PDA

View Full Version : #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Zudnic
03-17-2011, 10:58 AM
I think it's funny that a thread about a hockey game between BC and Northeastern has become a referendum on BU basketball.

DieHardDog
03-17-2011, 11:36 AM
Cronin was just seen taking Irish car bombs infused with tiger blood. Something tells me he's ready for tomorrow.

Tater
03-17-2011, 12:16 PM
Well its a fact that you lost to an 11-win, terrible Northeastern team this year. If there was a "Basketball Beanpot", BU would likely finish last.

BU lost to NU by 2 points in the first game of the season, big whoop. BU has beaten NU 2 of the last 3 years by my recollection. BU's RPI (132) is 44 places higher than NU (176). So if there was a basketball Beanpot this year I think BU would have been a slight favorite over NU.

Sure, BU would have gotten massacred by BC and Harvard, but BU would have been very competitive with NU.

(sorry to butt in on the thread)

SkinsFan09
03-17-2011, 12:20 PM
NU's lineup this year was a bunch of guys who outside of Chaisson Allen have never started in the NCAA and one one of was out for the year in November. This is besides the point, enough BU basketball talk.

Eaglefan06
03-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Can we stop talking about basketball? No one here cares. Especially about BU basketball.

Chickens@NU
03-17-2011, 12:45 PM
BU lost to NU by 2 points in the first game of the season, big whoop. BU has beaten NU 2 of the last 3 years by my recollection. BU's RPI (132) is 44 places higher than NU (176). So if there was a basketball Beanpot this year I think BU would have been a slight favorite over NU.

Sure, BU would have gotten massacred by BC and Harvard, but BU would have been very competitive with NU.

(sorry to butt in on the thread)

Get out of this thread unless you want to talk pucks and sticks. We (the majority anyway) want to talk hockey, not orange bouncey balls. Thank you and leave unless you want to talk hockey.

NU's lineup this year was a bunch of guys who outside of Chaisson Allen have never started in the NCAA and one one of was out for the year in November. This is besides the point, enough BU basketball talk.

Stop responding to them. Please, for the love of all things hockey, STOP WITH THE BOUNCEY BALL TALK!

Can we stop talking about basketball? No one here cares. Especially about BU basketball.

Thanks for someone trying to smarten up this thread. OK, maybe not smarten up, but at least trying to get it back on topic. If I hadn't given out so much rep trying to get people to stop responding to the trolls, I would pos rep you for this post. Thanks for some sanity. :D

sterlippo1
03-17-2011, 01:07 PM
Anyone else think this guy is an impostor?

i meant to reply with this quote earlier, yes, i had thought of that while reading his "stuff"

joegrav
03-17-2011, 01:10 PM
I'd say the keys to the game for BC include getting good games out of Kevin Hayes and Barry Almeida. KHayes has really elevated his game since slotting into Kreider's spot on the Kreider-Mullane-Hayes line. That line has been crucial to BC's success against some of the more physical, strong, defensively-minded Hockey East opponents that seem better able to handle Atkinson-Gibbons-Whitney than a team like UNH, or western teams.

sterlippo1
03-17-2011, 01:11 PM
Cronin was just seen taking Irish car bombs infused with tiger blood. Something tells me he's ready for tomorrow.

when is he going to explode anyway? :eek: i just want to make sure i am around because it sure will be something.;) wouldn't want to mess with him in a dark alley, i can tell you that!:o

northeastern
03-17-2011, 01:13 PM
so what's it going to be tomorrow.. a 7-6 type or 2-1 type affair? thoughts..

Chickens@NU
03-17-2011, 01:16 PM

I'm thinking somewhere in the middle, 4-3...

northeastern
03-17-2011, 01:23 PM
..sure hope NU playing on the road (last couple gms).. v/s the Eagles playing at home.. is a positive factor for us at the Garden tomorrow. Hopefully not that many butterflies :)

joegrav
03-17-2011, 01:40 PM
I expect a tight, 3-2ish game, but I thought that for the Beanpot too, so...

northeastern
03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
NU will be the only team at the Garden tomorrow.. having played out of their home /(ie: 'comfort zone') for the last several games.

In a 1 off type situation.. that can be an advantage (hopefully more 'good' than bad). However, playing a stacked team like BC can neutralize any of that.

In the other matchup.. i like Merrimack very much but just because of the road factor (just my .02), i think they may not be able to overcome UNH.

Anyway, sure hope Northeastern has gained some positive experience (and momentum), from their skating over at Agganis several times over (it seems).. now.
And i sure hope the refs do not decide the game! :)

sterlippo1
03-17-2011, 02:04 PM
NU will be the only team at the Garden tomorrow.. having played out of their home /(ie: 'comfort zone') for the last several games.

In a 1 off type situation.. that can be an advantage (hopefully more 'good' than bad). However, playing a stacked team like BC can neutralize any of that.

In the other matchup.. i like Merrimack very much but just because of the road factor (just my .02), i think they may not be able to overcome UNH.

Anyway, sure hope Northeastern has gained some positive experience (and momentum), from their skating over at Agganis several times over (it seems).. now.
And i sure hope the refs do not decide the game! :)

yeah, but it wasn't like they had to travel and the fact that they played in the Garden already this year (and every year) and played very well means the venue should not be an issue at all with this team. If they end up winning the HE Tourney it will help them in the NCAA's though i believe but not in this tourney............that make sense?:confused::confused::eek:

northeastern
03-17-2011, 02:13 PM
...that make sense?:confused::confused::eek:

..perfectly :)

theprofromdover
03-17-2011, 02:18 PM

4-1 Eagles.

SkinsFan09
03-17-2011, 02:24 PM
The score depends on which Rawlings shows up but if he lets in two goals off the start, Witt is in immediately. I'm hoping NU's desperation lifts them.

sterlippo1
03-17-2011, 02:33 PM
The score depends on which Rawlings shows up but if he lets in two goals off the start, Witt is in immediately. I'm hoping NU's desperation lifts them.

i've noticed some of you guys dump all over Rawlings, why?................I think he's pretty darn good

Chickens@NU
03-17-2011, 02:49 PM
i've noticed some of you guys dump all over Rawlings, why?................I think he's pretty darn good

I think that is due to a lack of big game performances. Also, when he is off, he can be WAY off. But when he's on, he's awesome. Very up and down with his consistency.