Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vermont : Let the offseason begin...2011

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
    This is exciting! Cats appear to have a good shot since his dad went to Norwich. More importantly though, he'd be able to keep playing with his buddy Girgensons. On the downside, looking at empty Gut isn't going to get anyone too fired up. Plus, it's bad that UVM's the first school he's visiting. Hopefully, he'll be able to remember UVM after York and Parker get their clutches on him. This would be big. Go Cats Go!
    Not sure what Norwich has to do with him playing at VT? His linemate from last year is going to NU next year and he opted out so not sure about his friend on VT helping either. He will bet at BC 90% 10% BU.
    Husky Hockey heading to the top of the bottom!

Comment

• Originally posted by steve66 View Post
      Not sure what Norwich has to do with him playing at VT? His linemate from last year is going to NU next year and he opted out so not sure about his friend on VT helping either. He will bet at BC 90% 10% BU.
      also has his brother along. If a school gives both full rides then they likely stand a better chance thanba school just.recruiting John.

Comment

Originally posted by steve66 View Post
        Not sure what Norwich has to do with him playing at VT?
        I'm not sure either. Guess I'm just hoping his dad loved Norwich and is telling his son how wonderful living, studying, and playing hockey in Vermont is. It's a stretch, I'll concede that.

Comment

How many schools right now have 2 full rides available? Maybe delaying Girgenson will pay off.
          New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Originally posted by Cat lover View Post
            How many schools right now have 2 full rides available? Maybe delaying Girgenson will pay off.
            I'm guessing NU definitely does with all the departures.
            Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
            Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

He played with Girgensons and Lukko this past season right? It really should come down to two or three things:

Does he want to live in a big city with no real campus (BU/NU) or a small city with a real campus (UVM)?

Does he want to be THE MAN as he can be at UVM or just one of many star players at BC or BU.

Does he want to be on the third tier sport team at BC?

If he was going to play for Cronin then I can see him playing for Parker, although BU usually goes for the bigger players. He fits the BC mold of smaller stature better than the BU mold.

It would be GREAT if he came to UVM..... I guess we will know soon enough

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
                He played with Girgensons and Lukko this past season right? It really should come down to two or three things:

Does he want to live in a big city with no real campus (BU/NU) or a small city with a real campus (UVM)?

Does he want to be THE MAN as he can be at UVM or just one of many star players at BC or BU.

Does he want to be on the third tier sport team at BC?

If he was going to play for Cronin then I can see him playing for Parker, although BU usually goes for the bigger players. He fits the BC mold of smaller stature better than the BU mold.

It would be GREAT if he came to UVM..... I guess we will know soon enough
                You must not have seen NU recently, we have a very solid campus, I think we've been recognized as one of the most efficient users of space in Boston. BU is spread out and doesn't have a campus, but NU has a very connected and well sized campus in the city.

Comment

NU has a campus. We are not an elongated strip along Comm Ave tank you very much. We have actual quads and green space.
                  Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                  Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Gaudreau's Dad did not just go to Norwich ... he is a native born Vermonter ... was a high school star at North Country Union before going to play for Norwich where he is in the Athletic Hall of Fame ... being the Norwich play by play guy I'm thinking the Cadets should be taking a shot at getting him to play at Kreitzberg Arena for a couple of years before the inevitable happens and he signs to play pro ... but short of that I hope the Cats can pull it off ... coming out of JR. they seem to have the connections.

Comment

Cha Ching for Sharp as he signs a 5 year deal

From NHL.Com

The new deal, which will begin with the 2012-13 season, is reportedly worth $5.9 million a year against the League's hard salary cap, according to the site capgeek.com. That would be nearly a $2 million raise per season from his current deal, which reportedly counts $3.9 million against the cap.
                      New Arena New Arena where for art thou New Arena

Comment

Gaudreau to BC

Comment

Originally posted by HOCKEYGUY23 View Post
                          Gaudreau to BC
                          The rich get richer. Not surprising, but a bummer nonetheless.

Comment

Bummer but not surprising

I hope Luuko puts a hurting on him when they face each other

Comment

The 2011-2012 recruiting class was announced today on the UVM website:

http://uvmathletics.com/news/2011/7/...726110117.aspx

Peter Massar, a Clarkson transfer, is a new addition that has not been mentioned before. I am very curious to see how Brett Bruneteau plays. Sneddon mentions in the article above that they expect him to be a top 9 forward. He was recruited by all of the top WCHA teams before he suffered a serious concussion. He didn't play too much in his 2 years at North Dakota.

Also...the Hockey East website has all of the schedules on their site, here is UVM's:

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/uvm/sched12.php

They have the USA U-18 team playing us in mid-October. I am hoping they add a game against a Canadian University during the 1st weekend in October. I would imagine the official schedule should be released sometime soon.

Looking forward to the season!

Comment

Originally posted by VermontFan View Post
                                The 2011-2012 recruiting class was announced today on the UVM website:

http://uvmathletics.com/news/2011/7/...726110117.aspx

Peter Massar, a Clarkson transfer, is a new addition that has not been mentioned before. I am very curious to see how Brett Bruneteau plays. Sneddon mentions in the article above that they expect him to be a top 9 forward. He was recruited by all of the top WCHA teams before he suffered a serious concussion. He didn't play too much in his 2 years at North Dakota.

Also...the Hockey East website has all of the schedules on their site, here is UVM's:

http://www.hockeyeastonline.com/men/uvm/sched12.php

They have the USA U-18 team playing us in mid-October. I am hoping they add a game against a Canadian University during the 1st weekend in October. I would imagine the official schedule should be released sometime soon.

Looking forward to the season!
                                Hmmm, tough finish to the season with the last 7 games against BC, BU, and UNH. I too, can't wait for the season. I'm psyched to see what the new players will bring to the table. And if Stalberg is going to be able to keep pace with his brother's scoring, he's going to have to have a big junior season. If he even comes close, it'll be good. Go Cats Go.

Comment

Working...
                                X