Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Elmira @ Adrian 3/12

Originally posted by kimmerdog View Post
    Actually, one of the caravan is just crossing the border in Detroit. I am coming from Ontario, Canada. Daughter is typing for me right now. I am thinking hour and a half to get there. Incentive is to get there quick as I am dying for a Timmy's coffee.
    Yeah, but I'm sure that most of the gang would have taken I-86 to go thru Cleveland. And besides, there's other Tim Hortons along the way. Off the top of my head, if you're taking I-94 to US-12, there would be a Tim Horton's/Wendy's right at the exit off of 94 to 12, going into Ypsi.
    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
      Yeah, but I'm sure that most of the gang would have taken I-86 to go thru Cleveland. And besides, there's other Tim Hortons along the way. Off the top of my head, if you're taking I-94 to US-12, there would be a Tim Horton's/Wendy's right at the exit off of 94 to 12, going into Ypsi.
      I guess I miscommunicated. I am from just outside of Toronto, Ontario not ELmira, NY. Sorry.
      2006-2007 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 2008-2009 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 1st Double Winner
      BigTime Elmira College Supporter 2000-2014

Comment

I guess I miscommunicated. I am from just outside of Toronto, Ontario not ELmira, NY. Sorry.
        No worries, coming from Toronto that route makes sense now. Truthfully, as long as you have a passport, its usually quicker and shorter to go thru Onterio from most of SE Michigan if you want to hit some place along the NY Toll Road.
        bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          No worries, coming from Toronto that route makes sense now. Truthfully, as long as you have a passport, its usually quicker and shorter to go thru Onterio from most of SE Michigan if you want to hit some place along the NY Toll Road.
          Actually, I have an Enhanced Driver's License which allows me to come into the States via Land without my passport. My DL has all the information on it that the passport has. Had to pay extra $40 for it. OK, it looks like I am about 10 minutes away from coming into Michigan. I though I would get through a lot quicker, but I forgot that it's March Break on Ontario this week, so everyone is going to Florida via I75. I am going to have to stop before Adrian for my coffee. Which is the quickest way to Adrian and stop for a Timmy's?
          2006-2007 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 2008-2009 ECAC West Pick'em Champion, 1st Double Winner

Comment

Actually, I have an Enhanced Driver's License which allows me to come into the States via Land without my passport. My DL has all the information on it that the passport has. Had to pay extra $40 for it. OK, it looks like I am about 10 minutes away from coming into Michigan. I though I would get through a lot quicker, but I forgot that it's March Break on Ontario this week, so everyone is going to Florida via I75. I am going to have to stop before Adrian for my coffee. Which is the quickest way to Adrian and stop for a Timmy's?
            I would hope on I-94 and head west to US-12, take that west to US-52 just past Clinton, hang a left South and that will take you right on into Adrian. Once you get thru Downtown Adrian, Frickers will be coming up, once you get past Beecher, Frickers would be on your right.

It just happens.

Comment

Thanks, bigmrg74, I will go that way. I was thinking I75 to Monroe and then across, but hey I have got 3 hours to kill, and daughter is driving now, so I can type all I want and scan the Internet. hehehehe. Come through Customs with the customs guy asking where we were going. Told him , Adrian MI to watch a NCAA hockey game. He had a good chuckle, told me Adrian was going to beat EC and I didn't have to tell him that was the game I was going to see. He didn't even ask for my ID. Just said enjoy the trip and see you tomorrow.

Comment

Well, I gotta run out and go do a few things out in the barn here. see you guys soon.

It just happens.

Comment

Thanks, bigmrg74, I will go that way. I was thinking I75 to Monroe and then across, but hey I have got 3 hours to kill, and daughter is driving now, so I can type all I want and scan the Internet. hehehehe. Come through Customs with the customs guy asking where we were going. Told him , Adrian MI to watch a NCAA hockey game. He had a good chuckle, told me Adrian was going to beat EC and I didn't have to tell him that was the game I was going to see. He didn't even ask for my ID. Just said enjoy the trip and see you tomorrow.
                  Should have told them you were an Elmira fan you could have had the pleasure of a strip search. This car is near Fremont OH. TomTom says 1.5 hours to go.
                  Dave
                  RIT - '90

Comment

Kimmerdog, Just remembered that there is a Timmy's in Saline on the left side of US-12 just past McDonalds. We want you in the best shape possible when you get to Adrian.

Comment

Originally posted by bayliner2555 View Post
                      Kimmerdog, Just remembered that there is a Timmy's in Saline on the left side of US-12 just past McDonalds. We want you in the best shape possible when you get to Adrian.
                      We actually stopped there, filled up on coffee and other things. Now on 52 to Adrian, should be there in about 1/2 hour.

Comment

Kimmer, welcome to Adrian. Make sure you honk and wave as you drive by my house.

Comment

Originally posted by AC Bulldog View Post
                          Kimmer, welcome to Adrian. Make sure you honk and wave as you drive by my house.
                          Where is your house? I love the views, just like around where I live north of Toronto.

Comment

Have arrived at frickers...earlier than expected.
                            Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
                              Have arrived at frickers...earlier than expected.
                              guess I better get going then.

It just happens.

Comment

Have fun everyone, thanks to the Adrian fans for "taking care of the EC fans". Hopefully, we can return the favor sometime soon.
                                Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                                Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                                Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Working...
                                X