Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Tech Offseason Thread I: Not Winning and the ensuing drama.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    *****http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/mikeyp/Forum.jpg******
    Also you're quick to forget my purpose on here is philanthropy; I like to provide knowledge to the less fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by JOHN SCOTT ROCKS View Post
      Also you're quick to forget my purpose on here is philanthropy; I like to provide knowledge to the less fortunate.
      We're so glad to have a resident know-it-all. Gosh, whatever would we do without a genius like you? We'd probably be far less entertaining, that's for damn sure.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        We're so glad to have a resident know-it-all. Gosh, whatever would we do without a genius like you? .
        You know, I don't expect the gratitude, but hey I'll take it. It's no problem, no problem at all.

Comment

You know, I don't expect the gratitude, but hey I'll take it. It's no problem, no problem at all.
          Hey it's offseason, and I'm generous. *shrug*

Comment

You're positive or pretty sure? Is it gentlemens rules or NCAA rules? Because I recall Nate Hagemo talking to UMINN after committing to Wisconsin and actually changing his committment. Lucia's response- he contacted us first. So if it was illegal according to NCAA, could Lucia talk to him regardless of who made contact? I would guess it is not illegal as North Dakota isn't the only school who has contacted him. I'm guessing it's gentlemens agreement that you don't contact a committed kid but that agreement is gone once the recruiting coach is gone.
            Sorry, I am 100% POSITIVE that since Tanner Kero has signed a National Letter of Intent, no other team is allowed to talk to him without repercussions from the NCAA. The Gentleman's agreement you speak of is related to Verbal Commitments. This is how MTU got Blake Pietila to change his Verbal from NMU to MTU after his brother left NMU for MTU, he decided to rethink his situation and commit to MTU.
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
              Sorry, I am 100% POSITIVE that since Tanner Kero has signed a National Letter of Intent, no other team is allowed to talk to him without repercussions from the NCAA. The Gentleman's agreement you speak of is related to Verbal Commitments. This is how MTU got Blake Pietila to change his Verbal from NMU to MTU after his brother left NMU for MTU, he decided to rethink his situation and commit to MTU.
              Well I don't know what to tell you beside, apparently multiple schools including North Dakota became interested once Russell was gone. Are there any clauses in the NLI that deal with the recruiting coach being dismissed?

Comment

Well I don't know what to tell you beside, apparently multiple schools including North Dakota became interested once Russell was gone. Are there any clauses in the NLI that deal with the recruiting coach being dismissed?
                Teams being interested in a NLI signed player is fine...actually contacting them directly is not...the NCAA is very specific that players sign NLI to commit to a school not a coach...now there is absolutely nothing that says a "friend of a friend" told me there would be a place for you if you're interested in transferring to UND or find a way to convince the new coach to let you out of your NLI.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I don't know what to tell you beside, Kero isn't going to play college hockey anywhere but at Tech. It doesn't matter if they're interested in him or not.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Cary Eades is just getting to know his recruit before he takes the MTU job!! Here's to wishful thinking

Comment

Tanner is playing at Tech. Remember last year? Brett Olsen was leaving for the pros. JSR is pot stirring.
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                        Tanner is playing at Tech. Remember last year? Brett Olsen was leaving for the pros. JSR is pot stirring.
                        Sorry all you JSR haters, but he's right on this one. And it's not just NoDak. Multiple schools have inquired about his future. This happens all the time for any decent recruit when the school's coach leaves.

Comment

Sorry but I agree with jsr, even if he is insufferable. I don't doubt that there are a number of teams interested in him and don't doubt that they have found a way to contact him without contacting him. Still I don't think one can assume he is leaving or the other wolf crying that is going on.
                          Let's just wait and see. Nothing we can do about it.
                          On another subject what is the news on the big freon leak from last fall.
                          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

So I get a kick out of how the capacity of the Mac is stated at 4200, but in all actuality there are only about 2800 seats and reaching a total of about 3000 when Suites are factored. So, with that we were actually at about 76% seated capacity last season. 82% Not factoring suite capacity.
                            Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                            What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Yager got banned for saying UND recruits with free booze, hookers and blow. or something close to that.
                              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

The beauty of the boards is that if you make enough unsubstantiated, speculative comments, eventually one of them will come true and then you can claim that you were smarter than everyone else. That an any comment that someone else makes that you disagree with can instantaneously be asinine and ignorant.

I wasn't suggesting that Kero wasn't a great player that could attract interest from other schools. But based on what I see, N Dakota recruits NHL draft picks, not just USHL draft picks. Kero would be a great addition to Tech among other schools. I maintain that stating that a school is interested in a recruit, and that the recruit is headed out the door are two different things. The may both be true or maybe not. But until I see evidence that a player has a release from a NLI or plans to sit a year, I'm not buying it. I think this sort of thing is why Witten is still around to hold down the fort.

Comment

Working...
                                X