PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Quarterfinal: Elmira @ Adrian 3/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

XYZ
03-13-2011, 12:33 AM
Recaps Are Up (http://www.d3westhockey.com)

Transplanted Tiger Fan
03-13-2011, 12:53 AM
Alright, sorrows have been successfully drowned at Buffalo Wild Wings in Toledo, and we’re back in good shape. Helluva game. Adrian’s forecheck and physical pressure controlled play for the first-half of the game, just long enough for them to gain the lead and hold-on. I feel that once they let-off that pressure, they were quite vulnerable, but Elmira just couldn’t cash-in on that vulnerability and find twine. In a word... Nuts.

It was a sincere pleasure to meet-up with a number of the USCHO continent of the Adrian fan base. Those we did meet (bigmrg74, Northernlite, & bayliner2555), you gentlemen are truly Class Acts. I regret not meeting-up with Hammer and ACBullDog, but maybe next time. :)

The non-USCHO fans were just as classy. As I was walking around the rink proudly donning and RIT sweatshirt, an Adrian fan acknowledged and congratulated the RIT women on their win today over the Adrian women. I was a loss for words, other than a short-and-sweet “Thank you”.

After tonight’s game - a tough loss for Elmira and an hard-earned win for Adrian, both fan bases lived-up to my expectations. Words I live by and try very hard to instill in my kids “Gracious in Victory, and Humble in Defeat”. This is EXACTLY what I observed tonight from both the Elmira and Adrian fans in attendance, and it was an AWESOME experience.

That being said, I wish to congratulate the Adrian program on this year’s success, and also wish this success does not end here. Take it all the way, and enjoy the ride.

I frequently close with this salutation, but this one is heart-felt to both the Elmira and Adrian programs:
Cheers!!!

NUProf
03-13-2011, 07:57 AM
Go Bulldogs! Hope our teams see each other in the ultimate game since we missed each other in the NSB.

LostinMichigan
03-13-2011, 09:02 AM
After tonight’s game - a tough loss for Elmira and an hard-earned win for Adrian, both fan bases lived-up to my expectations. Words I live by and try very hard to instill in my kids “Gracious in Victory, and Humble in Defeat”. This is EXACTLY what I observed tonight from both the Elmira and Adrian fans in attendance, and it was an AWESOME experience.

Everyone should also know that you made an effort to shake the hands and congratulate us. It is much easier to be gracious to a team that shows grace. I'm glad you felt the same about us. You can add a female from the boards that you met :)

ACBulldog
03-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Alright, sorrows have been successfully drowned at Buffalo Wild Wings in Toledo, and we’re back in good shape. Helluva game. Adrian’s forecheck and physical pressure controlled play for the first-half of the game, just long enough for them to gain the lead and hold-on. I feel that once they let-off that pressure, they were quite vulnerable, but Elmira just couldn’t cash-in on that vulnerability and find twine. In a word... Nuts.

It was a sincere pleasure to meet-up with a number of the USCHO continent of the Adrian fan base. Those we did meet (bigmrg74, Northernlite, & bayliner2555), you gentlemen are truly Class Acts. I regret not meeting-up with Hammer and ACBullDog, but maybe next time. :)

The non-USCHO fans were just as classy. As I was walking around the rink proudly donning and RIT sweatshirt, an Adrian fan acknowledged and congratulated the RIT women on their win today over the Adrian women. I was a loss for words, other than a short-and-sweet “Thank you”.

That being said, I wish to congratulate the Adrian program on this year’s success, and also wish this success does not end here. Take it all the way, and enjoy the ride.

I frequently close with this salutation, but this one is heart-felt to both the Elmira and Adrian programs:
Cheers!!!

Sorry I was not able to get around and meet everyone. The EC fans were great and I hope to meet you someother time. I will be in Minny so if anyone is going let me know and we can meet up! Congrats to EC and Go Bulldogs!

lukem2000
03-13-2011, 10:59 AM
I will be in Minnesota with the same crew as yesterday...Go Bulldogs.
See all u great Adrian fans in Minneapolis.

Nice to meet some of u on the board...

Let the 7 hour journey begin ....elmira bound

Ohh Line
03-13-2011, 11:43 AM
What a superb post, the only one I have seen that tries to weigh the strengths and weaknesses of both teams, sort of impartially.
I remember when I first posted on this forum, when I first saw Adrian play 4 years ago, and what has happened since: Mitch Albom's support, the NCAA weighting criteria that did not allow Adrian to play on, on the ice those first 2 years, the "it is what it is" nonsense, the naysayer posts about the program and the MCHA, the 4 Harris Cups, blah, blah.
Fast forward to today and it is what it is, indeed, a wonderful opportunity for the 17 seniors and their coach who recruited all of them, to play on in the NCAA DIII playoffs for a second time, this time as host team!!
Congratulations boys and coach, what a ride it has been these past 4 years!!!
Hope you win Saturday and go on to Minny!

Quiznos for lunch? Goooo Dogsss Great Job Coach Fogarty and the boys!! Hi

jim32
03-14-2011, 03:52 PM
As there is really no better way to say it, I would just like to echo what TTF said here:

Cheers!!!

I would like to add; Frickers was an exellent choice for the pre-game meet and greet. To bigmrg74, Northernlite, & bayliner2555; thanks for joining us there. As it turns out, that was the highlight of the trip! :p

I would also like to point out, that after the game, many of the Adrian faithfull thanked us for coming out and wished us safe journeys home. Nice!

bigmrg74, when you were telling us this on the way out:

Yep! Elmira and their fans really helped to take the arena to another level tonight. It's really nice to not have Arrington sounding like a library.
I really thought you were pulling our leg... The Adrian fans are a pretty raucous bunch, I figured it was that way at all the games!

A report from the Elmira newspaper on the game: linky (http://www.stargazette.com/article/20110312/SPORTS03/103120378/Elmira-College-men-start-fast-then-flop-hockey?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports)

Good luck in Minnesota!

jconnor
03-14-2011, 05:52 PM
So, Just how mant Elmira Fans were there at the game?

bigmrg74
03-14-2011, 09:03 PM
bigmrg74, when you were telling us this on the way out:

I really thought you were pulling our leg... The Adrian fans are a pretty raucous bunch, I figured it was that way at all the games!

Good luck in Minnesota!

Nope, I really haven't been there much this year, but that was easily the loudest crowd that I've heard at Adrian. They're not quite to the point where they're going to be doing traditional chants and cheers that a regular college hockey fanbase would do, but they're getting there.

lukem2000
03-14-2011, 10:59 PM
So, Just how mant Elmira Fans were there at the game?

Maybe 50-60 of us...Mostly Parents.

All of Section A, which was only like 5-6 rows 15 seats across, had EC fans in it.
All of Section B, excluding the 7 EC players that didn’t dress, were Adrian Fans. Half of this section was said to be for Elmira fans but this was likely because not enough EC fans called to get tickets.

I do not have a problem with how Adrian sold tickets…again I think every EC Fan that intended to go, went.

An above average arena…My Biggest complaint would have to be the height of the scoreboard and banners. Very similar to “The Cooler” (Hobart’s Arena) except wider with more seating on the one side. Scoreboard and banners could become an issue like in Geneva because they hang very low. Hard to see opposite end of ice from Section A due to the netting and glass but not horrible. What would have put this arena over the top would have been to put seating on both sides of ice.

As far as the Atmosphere, it was somewhat dry at the start of the game excluding the EC Section. I do not think Adrian had ever seen other fans come into the Arena and start chanting for the opposite team. It was not until the second before Adrian and their Fans got into the game a little. I think they learned a lot from us EC fans and see you do not only have to Cheer when there is a goal scored. As a few Adrian Posters on here have said in the past, it is a new fan base and they are still learning. Was a little disappointed that with less than 2 minutes to go and the game pretty much in hand the Adrian fans were almost nonexistent. It took the buzzer to sound for the place to erupt. Again, all stuff that will come in time and by getting a good core fan base.

For a first time Host Adrian did well and can only improve. I do not have any complaints and had a great time. One of the most entertaining games I have seen in some time despite the outcome.

I did not know what to think going into the game, and in all honesty did not think Adrian would be able to skate and hit like EC. I was proven wrong in both of those categories and have a lot of respect for the Adrian Program. Adrian is very quick and a much large team than I imagined. They completely dominated the Soaring Eagles 5 on 5 and if it hadn’t been for the penalties this game wouldn’t have even been close. Funny thing is, someone mentioned this team is not even as good as the team two years ago…hhmm makes you wonder.

I am looking forward to hanging out and tipping back a couple more with some of the Adrian poster on here again in Minny. I will most definitely be in the Adrian Section Cheering on this team.

Good season EC…You definitely do not have anything to be ashamed of.

Is it October Yet…GO EC!!!!