Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Hockey 2011 the Post-Season thread: AC, Harbor Yard, and ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Hockey 2011 the Post-Season thread: AC, Harbor Yard, and ....

Does anyone know how quickly ESPN3 REPLAY broadcasts become available? I'll be on a flight (with no wi-fi!?!?) smack dab in the middle of the game!!!

(ugh)

Comment

Originally posted by OldBulldog View Post
      Does anyone know how quickly ESPN3 REPLAY broadcasts become available? I'll be on a flight (with no wi-fi!?!?) smack dab in the middle of the game!!!

(ugh)
      I can't help you there, sorry.

I'm done talking about this stuff, great season by Yale, lets continue it!
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Let's go Blue!!

Comment

Originally posted by elihockeyfan View Post
          First, let me ditto all of the comments about the Cornell game and Rondeau. What a great time to play your best hockey.

And no disrespect to Cornell--they started the season with somewhat limited expectations and look what they accomplished.
          Most Cornell fans were extremely happy getting to the title game for a third straight year. That was not expected, and there is no shame in losing to such a good Yale squad.

We're plotting our revenge, and you can make it sweeter by coming into Lynah next year as defending NCAA champions!
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well we dodged a bullet today. I though Air force played a terrific game and there were several points in the 3rd period and the OT where I thought the game was lost. Having said that, the good news is that Yale had the grit to fight through their sub-par play and grind out a win. I thought the boys were tight tonight...so many ill advised and fanned passes. I hope this win causes the nerves to dissipate and the real Yale team to emerge tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
              Well we dodged a bullet today. I though Air force played a terrific game and there were several points in the 3rd period and the OT where I thought the game was lost. Having said that, the good news is that Yale had the grit to fight through their sub-par play and grind out a win. I thought the boys were tight tonight...so many ill advised and fanned passes. I hope this win causes the nerves to dissipate and the real Yale team to emerge tomorrow.
              I watched the whole game on TV and I thought Ylae played well and played their game the first two periods, but as the game wore on....it seemed Air Force seemed to carry the play and get Ylae playing their game instead of the other way around.
              I really thought Air Force had the game won on the really, really bad turnover late in the third that gave them a wide open shot on net. They interviewed the AF player after the third (forgot his name) and he said in retrospect he felt he should have shot right away instead of waiting and then getting off a weaker shot on his back hand. The difference between ECAC (for most teams, not Yale and Union) and Atlantic Hockey is that had that been a team from one of the other three leagues the puck would likely have been in the net. They tend to have more snipers than we do.

I was really worried the ECAC wouldn't have a team playing in the Regional final tomorrow and thank goodness you prevailed in OT. (I'm not writing RPI off but being realistic I don't think they have much of a chance against ND) I was hoping against hope it would be a Union v. Ylae final so the ECAC would have someone in the Frozen Four for sure. Now we are relying on you guys to get an ECAC team there. Good luck tomorrow night.
              SLU

Comment

Basically , Yale played and equally quick team with more size tonight. Great game by both teams especially the goalies!. I see UMD similar to Cornell, but I may be wrong. UMD's goalie is VERY good.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

I actually thought Yale did not play their game tonight. They tried but AF packed it and clogged the passing lanes well. Here is a quote from the AF coach about their game plan tonight...�We had a plan,� Air Force coach Frank Serratore said. �Our plan was to rope-a-dope our way through the first two periods and we felt they just can�t go like that � nobody could play like that for three periods without tiring. We figured they would lose their energy. All of a sudden, the worm turned and we were the ones with legs.� Well that was a helluva plan as it almost led to a victory for them.

As for UMD, I am not sure what to expect. I thought Union lost all their oomph after the first 3 PPs led to nothing thanks to the UMD goalie. I thought the game was as much Union checking out...they looked absolutely dreadful in the 3rd...as it was UMD playing well. And the UMD goalie has a hip injury that he downplayed but you never know how a muscle injury will feel the day after. I expect UMD to play a more aggressive style than AF and that should play to Yale's strengths. I also think that the first win is always the hardest to get and usually an overtime win like that will propel a team. So I am cautiously optimistic I would say.

Comment

Congrats to Yale on a hard fought victory over AFA. It was a hell of a game, and I thought the first Yale goal was a thing of beauty. I honestly thought AFA looked really good in the third and especially in OT, but that's how this game works, especially against a team with the weapons Yale has. I'm proud of the AFA for battling this team to OT. Heartbreaking loss but I'm proud.

Plus my CC Tigers made up for Air Force's loss.
                    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                    -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                      Basically , Yale played and equally quick team with more size tonight. Great game by both teams especially the goalies!. I see UMD similar to Cornell, but I may be wrong. UMD's goalie is VERY good.
                      UMD looks like a team with a sky's the limit 1st line and nobody else. Union didn't show up against them, UMD came out with the puck in every corner. I'm not sold on their goalie, kind of like how our goaltending was last season.

Unlike Cornell, I don't see a defensive trapping system with a focus on counterattacking--I think UMD is at their best when they are full steam ahead. I see a high scoring game between the two of us tonight.
                      Dog Lover: Terriers and Bulldogs
                      Boston University '06/'08
                      Yale University '13

Comment

Sorry we couldn't hold up our end of ECAC pride. Do the league well and make the Frozen Four.

Comment

That was a tough one to take. First, the shorthanded goal in the 1st by Duluth gave them the lead in a period Yale deserved to be ahead. Then, a goal Rondeau should have stopped made it 2-0. After we finally put one in and had the momentum, 5 seconds later O'neil got called for the major, which I watched in person and on TV and do not think was worthy of a misconduct or 5 minute major, as Melrose and the ESPNU guys agreed with. He is a clean player and the best player on the team by far in my book. That was the real turning point as they got 2 easy ones on the 5 minute powerplay (part of it a 5 on 3). Kudos to Keith for keeping the composure in the locker room and taking Rondeau out. Like last year vs BC, the boys kept playing hard all game despite the adversity. The seniors should go out with their heads high. They are by far the best class I have ever watched at Yale, with all due respect to last years seniors. Congrats to Duluth and good luck to them in St. Paul.
                          Yale Hockey

Comment

Congrats on a successful season! You came up a little short but it was a good run none the less.
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                            Northeast Regional:
                            West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Well, that was a crap call on O'Neill....and that cost them the game. But there were some other penalties that were just stupid and selfish like Peel taking one while on the PP with a stupid cross-check.

Sorry for the Ylae fans but I attribute the loss and the calls to Karma for the actions against SLU in the ECAC quarterfinals.

So far, that is three huge wrong calls in the NCAA's. Michigan's GW against UNO was blown by ECAC refs. There was a major penalty missed against Notre Dame against Merrimack and O'Neill's hit wasn't even a penalty. Officiating continues to be the achilles heel of college hockey.
                              9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
                              1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

This thread shows a lot of class......I'd be screaming about the O'Neil call

Comment

Working...
                                X