Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
    Congrats on that "outstanding" record. No wonder why NU hasn't won anything since the 80's, they have such low standards. Not even a UNH fan would brag about a 6-7 record against BC.
    If bc is 6-7 against NU that means NU is 7-6 against bc.

I thought bc kids were supposed to be the smrt ones

Comment

Northeastern has already sold out its student tickets as of over an hour ago.
      Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
      Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
        Congrats on that "outstanding" record. No wonder why NU hasn't won anything since the 80's, they have such low standards. Not even a UNH fan would brag about a 6-7 record against BC.
        I'm not dumb enough to expect a better record. Bet you umass wants better than 2-12 against BC. I'll take 7-6
        ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
        ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
        .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://twitter.com/RealJayKenney

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
          Northeastern has already sold out its student tickets as of over an hour ago.
          fwiw, hockey east designates a very, very small number of student tickets per school, less than one balcony section. tell your fans to just go to the garden box office and get a random student balcony seat for the same 10 bucks.
          Last edited by slurpees; 03-14-2011, 08:02 PM.
          time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by nufan2001 View Post
            I'm not dumb enough to expect a better record. Bet you umass wants better than 2-12 against BC. I'll take 7-6
            I mean one of those years your team WAS actually better than ours in all the rankings and in the Hockey East standings (2008-2009). Record year on many counts for NU. You guys went 3-1 vs. us including that throttling we took in the Beanpot. Of course, your one loss to us was on the last day of the regular season and prevented you from winning the RS title...
            Past two seasons though (aka the post-Thiessen era) NU has gone 2-4-1 against BC, with both wins coming by 1 goal at Matthews. 2 of the losses were at Conte last year by a combined score of 12-2. The two losses this year were a 2-0 shutout at Matthews and that 7-6 thriller in the Beanpot. I think saying "having our number" might be a bit of a stretch...
            Boston College '12
            1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
              fwiw, hockey east designates a very, very small number of student tickets per school, less than one balcony section. tell your fans to just go to the garden box office and get a random student balcony seat for the same 10 bucks.
              I figured, apparently NU added 175 more seats but they sold out tonight also.
              Northeastern Huskies

Comment

BC against Hockey East's non-"Big Four" schools in the tournament:
                1985 lost to PC
                1985 def UML
                1986 def UML
                1987 def NU
                1985 def PC
                1991 lost to NU
                1997 def UML
                1997 def MC
                2001 def PC
                2001 def UML
                2008 def UVM
                2010 def UVM

10-2 (.833)

C+C Music Factory isn't on the radio and NU doesn't have Chris Terrerri.
                Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                  I mean one of those years your team WAS actually better than ours in all the rankings and in the Hockey East standings (2008-2009). Record year on many counts for NU. You guys went 3-1 vs. us including that throttling we took in the Beanpot. Of course, your one loss to us was on the last day of the regular season and prevented you from winning the RS title...
                  Past two seasons though (aka the post-Thiessen era) NU has gone 2-4-1 against BC, with both wins coming by 1 goal at Matthews. 2 of the losses were at Conte last year by a combined score of 12-2. The two losses this year were a 2-0 shutout at Matthews and that 7-6 thriller in the Beanpot. I think saying "having our number" might be a bit of a stretch...
                  Have you seen Muse's record against NU? 5-7-1 with an .896 sv%. That includes 2 years that CHCC won the national title and NUs best year in program history. For this senior class, that's the closest you will get to having their number.
                  Originally posted by Bakunin
                  Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

1982 and 1988 >> 2009

Hockey East Title, Beanpot, Frozen Four >> chokes
                    Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                      Have you seen Muse's record against NU? 5-7-1 with an .896 sv%. That includes 2 years that CHCC won the national title and NUs best year in program history. For this senior class, that's the closest you will get to having their number.
                      We can play this game all week...have you seen muse's postseason numbers? Guess we'll find out Friday which is the better indicator

Comment

Originally posted by nufan2001 View Post
                        Well there is a difference between "outstanding" and "good considering the circumstances." NU has had a decent record against this BC senior class, better than the average NU team. But that have hardly been "outstanding" or had BC's "number."
                        BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                        National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                        Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                          i wonder if i should rethink my premise and get tickets now. i am just tired of paying the fees and then pick where i want to sit like the last 3 HE tournaments.......hearing that Mack and now NU selling out their allotment makes me wonder but if as you say the schools get a small number then i shouldn't have to worry................yet

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            i wonder if i should rethink my premise and get tickets now. i am just tired of paying the fees and then pick where i want to sit like the last 3 HE tournaments.......hearing that Mack and now NU selling out their allotment makes me wonder but if as you say the schools get a small number then i shouldn't have to worry................yet
                            Call the TD Garden Box Office directly, they're very forthcoming with how sections are selling, what school is sitting where . . . and for what it's worth, looking at the website a lot of the upper sections are filled (well, tickets aren't available, whatever that means). Call the Box Office, tell them you're from a school, (BC, sterlippo, yes?) and they should be very helpful.
                            I haven't been on here in a year...
                            Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                              Call the TD Garden Box Office directly, they're very forthcoming with how sections are selling, what school is sitting where . . . and for what it's worth, looking at the website a lot of the upper sections are filled (well, tickets aren't available, whatever that means). Call the Box Office, tell them you're from a school, (BC, sterlippo, yes?) and they should be very helpful.
                              yes, BC thanks, why didn't i think of that

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                                yes, BC thanks, why didn't i think of that
                                I should also mention; I bought 5 tickets for Friday's game (can't go Saturday, have a gig), at $32.50 a ticket; all the box office charged me was one $5 fee, and that was to rush mail them so I have them tomorrow. Soooo much better than ticketbastard.
                                I haven't been on here in a year...
                                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X