No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
    BC also had some wide open goals absolutely robbed. I think that BC goal in the first 19 seconds might have been a bad thing. I know when I saw it I basically prepared myself for "Oh boy, here we go, BC is going to destroy CC" Maybe the players thought the same and then just let the game get away from them. Not something they are known for doing, but that's what seemed to happen.

BC had those offensive chances. However, the defense killed them. They let CC dance all around them and let them through. 2 short handed goals are inexcusable especially when one was by a lumbering defensemen who somehow out skated a BC defenseman. Can't blame too much of it on Muse either although maybe they should have switched out the goalies a little bit earlier.

Would have liked to have seen a Boston team get it four in a row but I can settle for Hockey East four in a row.
    Good post. Pretty much nailed it.

CC beat us at our own game. We made (were forced into) mistakes and they capitalized. When things were going the way they were last night in the 1st period, we pretty much needed to win in a shootout. We had plenty of great chances all game long but Howe was having none of it. He absolutely stood on his head and robbed us on a number of 'can't miss' goals.

I don't think this game was a case of BC not showing up, but more of a case of running into a buzz saw with a hot goalie. CC took it to us and earned this win. Great job by them.

Great season Eagles! Hold your heads up and get 'em next year.

Thank you Joe Whitney, Brian Gibbons and John Muse for a great four year ride. You guys are a special group of players. Years from now, when we reminisce about great BC teams and players, you guys will be in the conversation with the likes of the Gionta's, Mottau's, Clemmensen's etc., of BC hockey lore. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I am not so sure. Muse let some softies in for sure, but those softies were basically on the odd man rush. As much as I could easily blame Muse for a no-show, the BC defense last night was the worst I've seen under York. We came out buzzing at the drop of the puck, banged one in, but CC clearly took control of the game and the flow. This game should have been a 8-1 final... we were downright horrible. Not making excuses, but CC kids were big and looked considerably older - they deserved this win by the way and skill they played.

Let's not forget all of the other accomplishments too: Beanpot, HEA RS, and HEA Championship.
      Last edited by eaglehockeyrules; 03-26-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post

CC beat us at our own game. We made (were forced into) mistakes and they capitalized. When things were going the way they were last night in the 1st period, we pretty much needed to win in a shootout. We had plenty of great chances all game long but Howe was having none of it. He absolutely stood on his head and robbed us on a number of 'can't miss' goals.

I don't think this game was a case of BC not showing up, but more of a case of running into a buzz saw with a hot goalie. CC took it to us and earned this win. Great job by them.

Thank you Joe Whitney, Brian Gibbons and John Muse for a great four year ride. You guys are a special group of players. Years from now, when we reminisce about great BC teams and players, you guys will be in the conversation with the likes of the Gionta's, Mottau's, Clemmensen's etc., of BC hockey lore. Good luck to all of you in your future endeavors.
        Also thank you to J Hayes and C Atkinson. Hayes will be in Rockford by Monday...

CC is a very young team. Schwartz bros are 90 and 92 birthyears. Even their captain, Johnson is a sr and is only an 89.

BC doesnt have any seniors that are that young, all 3 of BC's srs are 88's
        Last edited by Hokydad; 03-26-2011, 07:55 AM.

Comment

this pretty much nailed it too

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefan06 View Post
            Can't believe the team choked this bad. Definitely overlooked this team and was way too over confident. Thought York was better than that.

Just a pathetic showing by everyone on the ice and the coaches. Not a single BC player deserves any kind of praise.
            Also, can't believe we just pulled a UNH. Going to have to lay off them until we fix it (even though we have actually won titles). We probably even took their method of choking and doubled it.
            The team played like ****. It happens. I still stand by my posts and everything said in them. It has nothing to do with "throwing them under the bus," it was just calling things like they were.

I don't get how that is at all similiar to making a "Fire Jerry York" thread. Is it because I realized the game was over when we went down 7-2 and you held out some hope? Rather then forcing myself to watch that garbage play, I shut it off and was okay with the result. If they came back miraculously, I would have looked stupid but you could clearly tell that they weren't all there tonight.

Thanks for the input though. We still have 2 of the last 4 titles which is more than anyone else can claim. Like I said, I hope this loss motivates the guys who could potentially leave to come back and give it another go at the title.
            This team choked, way over confident, thought York was better than that, pathetic showing by players and coaches, not one player deserves any praise, double choked, etc., etc.

Tell ya what... how about you provide us with your definition of throwing a team and it's coaches under a bus?

Don't know how many games you see in a season, or if you know squat about hockey, but it seems to me you don't have a whole lot of understanding about the game.

Like all college teams, BC has it's flaws, as they did last season, the season before that, and before that, etc., it's just that the Eagles overall talent has usually carried them through. Last night, Colorado College exposed those flaws and beat us with their speed and exceptionally placed shots on goal. John Muse usually stops a high percentage of those shots, but last night, CC just put the puck in the right places. (John Muse had nothing to do with that loss IMO).

If you were at the Ledyard Tourney this past December, you saw two games that played out exactly like last night. The difference... the speed and talent level of Colgate and Mercyhurst were nowhere near that of CC, and... John Muse stood on his head. We have seen many other games this season where there were BC breakdowns and the other team failed to capitalize (John Muse) or BC just outscored them.

BC came to play last night... they skated hard to the end and created some great chances ( I will suggest the score could have been 4-3 or 4-4 after the first, if not for Howe's stellar play). But, the puck did not bounce our way and didn't all night long. Am I suggesting that BC played well? Nope... far from their 'A' game, but they weren't, as you say, pathetic. They won a number of games this season playing like last night. They ran into a very good team that beat us at our own game.

Give credit where credit is due. CC beat us last night, we didn't lose it. Deal with it.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by ActionJoe View Post
              2 short handed goals are inexcusable especially when one was by a lumbering defensemen who somehow out skated a BC defenseman.
              Civitarese is a forward. Lumbering, yes, but still a forward.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
                Let's not forget all of the other accomplishments too: Beanpot, HEA RS, and HEA Championship.
                Geez, when UNH fans cite things like this they are hammered and mocked by much of the BC crowd. Guess the Eagles were spent after focusing on the regular season and Hockey East tournament?

But seriously, I was shocked as anyone that BC lost. Someone mentioned that York should have called time out after the third CC goal. I have to agree since it looked like the Eagles were getting out of their comfort zone. They needed to settle things down and instead they panicked. Way too many odd man rushes, something you usually don't see with BC. When your players start wanting to do everything by themselves . . . not a winning formula.

Comment

I want to congratulate the BC senior class for an incredible 4 year run of success. While they must be in shock over this game they will understand that a bad night happens...sometimes at the worst time.

I hope this one game does not overshadow amazing BC careers for each of them. We give each other a hard time on here as BU-BC rivals but each of these kids truly is passionate about this game (despite the BU fan's opinions to the contrary often times) and I simply wanted to express my appreciation for the amazing hockey I enjoyed in the many games I watched they and their teammates play these last 4 years.

Hopefully Jerry gives them more of an off season than the partial week of spring break and 2 daya given the Terriers by Parker. Quite a mental break from a grueling and long season.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                    Geez, when UNH fans cite things like this they are hammered and mocked by much of the BC crowd. Guess the Eagles were spent after focusing on the regular season and Hockey East tournament?

But seriously, I was shocked as anyone that BC lost. Someone mentioned that York should have called time out after the third CC goal. I have to agree since it looked like the Eagles were getting out of their comfort zone. They needed to settle things down and instead they panicked. Way too many odd man rushes, something you usually don't see with BC. When your players start wanting to do everything by themselves . . . not a winning formula.
                    Agree with all your post. I truly believe winning a regular season title is a worthy accomplishment, but it was ironic to hear a BC fan say that. I was really shocked to see BC lose. I kept saying no way could they lose and I really thought they were going to come back until the last couple minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by JMSF#1 View Post
                      If you were a brighter bulb, you'd notice that I haven't posted anything about the game...I've been calling you as the pathetic d-bag that you are for coming onto another team's thread gloating about a game that your team had no part in.

Whoever you are a fan of, your team most likely has had a train ran on it by BC the last decade...I don't blame you for being happy.
                      Actually BC rarely plays my team and really hasn't had that much success against them head to head. I just love to see BC lose and listen to how proud their fans are of their Hockey East title and Hockey East tournament title. Really??!! Hockey East sucked this year. I feel terrible for the coaching staff and the players on BC's team, but I will never feel sorry for their arrogant cry baby fans.

Comment

Originally posted by 5minutemajor View Post
                        Actually BC rarely plays my team and really hasn't had that much success against them head to head. I just love to see BC lose and listen to how proud their fans are of their Hockey East title and Hockey East tournament title. Really??!! Hockey East sucked this year. I feel terrible for the coaching staff and the players on BC's team, but I will never feel sorry for their arrogant cry baby fans.
                        This may not be Hockey East's year this year.... its too early to say so we will have to wait and see but look at the last 3 national champions and where they came from whiner.

Why don't you identify your team? Are you embarrassed to say?

Comment

Originally posted by eaglehockeyrules View Post
                          Raise a Banner !!!
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                            Raise a Banner !!!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                              Raise a Banner !!!
                              Or three!

It Happened!!!!

Comment

This. Obviously BC's defense (team defense, not just the d-men) wasn't there, but so many times we've seen BC's offense be able to overcome that by basically scoring at will. Maine and Yale last year come to mind. This time, they couldn't score at will because of Howe. They got the chances. They just weren't going in. If Howe doesn't have a great game, BC's probably tied or within a goal late. And yes, BC's defensive mistakes, although not excusable in any way, were very much a result of what CC was able to do with their speed and constant pressure.
                                Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X