Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
    so what's it going to be tomorrow.. a 7-6 type or 2-1 type affair? thoughts..
    I'm thinking somewhere in the middle, 4-3...
    Originally posted by Bakunin
    Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

..sure hope NU playing on the road (last couple gms).. v/s the Eagles playing at home.. is a positive factor for us at the Garden tomorrow. Hopefully not that many butterflies
      GO NU HOCKEY
      Always bullish on the future.
      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

I expect a tight, 3-2ish game, but I thought that for the Beanpot too, so...
        BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
        -
        Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

NU will be the only team at the Garden tomorrow.. having played out of their home /(ie: 'comfort zone') for the last several games.

In a 1 off type situation.. that can be an advantage (hopefully more 'good' than bad). However, playing a stacked team like BC can neutralize any of that.

In the other matchup.. i like Merrimack very much but just because of the road factor (just my .02), i think they may not be able to overcome UNH.

Anyway, sure hope Northeastern has gained some positive experience (and momentum), from their skating over at Agganis several times over (it seems).. now.
          And i sure hope the refs do not decide the game!
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

NU will be the only team at the Garden tomorrow.. having played out of their home /(ie: 'comfort zone') for the last several games.

In a 1 off type situation.. that can be an advantage (hopefully more 'good' than bad). However, playing a stacked team like BC can neutralize any of that.

In the other matchup.. i like Merrimack very much but just because of the road factor (just my .02), i think they may not be able to overcome UNH.

Anyway, sure hope Northeastern has gained some positive experience (and momentum), from their skating over at Agganis several times over (it seems).. now.
            yeah, but it wasn't like they had to travel and the fact that they played in the Garden already this year (and every year) and played very well means the venue should not be an issue at all with this team. If they end up winning the HE Tourney it will help them in the NCAA's though i believe but not in this tourney............that make sense?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
              ...that make sense?
              ..perfectly
              GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

so what's it going to be tomorrow.. a 7-6 type or 2-1 type affair? thoughts..
                4-1 Eagles.
                Originally posted by mookie1995
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

The score depends on which Rawlings shows up but if he lets in two goals off the start, Witt is in immediately. I'm hoping NU's desperation lifts them.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                    The score depends on which Rawlings shows up but if he lets in two goals off the start, Witt is in immediately. I'm hoping NU's desperation lifts them.
                    i've noticed some of you guys dump all over Rawlings, why?................I think he's pretty darn good

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      i've noticed some of you guys dump all over Rawlings, why?................I think he's pretty darn good
                      I think that is due to a lack of big game performances. Also, when he is off, he can be WAY off. But when he's on, he's awesome. Very up and down with his consistency.
                      Originally posted by Bakunin
                      Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
                        I think that is due to a lack of big game performances. Also, when he is off, he can be WAY off. But when he's on, he's awesome. Very up and down with his consistency.
                        good GAA and excellent save % though but, yes, i have seen him be very good against us, then very bad like in a conte game last year

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                          When's he's good he's good. When he's bad.....
                          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                            At the same time, NU was never as bad as they seemed during that AHA stretch. I remember watching the season opener at Matthews - a 1-0 BC win - and thinking that as long as they got decent goaltending, they'd be a threat in the league. i was really stunned to see them fall so far in the first half, but not at all surprised to see the resurgence.

BC is almost never in its comfort zone against NU, except for a few rare occasions at Conte.
                            They played down to their competition, came out hard for the BC game and then folded up on Halloween weekend and vs. Niagara. Once they got back from the Maine road trip things seemed to click a little better. We finished the weekend at Orono 1-7-2, and then to this date went 13-8-6 against much tougher competition overall.

As far as Rawlings (too lazy to quote a later post), I like him, but as much as his size can be used to his advantage, teams also take advantage of it by getting him to move laterally, taking the puck behind the net and forcing him to lose sight of it in the crease. The inconsistency is terrifying; after people worried about the amount of goals he was giving up, he has a good game in the quarters and everyone's behind him, and then he let down in game 2.

He's still got the big game experience so we need him tomorrow night.
                            -Adam

Northeastern Class Of 2010

Comment

They won't... as long as your boys don't trip/hold/hook us as we go flying by.

BC 5-2
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

2 Club Seats together for tomorrow's semifinals. I have four, but only using 2. Email me through here if interested. Face Value. (Yes I know there is a ticket forum, but I've been here for years and look at D1 Board a lot more than Ticket board)

Comment

Working...
                                X