PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24]

Bomber
04-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Ben Smith played some quality minutes late in the Blackhawks/Blues game last night. It was very strange rooting for the BC guy and against the BU guy (Shattenkirk.) :)

tomwarns
04-07-2011, 11:10 PM
North Dakota loses! as Cartman would say yessss! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHdh6LiBKZM)

sterlippo1
04-08-2011, 06:08 AM
North Dakota loses! as Cartman would say yessss! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHdh6LiBKZM)

i must say last night 's results at least put a half smile on my face, now just one more, GO UMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PC91
04-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Dear BC Friends,
Could we please have Coach Cavanaugh for the next five years to turn around our once proud, but recently a joke, men's hockey program? It would be greatly appreciated. In return for your kindness I pledge to take Murray off your hands.
I feel that it is a fair trade. We get a fine coach and you lose one grumpy old bastid!!! Thank you for your careful consideration of my request. All the best.

PS I'm only speaking for myself in making this request and my opinions do NOT necessarily represent those of my fellow Friars fans. MOST DON"T WANT MURRAY under any circumstances!!!! ;)

jdevoejr
04-08-2011, 09:54 AM
i must say last night 's results at least put a half smile on my face, now just one more, GO UMD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gotta agree with the half smile. It doesn't **** me off that ND lost. Cripes, their supporters are so arrogant. Not sure who to root for Saturday night. Probably UMD. Last time I saw Michigan live was my first frozen four final at the fleet center. It didn't end well.

J.D.
04-08-2011, 10:53 AM
Keep the title away from the WCHA for the 5th straight year and do so by having Michigan go 4-0 against the big, bad WCHA. Go Blue.

BTW, UND losing last night is just another example of how hard it is to win this thing--even if you have the better team. Every passing year I realize that the most important thing of all is just making the tournament. From there, funny things can happen.

bothman
04-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Keep the title away from the WCHA for the 5th straight year and do so by having Michigan go 4-0 against the big, bad WCHA. Go Blue.

BTW, UND losing last night is just another example of how hard it is to win this thing--even if you have the better team. Every passing year I realize that the most important thing of all is just making the tournament. From there, funny things can happen.

When you don't play the game the right way and instead, play with recklessness....these things always even out in the long run. North Dakota not winning this year can be categorized in the same section as Detroit (Bertuzzi) not winning the Stanley Cup. Too many off and on the ice issues at the UND program.

theprofromdover
04-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Congratulatons to Brooks Dyroff on winning the 2011 Hockey Humanitarian award!!! A tremendous achievement for a great young man!

J.D.
04-08-2011, 07:37 PM
When you don't play the game the right way and instead, play with recklessness....these things always even out in the long run. North Dakota not winning this year can be categorized in the same section as Detroit (Bertuzzi) not winning the Stanley Cup. Too many off and on the ice issues at the UND program.

Eh I don't know if I believe in that...but I see your point.

Federal League
04-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Ben Smith played some quality minutes late in the Blackhawks/Blues game last night.

And then scored his first goal tonight. Congrats to him. One of my favorite interviews -- well spoken and always a class act.

SteveF
04-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Congratulatons to Brooks Dyroff on winning the 2011 Hockey Humanitarian award!!! A tremendous achievement for a great young man!

RENCEB
04-08-2011, 09:14 PM
Congratulatons to Brooks Dyroff on winning the 2011 Hockey Humanitarian award!!! A tremendous achievement for a great young man!Great stuff. Congrats, a great representative from a great program.

sterlippo1
04-08-2011, 10:23 PM
Gotta agree with the half smile. It doesn't **** me off that ND lost. Cripes, their supporters are so arrogant. Not sure who to root for Saturday night. Probably UMD. Last time I saw Michigan live was my first frozen four final at the fleet center. It didn't end well.

For sure UMD,not even close and nice posts from FL and REN on Ben and Brooks,good stuff

UMICH
04-08-2011, 10:46 PM

True, and Michigan has made it 21-consecutive years now...