watch on Fast Hockey.

Comment

Congratulations to Colorado Select U19's! Advance to the semi's with a win over The Washington Pride. Great game! Semi's are set to face off any minute. Colorado vs. SSM, and Little Ceasar's vs. Ct Polar Bears. Good Luck to all!
                        Bline

Comment

Congrads to Shattuck St Marys in the 4-1 victory over CO Select. Refs for this game were much improved. Fast Hockey video was also improved. Good Luck to Shattuck in the championship game tomorrow.

Comment

First Semi-final done. SSM 4 Colorado Select 1. Great game ladies. So SSM will face LC or CT Ploar Bears for the championship.
                            Bline

Comment

Little Caesars defeated Polar Bears to advance to the U19 final against Shattuck. Here are their records/team stats leading into the final. Catch the game on Fast Hockey on Sunday at 3pm ET. The two haven't met this season so it should be an interesting match-up.
                              GP W L T GF GA Pts
                              Little Caesars 5 5 0 0 0 0 33 8 15
                              Shattuck St. Mary's 5 5 0 0 0 0 25 2 15

Comment

Working...
                              X