Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University Part IV: Off-Season or New Season?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University Part IV: Off-Season or New Season?

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    I'm fairly sure "Fidel Nicastro" was created by a BC poster.
    First time I heard it was at the BC-BU game at Agganis last year after Parker took away the team's ping pong table. Some BU season ticket holder behind me yelled, "Skate Fidel, andale!" I burst out laughing

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
      Come on...weak.
      Awwww come on ... its trwoo!!

Comment

Actually I'll take credit for coining that one (Fidel Nicastro), while fellow BU fan DavidB came up with the "you're playing like Raul" taunt. claver are you in 115?
        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

See Jack Parker's reaction to the news that David Warsofsky signed with the Bruins today:
          http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/24/wars...s-with-bruins/

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Actually I'll take credit for coining that one (Fidel Nicastro), while fellow BU fan DavidB came up with the "you're playing like Raul" taunt. claver are you in 115?
            I'm a BC fan but got my tickets that night through a friend who has season tickets I think I was in 113 or 112 that night.

Comment

EPIC post from Bantam75. I feel like I was there.

#5. We hardly knew ya. I'm disappointed at Jacks comments. Once again, it screamed of a kid that could have used a but more guidance this season.

BU Hockey: Waxing nostalgic over the glory days
              It Happened!!!!

Comment

That was the best thing weighart's ever written.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
                  #5. We hardly knew ya. I'm disappointed at Jacks comments. Once again, it screamed of a kid that could have used a but more guidance this season.
                  It's interesting how all of us read into it based on our already establised positions. (And I dont mean this as an attack).

I read it and thought "yup. Jack is spot on there."

Did you think there was something inaccurate about what he said?

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    The problem is that is was accurate. Parker was spot on there.

Parker is the person who was supposed to be "challenging" him. If Parker was keen enough to notice this early in the season, he needed to do more about it. If Warsofsky was "one leg out the door" it is Parker's job to do something about it. I know some would say that is solely Warsofsky's problem and Parker can't fix everybody, but we have seen this time and time again the last decade; players just dogging it and getting through the season. I have never heard of a York coached player not being challenged or one step out the door. He seems to get the most out of his players.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                      It's interesting how all of us read into it based on our already establised positions. (And I dont mean this as an attack).

I read it and thought "yup. Jack is spot on there."

i think bomber wanted jack to motivate warsofsky a bit more than he did.... that is what disappoints him.

what parker said.... spot on.
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
                        The problem is that is was accurate. Parker was spot on there.

Parker is the person who was supposed to be "challenging" him. If Parker was keen enough to notice this early in the season, he needed to do more about it. If Warsofsky was "one leg out the door" it is Parker's job to do something about it. I know some would say that is solely Warsofsky's problem and Parker can't fix everybody, but we have seen this time and time again the last decade; players just dogging it and getting through the season. I have never heard of a York coached player not being challenged or one step out the door. He seems to get the most out of his players.
                        1) benn ferriero's senior season
                        2) i've said it before, if warren buffet came to campus and offered me a job after my junior season - i would have left.
                        3) people are motivated differently. and yes, some can't be motivated.
                        4) this is a hockey school. when jack goes into a home he doesn't tell you that you will be getting a great education at school and he will be helping and getting ready for the nhl. he tells you he will help you get to the nhl. so if you are here to get to the nhl (and heck, your coach agrees with your decision to now leave and try to get there...) you try and get to the nhl.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          That was the best thing weighart's ever written.
                          his resignation?
                          “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                          Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                          Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                          National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

what happened to hokydad's post?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              his resignation?
                              LOL

BTW, looks like hokydad deleted his post or had it deleted. It said Benn ferriero was injured most of his senior season. He then lambasted Parker and said it was time for him to ride off into the sunset.

Comment

Two USCHO columnists have suggested that Miami and Notre Dame could go to Hockey East with the shake-up from this whole Big 10 conference thing.

I would think that this would be an impossibility because I think that Hockey East is perfectly happy with its New England only footprint and would not want to bring in 2 teams from the midwest. Does anyone think that this is a good idea or one that even has a chance of happening?

Comment

Working...
                                X