No announcement yet.

Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston College Hockey 2010-2011, Part III - Championship Season Has Begun

With the return of Kreider & the possible return of TAtkinson what do people want to do with the 3rd & 4th lines?

I don't want to break up Almeida-Arnold-SWhitney so that means 4th line of Carey-KHayes-TAktinson/Brown/Dyroff

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
      but did you bring Ara in?
      Well...(sheepish grin)...yeah. BUT...he revived a sagging program and the only blemish was "that" game!

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
        With the return of Kreider & the possible return of TAtkinson what do people want to do with the 3rd & 4th lines?

I don't want to break up Almeida-Arnold-SWhitney so that means 4th line of Carey-KHayes-TAktinson/Brown/Dyroff
        I'm still not really on board with moving Carey to the 4th line. That being said, the emergence of Kevin Hayes makes a 4th line that much more reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post

Carey, KHayes, Dyroff
          NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

The emergence of Kevin Hayes has certainly balanced this line-up. One through four will be solid lines. The one fear I have is they don't appear to have a Gannon/Greene or Lombardi/Price shut down line. These shut down lines play a huge role in the tournament, as it free's up the other three scoring lines to play against the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines of the opponent, thus exposing lack of depth. Small concern, but could play a factor.

Comment

Good point, Kenny. I haven't watched closely enough to see if York matches lines or a line. Has anyone noticed a certain line against another team's top line?

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                What to make of the question from Connelly about BC hosting? Seems like York kind of wants to travel. Did he also say that he would recommend after this season to Hockey East that the league should host the regional like other leagues are doing? I thought he did.

Lastly, I wonder if Gene is really telling him they can't host because of a potential home game for the FREAKING NIT. If Gene would rather have an NIT home game instead of an NCAA regional for hockey at Conte he should kill himself now. I mean... we're talking about the NIT. No one cares about it (except maybe Rutgers). And BC just left an NIT home game on the table this week for the 1st round.
                Now that BU is clearing out it's lockers I decided to poke around the other team on Comm Ave. I for one like the idea of HE hosting the regional (instead of BU, UNH, BC, or whomever)... but I doubt that BC would host it at Conte... I could almost see ULowell hosting (due to the size of Tsongas) but I wouldn't even say BU would host at HAA (due to the size)... I would think that if it goes to schools hosting that BC would host (and given thier crazy NCAA and HE post-season tear) they should host... but it would probably be at the DCU (Worcester) or in Manchester, MH

Just my 2 cents...
                Cookie-Puss #13
                GO BU!!!

Comment

Originally posted by buhockey13 View Post
                  Now that BU is clearing out it's lockers I decided to poke around the other team on Comm Ave. I for one like the idea of HE hosting the regional (instead of BU, UNH, BC, or whomever)... but I doubt that BC would host it at Conte... I could almost see ULowell hosting (due to the size of Tsongas) but I wouldn't even say BU would host at HAA (due to the size)... I would think that if it goes to schools hosting that BC would host (and given thier crazy NCAA and HE post-season tear) they should host... but it would probably be at the DCU (Worcester) or in Manchester, MH

Just my 2 cents...
                  If we ever get to the point where conferences host (hopefully sooner rather than later), I wonder if there would still be a stipulation that one team from that league has to go to that site. I know that's not the case with the CCHA hosting in St. Louis, but maybe that could happen if we end up with only conferences hosting, rather than individual teams.

From what I understand, they don't want regionals at home rinks, but I'm not sure if that's in writing anywhere. Also, Worcester only wants Holy Cross to be the host.

Comment

Just messing around here, but let's say conferences hosted instead of say UNH in Manchester. The bracket could look like:

Bridgeport:

1. Yale
                    2. Union
                    3. Minnesota-Duluth
                    4. Air Force

Green Bay:

1. North Dakota
                    2. Denver
                    3. Western Michigan
                    4. RPI

Manchester:

1. BC
                    2. Merrimack
                    3. Notre Dame
                    4. Colorado College

St. Louis:

1. Miami
                    2. Michigan
                    3. Nebraska-Omaha
                    4. New Hampshire

Now, if you really got picky and didn't like the fact that conference rematches could take place in ALL regional finals:

Bridgeport:

1. Yale
                    2. Merrimack
                    3. Notre Dame
                    4. Air Force

Green Bay:

1. North Dakota
                    2. Michigan
                    3. Nebraska-Omaha
                    4. RPI

Manchester:

1. BC
                    2. Union
                    3. Minnesota-Duluth
                    4. Colorado College

St. Louis:

1. Miami
                    2. Denver
                    3. Western Michigan
                    4. New Hampshire

Comment

From the preview on EagleAction:

"We're healthy, we're focused, and we're really excited about heading into NCAA play," York said as well-wishers poked their heads into York's dressing room, wishing good luck as the Eagle continue their quest to successfully defend their National Championship, starting with Colorado College Friday night at 9 pm. Eastern time.

For the first time in a long time, the Eagles head into a game completely healthy. Chris Kreider was one of those skating at full speed Wednesday, recovered enough from a broken jaw that he will be back at his regular slot next to Pat Mullane and Jimmy Hayes when the puck drops in St. Louis. And, Tommy Atkinson, who so ably filled in during the midpoint of the season when the team was bothered by injuries, is back skating at full speed following a knee injury and will be available again if needed.

"Everything is just like it was three weeks ago," York said. "We have 12 good forwards, six good defensemen and a couple of real good goaltenders.

**Also, some of you were on to something:

"Paul Carey (who filled in for Kreider) will now play left wing on a line with Brownie (freshman Patrick Brown) in the middle and Kevin Hayes on the right side. (The line of Barry Almeida, Bill Arnold and Steve Whitney will remain intact and Ike MacLeod, Brooks Dyroff and T. Atkinson will sit in reserve.)

Comment

Thanks for the info, agreed with the move of not splitting up Almeida-Arnold-S Whitney.

Comment

Any way you look at it, with everyone healthy and Kevin Hayes coming on strong, this will be the healthiest, most balanced lineup BC will field all season long. Time to go out and put it all together...

Comment

Also it will be interesting to see what he does with the powerplay units. The Mullane, Hayes, Hayes, Dumoulin & Cross has been very good of late.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              From the preview on EagleAction:

"We're healthy, we're focused, and we're really excited about heading into NCAA play," York said as well-wishers poked their heads into York's dressing room, wishing good luck as the Eagle continue their quest to successfully defend their National Championship, starting with Colorado College Friday night at 9 pm. Eastern time.

For the first time in a long time, the Eagles head into a game completely healthy. Chris Kreider was one of those skating at full speed Wednesday, recovered enough from a broken jaw that he will be back at his regular slot next to Pat Mullane and Jimmy Hayes when the puck drops in St. Louis. And, Tommy Atkinson, who so ably filled in during the midpoint of the season when the team was bothered by injuries, is back skating at full speed following a knee injury and will be available again if needed.

"Everything is just like it was three weeks ago," York said. "We have 12 good forwards, six good defensemen and a couple of real good goaltenders.

**Also, some of you were on to something:

"Paul Carey (who filled in for Kreider) will now play left wing on a line with Brownie (freshman Patrick Brown) in the middle and Kevin Hayes on the right side. (The line of Barry Almeida, Bill Arnold and Steve Whitney will remain intact and Ike MacLeod, Brooks Dyroff and T. Atkinson will sit in reserve.)
                              I like this line-up. Although Brownie is not the most skilled player, he plays tough and he knows the game. He will create space for Carey and K Hayes to work offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                We'll see what happens in the tournament this year. As you've said, the WCHA hasn't done very well in it over the last 3-4 years.
                                Combined with a normalization of talent and a lot of guys leaving early to go pro, the western teams like minny have struggled. To yorks credit, he has been the rubicon of consistancy and has a system that simply seems second to none right now. I'd be more inclined to give BCs program ( and to a lesser extent BU in 2009) props rather than state that the WCHA has really been in that much of a freefall when you compare it to the rest of the league. Citing UNH as the only example I know, they have had a slew of talent not even set foot on campus which arguably hurts their competativeness. The same could be said of other schools, but I am not really sure.

Another question; who is going to beat BC in the tourny this year? the games last year looked like an OHL team against a high school team. They are arguably better this year.
                                "Look to the end, no matter what it is you are considering. Often enough, God gives man a glimpse of happiness, and then utterly ruins him"

-Herodotus

Comment

Working...
                                X