Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Originally posted by The_Commissioner View Post
    If the animal rights folks weigh in we have a golden opportunity for earned media. At this point, it's worth a try.
    I wasn't suggesting that PETA would file a suit. I was suggesting that the university whose logo we modify would file the lawsuit. However, the idea of attracting PETA attention may have merit, if we believe any publicity is good publicity. Some on the board have suggested that this is the university's official position.

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
      I wasn't suggesting that PETA would file a suit. I was suggesting that the university whose logo we modify would file the lawsuit. However, the idea of attracting PETA attention may have merit, if we believe any publicity is good publicity. Some on the board have suggested that this is the university's official position.
      and any time you can make PETA mad, that is a good thing. A very good thing. People who don't eat meat are more evil than people who walk around malls slapping babies.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        and any time you can make PETA mad, that is a good thing. A very good thing. People who don't eat meat are more evil than people who walk around malls slapping babies.
        If upsetting special interest groups is the way to free publicity, how about a new logo of a Huskey holding an AK-47? Perhaps that is the spark that gets Mroz personally involved in the rehabilitation of the program?

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I remember that post, believe it or not. Not word for word or anything, but I laughed my arse off. tDon and his hair have been an ongoing joke on here for quite a while.
          there was a hilarious line about tDon's hair becoming a sentient being
          Originally posted by mtu_huskies
          "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
          Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
          Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

All is quiet. Is Jamie safe? Did anyone leave to go play in the ECHL?

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
              All is quiet. Is Jamie safe?
              I just emailed that show, asking if they could gauge the strength of the rumors they've supposedly heard about JR's future (without naming any sources, obviously). We'll see if I get any kind of response.

Comment

Originally posted by mtu_huskies View Post
                All is quiet. Is Jamie safe? Did anyone leave to go play in the ECHL?
                To answer both of your questions: Jamie said eff it to coaching, and he signed with the Alaska Aces.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                  *****http://www.michigantechhuskies.com//pics32/1024/CA/CARDPWOYBSUHJXR.20110315013411.jpg******

Dead center.
                  Sweet indeed. I somehow ended up in that picture by accident.
                  Philbert
                  ---------------
                  Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
                  GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

If upsetting special interest groups is the way to free publicity, how about a new logo of a Huskey holding an AK-47?
                    Too late, UND is already on that bandwagon hoping to be the first college hockey team on the cover of Guns 'n' Amo magazine.

Ryan J

*****http://www.wdaz.com/media/full/jpg/2011/03/03/siouxlibyastill.jpg******
                    Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                    https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                    Originally posted by geezer
                    Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                    Originally posted by manurespreader
                    ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Too late, UND is already on that bandwagon hoping to be the first college hockey team on the cover of Guns 'n' Amo magazine.

Ryan J

*****http://www.wdaz.com/media/full/jpg/2011/03/03/siouxlibyastill.jpg******
                      That is, without a doubt, the funniest thing I've seen all day for reasons you'll never know. Thanks for posting that one!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldish husky View Post
                        Just be sure to "modify" significantly. Anything resembling an existing logo will result in a lawsuit. And if we modify a logo from a hockey school, that lawsuit might include defamation based on recent hockey performance.
                        Do you think NIU will notice?
                        *****http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/30637/1233923-T600450.jpg******
                        "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                        Abe Lincoln

Comment

All campaigns have to have a slogan and I'm suggesting something like, 'The Dog Bites Back,' or 'We're putting teeth back in the Huskey.' I'm sure y'all can do better, so let's hear your ideas!
                          Get Bit!
                          "Don't believe everything you read on the Internet"
                          Abe Lincoln

Comment

New fight song:

Get Bit! Get Lit! Take a Hit! Su*k a T*t! Never Quit!! Tech Tech Tech!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnt Orange Husky View Post
                              Do you think NIU will notice?
                              *****http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/30637/1233923-T600450.jpg******
                              If you change the gray outline to yellow, we should be ok.

Comment

Use of 'MTU' is discouraged according to the Institution's standards of name and logo use.

Comment

Working...
                                X