• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

Amen!

Comment

The thing I can't wait for is the TV schedule. Just praying the NBA lockout is replaced (for good) with Badger Hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        Or anything at all, for that matter.

North Dakota: Home of the Sioux, occasional floods and not much else.
        ......don't forget SNIRT!

(I'm baaaaaack!)
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Ok I got to admit, a Badger forum should not be this lame there is no chatter. So let's get everybodys minds working with a question. Who do you guys think will lead the team in goals, assist, points overall, and what incoming freshmen will make the biggest impact.

Fo me I got Schultz making the kohl brighter, Zengerle dishing the biscuit, Schultz leading the team in scoring also possible Hobey winner, and Rumpel making the biggest impact.
          Last edited by UWisco; 09-03-2011, 09:56 PM.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Player that will improve their point totals the most from last year to this year?

Derek Lee is my pick.

btw...since the B10 is a reality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lLX8...eature=related
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Player that will improve their point totals the most from last year to this year?

Derek Lee is my pick.

btw...since the B10 is a reality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lLX8...eature=related
              Hahaha where on earth did you find that?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Hahaha where on earth did you find that?
                I think I was looking for UW hockey and got frustrated by not finding Heatley goals on the rats so I think I was entering a search just for college hockey or maybe it was ncaa hockey or something.

still, great to see so many wolverines get pummeled in 2 mins! Specner, Tok, Strobel....man that was the tail end of the era right there. after that season the UW went downhill quickly.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

2011-2012 WCHA Team Finish Predictions:

Chuck posted his WCHA predictions yesterday...

1. Denver
                  2. North Dakota
                  3. Colorado College
                  4. Minnesota-Duluth
                  5. St. Cloud State
                  6. Nebraska-Omaha
                  7. Wisconsin
                  8. Minnesota
                  9. Alaska-Anchorage
                  10. Bemidji State
                  11. Michigan Tech
                  12. Minnesota State

I 100% agree the top 2 teams are Denver and UND. After that however, I have a tough time on the next 4. my list would be

1. Denver
                  2. North Dakota
                  3. Nebraska-Omaha
                  4. Minnesota
                  5. Wisconsin
                  6. Minnesota-Duluth

reason being I think Duluth lost too much in Connolly and Fontaine, Minnesota's improvement by losing Hill (don't underestimate the morale lift/impact this will have on the kids) and talented frosh class, and UW was solid (if unspectacular) last year and adds (my .02) a better goalie, a couple of talented frosh forwards (goal scorers this time not play-makers) and guys like Mersh, Barnes, Lee, Zengerle, Faust, and Simonelli should be much improved
                  Last edited by solovsfett; 09-10-2011, 12:37 AM.

Comment

I don't know why people are so down on Wisconsin, we should actually be half decent this year.
                    WISCONSIN BADGERS
                    NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                    WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                    WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                    B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                    Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                      I don't know why people are so down on Wisconsin, we should actually be half decent this year.
                      it's not down on Wisconsin to be realistic. Rumpel could be CUJO but we don't know that yet. and even if he IS CUJO pt 2, we do not know that the guys needed to step up WILL step up in production. Zengerle could score 20-25 goals and 40-50 points if he improves just a little bit and keeps his effing head up and shoots the puck when he's got the chance and quick, but will he????

Craig Smith is gone so who replaces those points? Who replaces Gardiner's up-ice rush? these are all valid questions and the unknown makes me want to project lower than I'd like.

Believe me I expect Mersch, Barnes, Lee, Zengerle, Faust, Simo to improve significantly, but what if say 2 of those don't?

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                        Howdy folks...

I'm a Northern Michigan fan who is planning on attending Opening Weekend in October... I was wondering if I could get some hotel advice from y'all

I just did a search on Kayak.com and the only hotel it shows around the "campus" area is the DoubleTree Inn at a staggering $186/night for Oct. 7th-9th.... No other hotels along the strip between Lake Mendota & Lake Menona are available... Next closest hotels are west of Campus along Highway 12/14... Those are chaper, starting around $100/night... Overall, I was just wondering why the prices were so high, considering it's a non-football weekend... I figured the usual $60-75/night hockey trip budget would suffice...

Also, what are the location differences between the two... We would like to be somewhere where we can make it out for food & drinks on foot if possible... Plan on checking out the infamous State Street as well... Easy access to the Kohl is also wanted... Any advice or other things that we should note for this trip?

Thanks in advance
                        The Double Tree is about a block away from the Kohl, like 2 blocks away from State, and right in the heart of Downtown. 12/14 is pretty far IMO. I used Google maps to find a few other hotels around here. There are actually quite a few. If you search for "Hotels near Madison, WI" you should find a good amount. $119/night at University Inn and it's right on State. Hope that all helps. Have a fun weekend in MadTown if you decide to come!
                        When you say WISCONSIN you've said it all!

Comment

Does the construction interfere with one's ability to get from the parking lot behind gate C by the train to the front of the KC? I'm planing to go to the first women's game and gate C is usually not open, so we walk around to the front.

Why are people down on UW? UW didn't get home ice last year and lost a ton of firepower. Losing Smith was totally huge.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Does the construction interfere with one's ability to get from the parking lot behind gate C by the train to the front of the KC? I'm planing to go to the first women's game and gate C is usually not open, so we walk around to the front.
                            I don't *think* you'll have any trouble. The construction has closed gate B from my observation, so if you're walking from the gate C area up Frances St to Gate A you should be fine.

La Bahn Arena construction
                            This is looking at Gate B from the west side of the KC.
                            Randy Schmidt should be / has been fired.
                            Exhibit A | Exhibit B

Help Cure MS
                            sigpic
                            Donate

Wisconsin Hockey: "When you say WISCONSIN, you've said it all!"
                            1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, 2006

Circle, circle, dot, dot, dot...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              This board is lame right now. What incoming freshman are you guys most looking forward to watching this season?
                              It's between Rumpel and McCabe. Obviously Rumpel is going to have to be good coming in. I'm hoping he comes in and has a stelar freshman performance like Bachman did a few years ago for CC. Hopefully Northern Michigan and Tech get his feet wet and prepare him quick for NoDak, UNO, SCSU, and Minny. McCabe just seems like my kind of player. Small but powerful defenseman.

I also can't wait to see some breakout performances for a lot of the Sophomores. Barnes, Clark, and Dahl are all guys I'm really looking forward to seeing in bigger roles.

I guess I'm just really anxious for the season to finally be here!
                              When you say WISCONSIN you've said it all!

Comment

Toews destroys kid at hockey camp...eesh

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...rn=nhl-wp12360
                                Last edited by solovsfett; 09-13-2011, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X