WCHA Early Signings: both actual signings and predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Early Signings: both actual signings and predictions

Well four team's seasons are done (MN, SCSU, MTU and MSU-M) and UNO is sitting around playing the waiting game. There's an all college Pro Signings Thread out there also, but I thought this one could have a lot to do with speculations.

As far as SCSU goes, I'm scared as hell that Drew LeBlanc, without being drafted, gets courted by somebody. I could also see somebody telling Eddy they'd give him a good deal and he'd get to get out of school, which doesn't seem to be a HUGE priority for him.

What about everyone else? Who do you guys think might leave early? I figure we can wait on the DUs and UNDs and UWs when their season's done, so for now we can focus on the team's that're done.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: WCHA Early Signings: both actual signings and predictions

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
    What about everyone else? Who do you guys think might leave early? I figure we can wait on the DUs and UNDs and UWs when their season's done, so for now we can focus on the team's that're done.
    Wait? But that's no fun.

For UND, the following are flight risks IMO:
    Gregoire, Kristo, Blood, MacWilliam
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
      Wait? But that's no fun.

I'd throw Eidsness into that mix, and you never know with a player drafted in the first round like Forbort or Nelson.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally it was felt Brett Olson (MTU) would be a flight risk coming into this season, but his stock is down due to spending most the season injured.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Not that he is a flight risk, But I was really impressed with MTU's Ryan Furne. I think you have a great player there. Hopefully next year will be a better year for both of our Huskies.

Comment

Well four team's seasons are done (MN, SCSU, MTU and MSU-M) and UNO is sitting around playing the waiting game. There's an all college Pro Signings Thread out there also, but I thought this one could have a lot to do with speculations.

As far as SCSU goes, I'm scared as hell that Drew LeBlanc, without being drafted, gets courted by somebody. I could also see somebody telling Eddy they'd give him a good deal and he'd get to get out of school, which doesn't seem to be a HUGE priority for him.

I don't thiink LeBlanc or Eddy are leaving.
            39 points is good, but not mind-blowing to make LeBlanc a must have right now.
            I also think if Eddy was leaving, he would have done it when he was ineligible.
            He took 7 classes first semester to get himself eligible to play the 2nd half and is in good standing now, I think he's ready to come back.
            "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
            -Gallagher

R.I.P.
            Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
            Grandma ~ Jan 2004
            Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
            Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              He took 7 classes first semester to get himself eligible to play the 2nd half and is in good standing now, I think he's ready to come back.
              That shows a lot of heart and determination. Perhaps he'll be next year's Matt Frattin? I don't see him (Eddy) leaving early either.
              North Dakota

Comment

The rumor at AMSOIL last night was that Faulk is gone from UMD the moment the season ends.
                SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                  The rumor at AMSOIL last night was that Faulk is gone from UMD the moment the season ends.
                  Rumors I've heard is that he has stopped attending classes. Sounds like he is gone.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    Wait? But that's no fun.

I would've thrown Kristo in as most likely in the WCHA to leave. Gregoire I could see too, and for whatever reason I've always seen Blood as a four-year kinda guy, not saying he couldn't leave but that he wouldn't. I expect him to wear the 'C' next year.

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

I would've thrown Kristo in as most likely in the WCHA to leave. Gregoire I could see too, and for whatever reason I've always seen Blood as a four-year kinda guy, not saying he couldn't leave but that he wouldn't. I expect him to wear the 'C' next year.
                      I would say Eidsness is more likely to leave than Kristo. He has finished his degree, is an NHL draftee, and will get very little playing time as a senior. IMO, there is about a 1% chance that he stays.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Somebody should come up with a list of highest risk players from the WCHA and then we'd reply to it like a games predictor, to see who could be best at guessing who stays and goes.

Comment

Why would any of the sue want to leave, don't they get paid handsomely enough there in Grand Forks? Seems to me that for some of them it would be a financial step backwards.
                          There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            Rumors I've heard is that he has stopped attending classes. Sounds like he is gone.
                            Ouch. I was impressed with this kid. Tough year for departures on the blue line for UMD if this comes full circle.

I think defensive talent is what separated UMD for SCSU. Your guys moved the puck and could hold the zone consistently. Your D also did a good job finding lanes and getting pucks to the net from the point. Mr Lee worked his tail off all night.

Comment

Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
                              Why would any of the sue want to leave, don't they get paid handsomely enough there in Grand Forks? Seems to me that for some of them it would be a financial step backwards.
                              *****http://undergroundfreakz.com/s/cwm/3dlil/eek13.gif******
                              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                              X