This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey: Vol. XVIII - Belief in a Better Tomorrow

I usually bid on Priceline for 3.5* downtown zone in the $50-55 range. I almost always get a room on nonfootball weekends. There seem to be only 3 hotels that come up in that zone and star rating....the Hilton, Councourse & Govenors Club, and (comes up most often for me when I bid) the Hyatt. First two are walkable (probably a 15-20 minute walk) to the Kohl, especially if you take the slight detour route down State street and make sure you are properly hydrated by making a few reststops. The Hyatt is a couple miles down the road on Nolan and quite a stretch to walk.

Comment

This board is lame right now. What incoming freshman are you guys most looking forward to watching this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        This board is lame right now. What incoming freshman are you guys most looking forward to watching this season?
        Chase Drake. Not because I expect him to light the world on fire, but he is from my home town. (Also not technically a freshman either).

Comment

Joseph LaBate - Can't wait for him to be a bust and show Eaves why he should stop going after Lucia's rejects! Of course you can't blame Eaves because our 4th tier players are better than anything that comes out of Wisconsin not named Kessel.

Comment

Originally posted by RinkPig View Post
            Joseph LaBate - Can't wait for him to be a bust and show Eaves why he should stop going after Lucia's rejects! Of course you can't blame Eaves because our 4th tier players are better than anything that comes out of Wisconsin not named Kessel.
            you really set the bar buddy. really.

McDonagh, Stepan, McBain, Murray, yeah your rat team really did well w/out them.

and that Wisconsin Reject Condon? pssh.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Labate, Woods (the next Dowell?), Paape (I know 0 about this kid), Navin (is he the next John Byce?), Lapic (where does he fit? what's his skill level?) Rumpel.

The d-men I'm excited for but Eaves could take any 6 of us from the crowd and turn us into a solid core in a year or two so I'm more curious of the forwards.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

He is a smooth skating, heads-up defenceman...saw him play in Sioux City...he deserves a shot...

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                  Chase Drake. Not because I expect him to light the world on fire, but he is from my home town. (Also not technically a freshman either).
                  He is a smooth skating, heads-up defenceman. Saw him play in Sioux City. He deserves a shot.

Comment

LaBate will play, Rumpel will play, McCabe as well. It's going to be interesting to see out of the others who steps up and plays a bigger role then we expect. I'm not sure who my pick is just yet.

Comment

No kidding on the lameness. Other than initiating the "little 6" nickname of that other new league, I've stayed off the hockey side of this site.

Rumpel. I'm an ex-goalie dad and I've always been fascinated with goaltending.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Brewers BAY-BEEE!

Packers and Badgers.

Hockey will have to wait.

Here's a question. What if the Brewers have a playoff game during a Badger hockey game? I hate to say it, but I may stay home...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Brewers BAY-BEEE!

Packers and Badgers.

Here's a question. What if the Brewers have a playoff game during a Badger hockey game? I hate to say it, but I may stay home...
                          Whoa, Gurt, I mean, it's OK to kinda like badminton, baseball, jarts, and other summertime picnic sports, but to just blurt it out like that on a hockey board? I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your 10-year-old daughter did that.

I can tell you no NoDak would miss a Sioux game at the Ralph to watch the state's baseball team on TV, playoffs or no playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Whoa, Gurt, I mean, it's OK to kinda like badminton, baseball, jarts, and other summertime picnic sports, but to just blurt it out like that on a hockey board? I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume your 10-year-old daughter did that.

I can tell you no NoDak would miss a Sioux game at the Ralph to watch the state's baseball team on TV, playoffs or no playoffs.
                            Would probably help if you guys had a pro baseball team right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              Would probably help if you guys had a pro baseball team right?
                              Or anything at all, for that matter.

North Dakota: Home of the Sioux, occasional floods and not much else.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                                Brewers BAY-BEEE!

Packers and Badgers.

I'm lukewarm on the Brewers. Once the puck drops their claw antics and everything else will take a back seat to hockey for me. Even if the crew makes the world series

Comment

Working...
                                X