Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #1 Boston College vs. #6 Northeastern - HEA Semifinals - 3/18

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
    that's because while you may hate us i would say most of us like you and want you to succeed, just not friday night
    I don't really "hate" BC as much as I like beating them because they are crosstown and are a big measuring stick for how good our team is.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

I will be attending the fan contests at the TD Garden this weekend. My first appearance at a BC game this season. Hopefully the entire hockey team shows up to support the fans, as I know it will be a tough match for all of us. I'll have my scorecard out to mark down big chants, cutting putdowns, and well timed screams. I'm generally considered more of a finesse fan, but am willing to get physical with any opposing fan that comes into my personal space. I am even considering the purchase of an ironic t-shirt to bring my fandom to the next level.
      BC Hockey 2008: NATIONAL CHAMPIONS... 2010 too now? OK then. 2012 or something? I can't keep up with this.

Anonymous Random Neg Rep Posted at 10:19 PM, 4/12/08, Moments After BC Won the National Title
      After Mom and Dad's checks stop coming, where will you be, loser?

Comment

Originally posted by NUkid View Post
        And to everyone watching the game on TV..
        BC had a larger student section by a section and a half...and was very loud...but, we kept our shirts on, we are weak...I think the student section was pretty loud with that OT goal, or did the deafening quiet at the NU student section not allow you to hear?
        BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES: 2010 2008 2001 1949

Comment

Case_04 I can't rep on USCHO mobile but that was a great post.

As far as this fan stuff goes...BC students have been great this year, it's come a long way from even just a few years ago. I am proud of them. And NU has set the standard in Hockey East since the construction of Agganis& demise of Section Eight.

Can't someone else come up with a different fighting words topic? This" our fans are better than yours" business is too BU fanboyish for my taste.

Let me give it a shot-

1. Oleksiak is a goon, discuss

2. NU fans will likely refer to BC not being from Boston, despite half of their team coming from Canada, and most of BC's coming from New England. Discuss

3. While Wade McLeod is more productive than Isaac MacLeod, Benn Ferriero > Cody. Discuss

4. With BU not in the four team field, can we get a PA announcer who can pronounce names correctly and say the right school name? Discuss, and cite examples.
          Last edited by joegrav; 03-16-2011, 10:39 AM.
          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
          -
          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Agreed...the Doghouse is great, but the BC student section is slowly becoming their equals, and thats all because of you Joe (and Salzano and others)...Last year BC/Maine students sections were next to each other...Wonder how the set up will be this year...And it will be intresting to have Merrimack at the Garden, they seem like a noisy bunch....welcome to the big leagues!

Comment

1) Will you guys wear your 2011 Beanpot tshirts?
              1A) Will you wear shirts?

2) Why will your top 3 scorers be 24 after 4 years at NU & 25 when (if) they graduate? Are they members of the Chris Bourque or Matt Gilroy all-stars team or something?

Comment

Well done, Claver. And on it goes. A couple more questions from me:

5. Will we get the exact same highlight video as we do every year, with the exact same song?

6. I hear all the time about how clever NU fans are, but if they were really that clever, wouldn't they have made "no T OT" a female student tradition, while the dudes kept their shirts on?

7. Since we probably won't be lucky enough to get a new PA announcer, odds that the first goal is called a "Boston University Goal..." ?
                -

Comment

8. Is Greg Cronin still allowed to text?
                  9. Will Cronin try to hit one of our players?
                  10. Will you shake our hands?

Comment

I'm pretty sure they have Cronin on one of those pre-paid plans now, just to make sure there's no more "oops" moments.

On a related note, I am seeing now why I banished myself from USCHO during the regular season. This is way too distracting. My productivity is down to 0.
                    -

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                      I'm pretty sure they have Cronin on one of those pre-paid plans now, just to make sure there's no more "oops" moments.

On a related note, I am seeing now why I banished myself from USCHO during the regular season. This is way too distracting. My productivity is down to 0.
                      Thinking of such clever topics for no one to talk about really kills productivity
                      NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY Go Huskies!

Comment

11) Does Jerry York know how to text?
                        11a) Does Jerry York own a cellphone?
                        11b) Is Jerry York aware that the cellphone exists?

12) Will Superfans blend in with the seats?

13) Will half the Superfans know what hockey is prior to the game? "Is it like football/basketball on ice?"
                        Northeastern Huskies Class of 2012

Comment

14) Were any of the members of the DogHouse alive when Northeastern last won anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by jamie9248922 View Post
                            14) Were any of the members of the DogHouse alive when Northeastern last won anything?
                            Hey now, they happened to be 2009 Beanpot semi-final champions. All of my Northeastern friends would not let me forget that, even after a conference and national title. Though they seem to talk about it less now after February. :-)
                            -

Comment

I believe they have also won (consistently I might add) the "last BC loss in late January and/or February before BC wakes up and destroys everyone" Trophy...

Comment

15) Were any Superfans awake the last time BC won something?
                                2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
                                2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Working...
                                X