PDA

View Full Version : Maine Off Season 2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51

Ma#1ne Hky
04-19-2011, 04:04 AM
I'm planning to be alive..!

Related thought:I think Tim has dug himself so deep a hole that the only thing that could get him another extension is two consecutive FFs,maybe even a NC.

Barring that very unlikely scenario,I believe he'll be gone forever in a couple of years.I don't see merely making the NCAAs once or twice more as being good enough.I think his body of work won't be seen as redeemed by that,even if it happens.(And I'd bet the farm right now that it won't.) What saves TW butt as of now is the 3 year gift he got from former AD Blake James...the sad part is the hole he's dug..(TW)..has swallowed the program and fans also. It will take time but he's a goner in the long run.

Hoover
04-19-2011, 05:16 AM
Usually a partial schedule comes out around the time of the banquet that is two and a half weeks away. We do know that the Bears host UNO at home, Clarkson at Portland and travel to the Ralph for a couple with Sioux.

Thanks Pucknut!

sandiegoblkbr
04-19-2011, 10:25 AM
Looking at the front page of USCHO, at least one school's administration isn't willing to settle for mediocrity in their hockey program. TIMMAY, send them your resume, tell about all the final fours, and the Penrose, really sell it.

LOL.....was thinking the same thing. The guy even won an ECAC title (has TIMMAY ever won a conference title?). Would love to see Montgomery get a shot........that would sell out the CCCC next season! ;)

MEbear
04-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Looking at the front page of USCHO, at least one school's administration isn't willing to settle for mediocrity in their hockey program. TIMMAY, send them your resume, tell about all the final fours, and the Penrose, really sell it.

...and I know of a couple of hundred great recommendations he could get from well established members of the local community. The more I think about this, Clarkson-Whitehead has a really nice ring to it!

rufus
04-20-2011, 08:15 AM
Soooooo......................, looks like there might be a head coach position opening at TIMMAY's alma mater. I say he should go for it.

BassAle
04-20-2011, 03:12 PM
has TIMMAY ever won a conference title?

yup, 2004 (I think) vs UMass. Ben Murphy scored in triple overtime to win 2-1

Runsub5
04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
According to USCHO, UMass-Lowell will be hiring Norm Bazin who currently coaches Hamilton. Tim counciled Hamilton when they conducted their search in hiring Bazin a few years ago. Looks like Tim provided good advice on how to conduct a search. Bazin has a very good resume. Interesting that the RiverHawks may hire a coach without Division 1 head coaching experience, but has proved himself in Division 3 and as an assistant in D1.

boblav1
04-20-2011, 11:18 PM
According to USCHO, UMass-Lowell will be hiring Norm Bazin who currently coaches Hamilton. Tim counciled Hamilton when they conducted their search in hiring Bazin a few years ago. Looks like Tim provided good advice on how to conduct a search. Bazin has a very good resume. Interesting that the RiverHawks may hire a coach without Division 1 head coaching experience, but has proved himself in Division 3 and as an assistant in D1.
Bazin started his coaching career as an assistant coach under Tim at Lowell

Fishman'81
04-21-2011, 03:21 AM
Bazin started his coaching career as an assistant coach under Tim at Lowell

Hamilton is just down the road from me,and I go there for games regularly.They certainly exceeded expectations this season by a country mile.(And,BTW,they don't play a tentative game over there.)

I'm very interested to see how Bazin fares at the D-1 level.Perhaps he will open some eyes,re: the D-1 coaching merry-go-round.

I've seen a few coaches in D-3 who I believe could move Maine up a notch or two.Some guys in D-3 have had amazing results with pretty much no resources available.That division is worth a look.

BoSox3066
04-21-2011, 01:59 PM
As scott sandelin is named a world jr assistnat coach, is it worth mention that Tim Whitehead never had a usa hockey opportunity, even in the frozen four days? Lend credence to any of the tales that he doesnt play well with others, or mere coincidence?

Ma#1ne Hky
04-21-2011, 05:07 PM
As scott sandelin is named a world jr assistnat coach, is it worth mention that Tim Whitehead never had a usa hockey opportunity, even in the frozen four days? Lend credence to any of the tales that he doesnt play well with others, or mere coincidence? Good point.

rufus
04-22-2011, 03:24 PM
Well, jury's still out on Bazin, and Toot might give him a run for his money, but looks like Maine will have the worst head coach out of all the HE teams next season.

You snooze, you lose. And with TIMMAY, you can expect plenty of the latter next year.

Ma#1ne Hky
04-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Well, jury's still out on Bazin, and Toot might give him a run for his money, but looks like Maine will have the worst head coach out of all the HE teams next season.

You snooze, you lose. And with TIMMAY, you can expect plenty of the latter next year. Bazin to UML,Leaman to Providence and lets hope NEXT YEAR at this time you hear,Fill in the blank named NEW coach at UMaine....

rufus
04-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Any takers on whether PC finishes higher than Maine next year?

BoSox3066
04-22-2011, 05:39 PM
With zero knowledge of what PC has coming back Id say i doubt it based on talent. Course we saw what that stands for this winter. Maine may have a better HC than Northeastern if Cronin ends up banned for a year.

walrus
04-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Any takers on whether PC finishes higher than Maine next year?

Is Leaman their coach?

rufus
04-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Is Leaman their coach?

Is that rhetorical, or hadn't you heard the news?

walrus
04-22-2011, 08:45 PM
Is that rhetorical, or hadn't you heard the news?

I've been busy and don't pay attention to much in offseason(unless its good news like a certain coach getting fired) That must mean Nate is now a HE coach. I think PC lost their goalie so I'll say no, 2 years though and its probably a gimme

Runsub5
04-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Maine hockey team played softball today in a cool "raw" Maine day. They played the Orono PD in a fundraiser for the Special Olympics at Kessock Field. I didn't make it over, but I bet those hockey players could hit the ball for power.

jcarter7669
04-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Maine hockey team played softball today in a cool "raw" Maine day. They played the Orono PD in a fundraiser for the Special Olympics at Kessock Field. I didn't make it over, but I bet those hockey players could hit the ball for power.

Probably a fundraiser for to help out their coach.