Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2010-2011 [Part II]

Originally posted by Gotter View Post
    Never! Well, at least to advance to the final four --> "The Raiders (11-25-3) became the first-ever 12th seed in the ECAC Hockey playoffs to reach the final four with an upset series win over Union." (http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2010-1..._Colgate_Union)

4pm game will be broadcast on CBS College Sports. Hope the Boston Alumni Club organizes something -- may have to play hooky from work.
    I just wanted to pop in here and wish the Raiders the best of luck against Yale on Friday. You'll have Sioux Nation, and I'm sure a bunch of BC fans behind you!
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I just wanted to pop in here and wish the Raiders the best of luck against Yale on Friday. You'll have Sioux Nation, and I'm sure a bunch of BC fans behind you!
      Thanks. I'm sure the boys will do their best. If we do pull off yet another string of upsets, I hope we get to play you guys in the dance. We already saw BC this year and I think Colgate and North Dakota haven't played in like 30 years. Came close last year though.
      Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Way to go, Gate! Turns out parity and power play efficiency are key factors in DI, despite earlier howls to the contrary.

Comment

Pretty sure the last time we played North Dakota was at the old SIT's in Syracuse and we won(80's)
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

WOW! Congrats to the Raiders for never giving up.
            . . . still crazy after all these years. . .

Comment

Re: Colgate 2010-2011 [Part II] Perspective

Just wanted to say PINCH ME. That was just about the best series of hockey as a fan that I can remember, well, since last week in Troy.

8-4-1 since this team turned it around. But how good have they been?

Their 4 losses are one, to #7 Union at Messa, after a big OT win at #8 RPI in the regular season. Then a clunker at Brown after a high energy 1-1 tie on the road at #2 Yale. The other 2 losses, Game 1 at #10 RPI and Game 1 at #4 Union.

Never thought a team that had been kicked so long could ever resurrect itself. I don't think you can over state that.

I also like the edge that the team is playing with while still staying out of the box. Union tried to play the tough guy all series, they had the crowd behind them and Gate stayed right in their face but kept their cool. Our boys took some big hits, Day specifically got crushed, but he bounced right back up and didn't retaliate until he had a clean shot at someone.

I also can't help but thinking that with 15 minutes left in game 2 and a 2-0 lead, the Union bench was thinking about the Atlantic City trip and not the game they were in.

One other note, I just watched the videos from the weekends games on ecac hockey and the thing that jumped out me is from Saturday night. Watch how calm Colgate's bench is when they scored the 2nd goal to tie it up 2-2. Watch the guys on the ice go by the bench and tap gloves. They looked like a team that was confident and new what was happening, not overly exuberant at all. Looked lie they new then how that game was going to end. So unlike the demeanor mid season. What an amazing transformation.

You should all be applauded..Coaches, Staff, Captains, Players.
              The season opens in NEBRASKA!

Comment

We played one of our best games this season vs. Yale at Starr. Tough games seem to bring out the best in us. Rest up guys, take a mental break, and reload Friday. There's no reason to think we can't do this while hitting our peak play of the year!
                COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Rainman,

TV info below off of ECAC Website.

March

18 ECAC Hockey Championship Semifinals (CBS College Sports Network) - 4:30/7:30 p.m.

19 ECAC Hockey Championship (CBS College Sports Network) – 7:30 p.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    NoDak's got Colgate doing their dirty work

Nice little run Colgate, sorry I can't say keep it up.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Gaterrooter...GREAT post #36...Man did "you hit the nail on the head". In warmups I stood at the glass by our team. They were so loose, actually saw some joking going on, but very briefly. I sat behind the Gate bench for games one and three, four rows." Never" saw anything but "calmness" from Don or any of the players. They just came over to the bench, listened to a "so calm" coach and rested. This was alot in game #1 because of all the tv timeouts. (not as often in game three...no tv).

Still in shock, I don't think I've seen (might have said before) such intense, DISCIPLINED hockey by Gate since 2000, the Michigan game in the NCAA's. There were three battles and we "Won the War".

Union did try to "muscle us" and I saw several times where they were mouthing off but we skated away. We skated away and played hockey.

I also noticed the Union guys looked like men and alot of our forwards looked so young and small. Didn't realise until looking at their roster, they have like "Seven guys that are twenty four years old and I think one twenty five !!! Like the WCHA, men against boys. We also have a player playing with a "broken hand for the last month". Can't say for obvious reasons.

Comment

Shabby...yes, a broken hand and he's been a warrior...Larkin's now a +10 this year which is pretty amazing...I think Jeremy Price is realizing how good he is at rushing the puck and beating the forecheck on his own...got to come out aggressively on Friday and neutralize Yale's speed; they may not be as physical as Union, but they're equally skilled and faster...

Comment

I agree...Where did Price find the "wheels" ? He's been outstanding !!

Comment

Wow, didn't know one of our players has been playing the past month with a broken hand...3 years ago (2008, last time we made the semis) we lost a player for the season (Nick St. Pierre) to a broken hand but this nameless individual is "playing through the pain" and not quitting. Just wow.

Can't make it this Friday (and that's unfortunate since a few alumni of the pep band that I know so well are going to be there) but hoping to watch it live. What bugs me right now is the inability to win a Friday playoff game. We haven't done so since 2007. But we've played well against the Bulldogs this season that I'm sure we can put together our best game of the season to date. Just win, baby.
                            Colgate '09

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
                              Wow, didn't know one of our players has been playing the past month with a broken hand...3 years ago (2008, last time we made the semis) we lost a player for the season (Nick St. Pierre) to a broken hand but this nameless individual is "playing through the pain" and not quitting. Just wow.

Can't make it this Friday (and that's unfortunate since a few alumni of the pep band that I know so well are going to be there) but hoping to watch it live. What bugs me right now is the inability to win a Friday playoff game. We haven't done so since 2007. But we've played well against the Bulldogs this season that I'm sure we can put together our best game of the season to date. Just win, baby.
                              These guys don't quit. Friday is an elimination game. 4-0 in elimination games this season.
                              Hockeyenthusiast

Colgate Class of '03

-I saw Andy McDonald play at Starr Rink.

Comment

Latest commitment is from the BCHL.

http://theworldofjuniorhockey.blogsp...h-colgate.html

Comment

Working...
                                X