PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Quarterfinal: Hamline at SNC 3/12

Pages : [1] 2

AC09
03-11-2011, 03:30 PM
Haven't seen a thread yet, so...

Does SNC have a trip to Ridder booked? Will Hamline put up a fight?

Discuss.

pete99race
03-11-2011, 04:22 PM
I would expect another close game for SNC, as 17 of this season's 27 games have been decided by two goals or less. 15 of 28 for Hamline.
Emphasis should be on goal tending and defense from both teams.

GoBullDogsGo
03-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Of all the Quarter Final games, I think this one has the best chance of an upset. Hamline 3-2 over SNC in OT! Should be a great game.

AC09
03-11-2011, 08:54 PM
All four QFs should be close contests, and this will be no exception. That said, I think SNC pulls out the win here. They have home ice and NCAA experience. Not to mention the best 'tender in the West.

LadyinRed
03-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Hamline beat SNC college earlier this year. I think it will be a great game, especially if Hamline flows. They have tremendous talent and are looking to keep their streak alive.

altazo
03-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Of all the Quarter Final games, I think this one has the best chance of an upset. Hamline 3-2 over SNC in OT! Should be a great game.

You really like Hamline's chances more than Adrian's, eh?

AC09
03-11-2011, 11:37 PM
You really like Hamline's chances more than Adrian's, eh?

Adrian is the higher seed, and therefore a Bulldog win is technically not an upset :D

LadyinRed
03-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Considering SNC students will be on spring break, will they have any fans?

altazo
03-11-2011, 11:45 PM
Adrian is the higher seed, and therefore a Bulldog win is technically not an upset :D

You didn't get it.

And trust me, until Adrian wins a NCAA tournament game, anytime they play Elmira they are the underdog...

AC09
03-11-2011, 11:54 PM
You didn't get it.

I guess I didn't.

All things aside, Hamline/SNC should be a great matchup, and hopefully the winner will represent the West well in MN. As for AC/EC, it should also be a great matchup. I'll be pullin' for the 'Dawgs, but Elmira definitely has to be considered the favorite in that one. It would be great to have two Western teams at the Ridder. Let's bring the title back West!

Edit: I did get it. Of course the 'Dawgs are the underdogs here.

MW4Bucky&SNC
03-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Considering SNC students will be on spring break, will they have any fans?
I think ticket sales were in great shape.

I expect a 3-2 game...hopefully the home team winning. There is certainly a chance of an upset. I think Adrian has a chance at a minor upset over Elmira as well.

altazo
03-12-2011, 12:07 AM
For the record I think Adrian has a shot in that game too.

As for this game, I'm hoping SNC is able to avenge their November loss to Hamline. 4-2 SNC?

chico53
03-12-2011, 12:15 AM
As usual, the NCAA tried to eliminate the MIAC champ by sending them on a midweek road game. This often works but not this time. The Pipers are made of sterner stuff and sent Superior packing. If they get a fair break in officiating (which is usually not the case when a MIAC team visits SNC. The good news is, by now, they know this and can prepare accordingly), they have an excellent chance of winning.

Pipers have a solid goaltender, excellent defensemen and decent forwards. On neutral ice, it would certainly be a tossup. In Green Bay, give SNC the slight edge. Not enough for a gimme, though.

altazo
03-12-2011, 12:23 AM
As usual, the NCAA tried to eliminate the MIAC champ by sending them on a midweek road game.

Not really. If Hamline's rink still had ice and they had applied to host a game, they'd have hosted Superior.

If the NCAA is so anti MIAC, why was the league awarded a Pool C berth last season in addition to their championship Pool A?

AC09
03-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Not really. If Hamline's rink still had ice and they had applied to host a game, they'd have hosted Superior.

If the NCAA is so anti MIAC, why was the league awarded a Pool C berth last season in addition to their championship Pool A?

+1

XYZ
03-12-2011, 01:45 AM
Previews Up (http://www.d3westhockey.com)

AC09
03-12-2011, 02:05 AM
Previews Up (http://www.d3westhockey.com)

Nicely done, sir. As usual.

pete99race
03-12-2011, 08:52 AM
http://www.snc.edu/athletics/teamfiles/hockey/2010-11/hockey11-15.pdf
Game preview from SNC SID, Dan Lukes....

LadyinRed
03-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Hamline has better than decent forwards. They have extremely talented and dynamic forwards who will be looking to score. I'll take Hamline to win in OT from shot by Arigoni.

MW4Bucky&SNC
03-12-2011, 01:55 PM
As usual, the NCAA tried to eliminate the MIAC champ by sending them on a midweek road game.
You won't find me defending the NCAA very often, but do you now realize where you went wrong with this statement in blaming the NCAA? Unless the NCAA allowed them to play with in-line skates or on a pond near campus letting them host wasn't an option. The only choice was sending them on the road.