Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    C'mon BC.. you know its good luck.. good Karma really, that the Eagles have their last loss to Northeastern, before tearing it up going on their NCAA run..
    Which is why I said it was a good thing that BC lost to NU on Feb. 19th. York used that as a learning tool and they haven't lost since.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
      York said doctors are optimistic that he could be back for the regionals & news never, ever comes out of the Vatican.
      I like the Vatican better than Kremlin

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
      This. In fact I'm pretty sure the sentiment has been "oh ****, we have to play Northeastern..."
      absolutely has been the sentiment

Originally posted by smalogna View Post
      ......is it even worth correcting anymore??? The Dog Pound are golfing this morning, we eliminated them last night. The DogHouse will be in full force on Friday at 5.
      did you ever consider that he's purposely breaking your stones? and doing a good job at it i might add

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      I will not be at the Garden, but someone please keep track of the number of BU jerseys in the crowd. Who will they cheer for??? If NU wins the tourney, that could very well end their season officially. However, if NU beats BC doesn't that help BU because NU will become a TUC? What a dilemma!
      not many i don't think. I was there the past 2 years and don't remember seeing any but then again, there's that memory thing again

Comment

As has been mentioned, nobody thinks this will be easy for BC. While I was extremely happy to see BU get TKO'd last night, the down side is having to face a hungry, streaking Northeastern team. They looked really good last night - stout defensively, lots of blocked shots, fairly smart play. This will be a tough fight - and I'm glad, because BC needs some tough games to get ready for NCAAs. 4 of BC's last 6 games were against UMass and they were successfully able to coast to four wins. There will be no coasting on Friday.

Fun fact (or not so fun for us wearing maroon and gold): NU is the only Hockey East team this year's senior class has a losing record against.

UMass 13-2-1
        PC 10-2-2
        Maine 8-2-3 (wow)
        Merrimack 7-3-1
        BU 9-5-2
        UVM 7-4-2
        UML 6-5-1
        UNH 7-6-2
        NU 6-7-1

I have only one prediction for this week: This thread will not be as entertaining as the BC-BU semifinal threads of yore. Maybe we could start a discussion about whether or not BU vs. Northeastern is a rivarly? That seems to be an under-discussed topic on here.
        Last edited by joegrav; 03-14-2011, 12:15 PM.
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

C'mon BC.. you know its good luck.. good Karma really, that the Eagles have their last loss to Northeastern, before tearing it up going on their NCAA run..
          i have seen scant evidence of "tearing it up" in the past 3 games

BC is playing some of their best hockey at the right time..
          they really aren't, at least not yet

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
          No qualms with York.
          good, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            they really aren't, at least not yet
            Agreed, played well against UNH (honestly if we play the way we did on that Friday night there's no team that can play with us), but not sure what to make of beating the zoo 4 times in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              I will not be at the Garden, but someone please keep track of the number of BU jerseys in the crowd. Who will they cheer for??? If NU wins the tourney, that could very well end their season officially. However, if NU beats BC doesn't that help BU because NU will become a TUC? What a dilemma!
              No, NU winning a game does not help BU, because the .500 TUC doesn't change much for us, and I believe an NU win over BC and subsequent loss would not keep them as a TUC, could be wrong about that though, haven't run every scenario.
              time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                UMass 13-2-1
                PC 10-2-2
                Maine 8-2-3 (wow)
                Merrimack 7-3-1
                BU 9-5-2
                UVM 7-4-2
                UML 6-5-1
                UNH 7-6-2
                NU 6-7-1
                1. No, not "wow"... LSSU East stinks... where have you been the last 4 yrs?
                2. As you can see from above... from now on, the folks in Orono will now be referred to as LSSU East.

Pretty sad to see the records we see vs. NU and UML, IMO. But the winning record over UNH and the +4 total vs. BU more than makes up for it, especially considering that 3 of those 4 were in their beloved Piszpot tournament.
                Last edited by Nick Papagiorgio; 03-14-2011, 01:10 PM.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                  No, NU winning a game does not help BU, because the .500 TUC doesn't change much for us, and I believe an NU win over BC and subsequent loss would not keep them as a TUC, could be wrong about that though, haven't run every scenario.
                  I so far haven't seen a scenario where bu would make the tourney as an at large. NU winning or losing. Have you? Just curious.
                  Originally posted by Bakunin
                  Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                    I so far haven't seen a scenario where bu would make the tourney as an at large. NU winning or losing. Have you? Just curious.
                    There are a bunch that involve CC losing vs. UAA and Dartmouth losing both its semifinal game and the third place game, with all of the other favorites still winning. BU would be 15 in most of these cases (the last team in since the AHA winner will take the 16 spot), however, so NU winning it all could steal another at-large spot, which could in fact be BU's. People have found scenarios in which Maine could make it as well, and there was one in which both Maine and BU could make it (it's in the comments section of the most recent HE Blog post).
                    Boston College '12
                    1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Agreed, played well against UNH (honestly if we play the way we did on that Friday night there's no team that can play with us), but not sure what to make of beating the zoo 4 times in a row.
                      over the past 5 years i would have to say that is in the top 5 best performances, and it was performance . still , my all time favorite is the 2008 national semifinal vs North Dakota, 6-0 until a goal in the last minute for sioux. it was a game that when it was over i wondered if in fact there was a pass that BC didnt connect with, they were that perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                        from now on, the folks in Orono will now be referred to as LSSU East.
                        We've called it Sault Ste. Orono for a while now
                        At least UNH still has a winning record vs. BC in the regular season
                        Good luck to you guys this weekend (not that you'll need it!) see you in ManchHatten

Comment

Anyone have an idea where the BC sections are? I need to buy through the Garden because BC's ticket office is being BC's ticket office.

Comment

Anyone have an idea where the BC sections are? I need to buy through the Garden because BC's ticket office is being BC's ticket office.
                            not sure but we seem to always be in 322 ,321 for Beanpot so maybe its that end/corner.........

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                              not sure but we seem to always be in 322 ,321 for Beanpot so maybe its that end/corner.........
                              That's where we usually are but I remember being in better seats for HE, close to the faceoff dots & I think where we are changes year to year (based off seed?)

Comment

That's where we usually are but I remember being in better seats for HE, close to the faceoff dots & I think where we are changes year to year (based off seed?)
                                HET tournament seats, at least in the balcony, have not been in the corners for as far back as I can remember, 2005. They've always been at a blue line.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X