Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2011 Offseason

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
    So what ya think Yanks, any chance he lines up as our next head coach if Rand continues to produce less than stellar seasons? Or at least puts a little pressure on him to get it going? Any other thoughts on the hire Bobcat fans?
    Oh lord, not the annual It's-July-and-we're-bored-so-let's-talk-about-Rand discussion.

Yawn.

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
      Oh lord, not the annual It's-July-and-we're-bored-so-let's-talk-about-Rand discussion.

Yawn.
      Actually, if you like Rand, it may not be such a bad thing. There has been quite a coaching carousel going on, but none of the ones that are complained about on here (Walt Kyle, Scott Owens, Tim Whitehead, Dick Umile, heck someone even put up a thread for Seth Appert) have went for a different job.

Comment

Yawn.
        Totally ZYanks! Lets at least let him repeat the same inspiring start, awful midseason flop, semi-resurgence, 2nd round exit that he does every year before jumping on his back...

If nothing else, the board is balanced. Those who are close to the team and can't seem to see QU in the near future without Rand and those who are convinced he's run his course yesterday.

Comment

Yawn.
          Yanks, No one hates those discussions more than I do. But for the first time we have a legitimate candidate to replace Rand at some point. I never saw a replacement coming from the inside, i.e Syer or Riga. AND, I do not suggest a replacement any time soon. I agree with the anti Rand sentiment and the claims that we have plateaued with him at the helm and that 06 in Albany was the highest he'll ever climb as our head coach. But I also think it would be super premature to cut ties now. I'd give him a couple more years. But you'd be foolish to continue to keep him on after that.

With Renfrew, he brings excellent recruiting which is at the level of Syer if not better. He brings a defensive mindset, after working with goalies and d-men at three top conference schools (AA,N. Mich and Mich State). It just seems like DOWN THE ROAD the right guy to move up in the system.

I'm not calling for an all out Bobcat discussion. I don't mind if this is the last we talk about it. I'm just hinting that we may finally have a replacement if we needed one, which at this exact moment we do not. Don't "yawn" me simply because in the past people have brought up stale arguments with pipe dreams of top guys at big programs leaving similarly to Dean Blais taken over the helm at UNO and coming to the Q. We have a realistic replacement and one that shouldn't be stubbornly overlooked for whatever reason.

Comment

Yanks, No one hates those discussions more than I do. But for the first time we have a legitimate candidate to replace Rand at some point. I never saw a replacement coming from the inside, i.e Syer or Riga. AND, I do not suggest a replacement any time soon. I agree with the anti Rand sentiment and the claims that we have plateaued with him at the helm and that 06 in Albany was the highest he'll ever climb as our head coach. But I also think it would be super premature to cut ties now. I'd give him a couple more years. But you'd be foolish to continue to keep him on after that.

With Renfrew, he brings excellent recruiting which is at the level of Syer if not better. He brings a defensive mindset, after working with goalies and d-men at three top conference schools (AA,N. Mich and Mich State). It just seems like DOWN THE ROAD the right guy to move up in the system.

I'm not calling for an all out Bobcat discussion. I don't mind if this is the last we talk about it. I'm just hinting that we may finally have a replacement if we needed one, which at this exact moment we do not. Don't "yawn" me simply because in the past people have brought up stale arguments with pipe dreams of top guys at big programs leaving similarly to Dean Blais taken over the helm at UNO and coming to the Q. We have a realistic replacement and one that shouldn't be stubbornly overlooked for whatever reason.
            How about Renfrew coach a game at Quinnipiac before we anoint him coach-in-waiting?

Comment

How about Renfrew coach a game at Quinnipiac before we anoint him coach-in-waiting?
              I agree Yanks. You keep pigeonholing everything I'm saying. I was upset with the loss of Syer and I am excitedly looking forward to what Renfrew can bring. I'm not anointing anyone today but as a fan who hasn't missed a game in going on 8 years I am getting a little perturbed at the lack of elevation in the team's success. As I'm sure you are. It's Rand's team and it will be for the foreseeable future...I'm just happy we went out and brought in a quality assistant. End of discussion.

On another note...here is a video posted on PensTV as well as the ECAC site of Zurvy discussing his time at the developmental camp as well as his style of play and his time at the Q.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...burghCampVideo

Comment

Started this...will try to update as much as possible.

http://allnightwong.blogspot.com

Comment

Started this...will try to update as much as possible.
                  That's a nice job outta you!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

I agree Yanks. You keep pigeonholing everything I'm saying. I was upset with the loss of Syer and I am excitedly looking forward to what Renfrew can bring. I'm not anointing anyone today but as a fan who hasn't missed a game in going on 8 years I am getting a little perturbed at the lack of elevation in the team's success. As I'm sure you are. It's Rand's team and it will be for the foreseeable future...I'm just happy we went out and brought in a quality assistant. End of discussion.

On another note...here is a video posted on PensTV as well as the ECAC site of Zurvy discussing his time at the developmental camp as well as his style of play and his time at the Q.

http://www.ecachockey.com/men/member...burghCampVideo
                    I agree. I think it's high time this team gets to the point when they're battling for a first round bye every year, and are consistently in the hunt for the NCAA Tournament. But, just to play devil's advocate, they were an OT goal away from getting to AC last season. Getting to the league final 4 is a pretty logical goal at this stage for this club, I'd think.

Comment

New Development Camp post complete with vids and pics on my QU blog, From the NIP to the Bank.

http://allnightwong.blogspot.com

Comment

An assertion has been made on the Northeastern thread that NU is pursuing your top recruit for 2012 - Josh Manson. Have you folks heard anything from the Quinnipiac end?
                        The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                          An assertion has been made on the Northeastern thread that NU is pursuing your top recruit for 2012 - Josh Manson. Have you folks heard anything from the Quinnipiac end?
                          Haven't heard anything about that. As far as we know he's headed to the Q next year. He's a big body and will be hitting the Q at the right time as we're going to be losing a bunch a defensemen over the course of the next two years. He'd be coming in to a top four defensive position. Can't say that that wouldn't be attractive to a recruit. I see him at Quinnipiac in '12.

Comment

Heisenberg has Manson as coming to Northeastern this year now.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                              Heisenberg has Manson as coming to Northeastern this year now.
                              Well that sucks...
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Well that sucks...
                                about the only thing we haven't seen this offseason are teams swapping mascots
                                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Working...
                                X