PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Quarterfinal: Norwich @ Plattsburgh 3/12

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Derek Dunning
03-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Third time a charm for Norwich?

Or will the Cardinals complete the clean sweep of the Cadets with all three wins coming at the Stafford.

This will be Parker Carroll's first go around facing Plattsburgh.

Something has to give, Parker Carroll's unbeaten streak, or Plattsburgh's perfect sweep of Norwich.

Anyone know when the last time a team beat Norwich three times in one season or three times in a row for that matter and their name wasn't Middlebury?

norm1909
03-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Yaayyy - ANOTHER Plattsburgh Thread!!!!

Steve Day
03-09-2011, 10:00 PM
Anyone know when the last time a team beat Norwich three times in one season or three times in a row for that matter and their name wasn't Middlebury?

Now that is something worth looking up

CardsFan91
03-09-2011, 10:38 PM
It should be a donnybrook! :)

17'sfanNU
03-09-2011, 10:43 PM
When are tickets going on sale at Norwich for the Plattsburgh game Saturday night and how many are reserved for Norwich fans? I hear a bus is going from Wick, but I am planning on spending the night with my brother's family. Hope there will be a good crowd for Norwich, I want us to be heard loud and clear, just like it's been at Kreitzberg:p This is going to be an awesome game and will be Parker Carroll's first time facing P-burgh (and that may make a big difference on the outcome of this "must win" game). Please, someone let me know about the tickets:) I have to be at work from 8 AM-4 PM, and may need to find someone to get 2 tickets for me, depending on what time they go on sale and how many tickets there are.
Congratulations Norwich, a great win tonight:D

norm1909
03-09-2011, 10:47 PM

Or will the Cardinals complete the clean sweep of the Cadets with all three wins coming at the Stafford.

Something has to give, Parker Carroll's unbeaten streak, or Plattsburgh's perfect sweep of Norwich.

Jan. 9, 2007 Plattsburgh 4 – Norwich 2
Nov. 24, 2007 Plattsburgh 5 – Norwich 3
Jan. 8, 2008 Plattsburgh 3 – Norwich 2

Nov. 28, 2008 Plattsburgh 3 – Norwich 3
Jan. 6, 2009 Plattsburgh 3 – Norwich 1

Derek Dunning
03-09-2011, 10:47 PM
When are tickets going on sale at Norwich for the Plattsburgh game Saturday night and how many are reserved for Norwich fans? I hear a bus is going from Wick, but I am planning on spending the night with my brother's family. Hope there will be a good crowd for Norwich, I want us to be heard loud and clear, just like it's been at Kreitzberg:p This is going to be an awesome game and will be Parker Carroll's first time facing P-burgh (and that may make a big difference on the outcome of this "must win" game). Please, someone let me know about the tickets:) I have to be at work from 8 AM-4 PM, and may need to find someone to get 2 tickets for me, depending on what time they go on sale and how many tickets there are.
Congratulations Norwich, a great win tonight:D

Norwich was given an allotment of 297 tickets tonight by Plattsburgh Athletic Director Bruce Delventhal.

Some of that will be given to the Blue Line Club for the bus and another block will go to the Norwich parents and families. The rest will go on sale tomorrow at some point to the general public. I'll post details when I find them out tomorrow.

Derek Dunning
03-09-2011, 10:48 PM
Jan. 9, 2007 Plattsburgh 4 – Norwich 2
Nov. 24, 2007 Plattsburgh 5 – Norwich 3
Jan. 8, 2008 Plattsburgh 3 – Norwich 2

Any time its happened in one season oh great norm? ;)

norm1909
03-09-2011, 10:52 PM

It's not like they are in the same conference ;)

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
03-10-2011, 02:41 AM

Tell me - how many opponents do they typically play more than once in a regular season other than Plattsburgh and Midd? They played Castleton twice this, but beyond that...?

Plattsburgh regularly plays all of their conference opponents twice, along with Wick and Midd. That's plenty more opportunity to get beat thrice in season. How many times has it been done to them?

Sorry, but by saying it has rarely/never happened, you're not really saying anything because Norwich's conference scheduling significantly reduces the chances of it happening. :)

PrezdeJohnson09
03-10-2011, 07:18 AM
Tell me - how many opponents do they typically play more than once in a regular season other than Plattsburgh and Midd? They played Castleton twice this, but beyond that...?

Plattsburgh regularly plays all of their conference opponents twice, along with Wick and Midd. That's plenty more opportunity to get beat thrice in season. How many times has it been done to them?

Sorry, but by saying it has rarely/never happened, you're not really saying anything because Norwich's conference scheduling significantly reduces the chances of it happening. :)

I was more referring to back in the old days when games weren't so limited...playoff series were a two game format...

theburgh
03-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Gotta beat the champs to be the champs!!!! Lets goooo cards:)

jerrynu26
03-10-2011, 08:38 AM
96-Played during regular season, and then 2 NCAA games. In the year of the vacated title, I believe Platttsburgh won the mini-game to advance, so 3 games that year plus a little...

NUProf
03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
96-Played during regular season, and then 2 NCAA games. In the year of the vacated title, I believe Platttsburgh won the mini-game to advance, so 3 games that year plus a little...

But never a 3 game sweep. We had a few cases back in the past of playing teams 3 times, but never did we get the hat trick in losses (based on a quick scan of the media guide).

bakdraft21
03-10-2011, 09:30 AM

well according to the bird fans last yr it almost impossible to beat a team 3 times in a row, yes it is but it has a will be done......this should be a GREAT game, good luck with St louis ;-0

cetihcra
03-10-2011, 09:51 AM
well according to the bird fans last yr it almost impossible to beat a team 3 times in a row, yes it is but it has a will be done......this should be a GREAT game, good luck with St louis ;-0

Add to that the fact that Norwich hasn't won at Stafford in 8 years (Jan. 7, 2003) -- a span of 7 visits -- and it's looking like PSU doesn't even have to show up to secure a victory ;) :D 2003 was a good year, though.

PrezdeJohnson09
03-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Add to that the fact that Norwich hasn't won at Stafford in 8 years (Jan. 7, 2003) -- a span of 7 visits -- and it's looking like PSU doesn't even have to show up to secure a victory ;) :D 2003 was a good year, though.

Thanks for doing that part of my research for me!

I am currently putting together a preview and I just compiled the all-time series.

Norwich leads 23-19-5 currently.

Does anyone know why Norwich and Plattsburgh didn't play in the regular season from 1987-1998? Conference realignments or?

Norwich 8 Plattsburgh 3
Norwich 10 Plattsburgh 4
Plattsburgh 7 Norwich 6
Norwich 3 Plattsburgh 2 (ot)
Norwich 6 Plattsburgh 5
Plattsburgh 4 Norwich 2
Plattsburgh 4 Norwich 3
Plattsburgh 3 Norwich 2
Tied 4-4
Norwich 5 Plattsburgh 4
Norwich 9 Plattsburgh 5
Norwich 8 Plattsburgh 6
Norwich 8 Plattsburgh 4
Norwich 6 Plattsburgh 5
Plattsburgh 6 Norwich 2
Plattsburgh 10 Norwich 2
Plattsburgh 7 Norwich 2
Norwich 11 Plattsburgh 7
Plattsburgh 8 Norwich 4
Plattsburgh 6 Norwich 2
Norwich 4 Plattsburgh 3
Plattsburgh 2 Norwich 1
Tied 3-3
Norwich 5 Plattsburgh 2
Norwich 5 Plattsburgh 3
Tied 4-4
Norwich 3 Plattsburgh 2
Norwich 4 Plattsburgh 0
Plattsburgh 6 Norwich 1
Plattsburgh 4 Norwich 3
Norwich 3 Plattsburgh 2
Norwich 5 Plattsburgh 3
Norwich 5 Plattsburgh 3
Plattsburgh 2 Norwich 0
Norwich 6 Plattsburgh 0
Plattsburgh 4 Norwich 3 (ot)
Norwich 7 Plattsburgh 3
Norwich 4 Plattsburgh 2
Plattsburgh 4 Norwich 2
Plattsburgh 5 Norwich 3
Tied 3-3
Plattsburgh 3 Norwich 1
Tied 1-1
Norwich 4 Plattsburgh 1
Norwich 3 Plattsburgh 2
Plattsburgh 3 Norwich 2
Plattsburgh 7 Norwich 4

jerrynu26
03-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I believe the fights during warmups occurred during that period.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
03-10-2011, 12:30 PM
I believe the fights during warmups occurred during that period.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the "warmup-fight" game was in 87, and they didn't play in the RS again until 98, when Primelink brought them back together.

CARDS_rule_the_Burgh
03-10-2011, 12:51 PM

Does anyone know why Norwich and Plattsburgh didn't play in the regular season from 1987-1998? Conference realignments or?

Contradiction here... looking up now.

OH! You meant 1986-87! Plattsburgh 8-4 in-season, Plattsburgh 6-2, and Norwich 4-3 in the QFs, Plattsburgh won the series.

It was harder to recognize the typo, because Plattsburgh and Norwich DID faceoff in the tournament in 1996-1997. 3-3 Tie the first night, Norwich 5-2 the second night.
First season I looked at was 1995-96, which I immediately ruled out, because Plattsburgh did not make the tournament. :)