PDA

View Full Version : Bowdoin VS Oswego State (March 12) - NCAA Quarterfinal Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Laker Ranger
03-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Might as well get it started. Welcome back to the CC, Polar Bears, and your goaltender was stellar in that victory tonight:eek::cool:.

OSUPBPMike
03-09-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it won't be 9-2 again.

Stormy8174
03-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Wonder if they will have a good student showing with Spring Break starting next week...

polarbearfan
03-09-2011, 09:05 PM

Im not sure my pride could handle that...

This is a different Bowdoin team that went to the CC last year so I dont think it will either'. Here's to hoping Messina stay's hot in net! kid played a hell of a game and an unbelievable of a third period!

Laker Ranger
03-09-2011, 09:06 PM

More like a super strong branch. +1.

As for the students...is it that well known around campus that the Lakers are STILL in action? My emphasis on said word is that I saw a mass popularity show last leaving the CC with horror etched all over their faces, and a sick realization that Oswego St was (at the time) done for the season. Couple misinformation or disappointment with spring break, and...we're looking at the off campusers and alumni to pick up the slack.

Which we can do.:D:cool:

Incidently, to the Bowdoin body - anyone planning to make the trek to Lake Ontario? Just out of curiosity.

LakerEagleLover
03-09-2011, 09:13 PM
WNYO (www.wnyosports.com) and WTOP (http://www.athletics.oswego.edu/showcase/#liveevents) will have live coverage starting at 6:30pm...

Congrats Polar Bears! Welcome Back to Hockey Night In Oswego

OSUPBPMike
03-09-2011, 09:18 PM
More like a super strong branch. +1.

As for the students...is it that well known around campus that the Lakers are STILL in action? My emphasis on said word is that I saw a mass popularity show last leaving the CC with horror etched all over their faces, and a sick realization that Oswego St was (at the time) done for the season. Couple misinformation or disappointment with spring break, and...we're looking at the off campusers and alumni to pick up the slack.

Which we can do.:D:cool:

Incidently, to the Bowdoin body - anyone planning to make the trek to Lake Ontario? Just out of curiosity.

They put up notices on the electronic signage all over campus the second the bracket came out Monday morning so I think the students know that there is a game. Since the res halls close at 8 AM Saturday however, it is just difficult for the non-diehards to make arrangements.

LakerEagleLover
03-09-2011, 09:34 PM
They put up notices on the electronic signage all over campus the second the bracket came out Monday morning so I think the students know that there is a game. Since the res halls close at 8 AM Saturday however, it is just difficult for the non-diehards to make arrangements.Hopefully the students who live in upstate ny that are not going to Florida (southern state), Mexico (southern country), Bahamas (southern islands) will make the drive back and crash off campus. Last year I recall a pretty good crowd and lots of kids - but mostly between the ages of 5 to 15...:eek:

norm1909
03-09-2011, 09:53 PM
Hopefully the students who live in upstate ny that are not going to Florida (southern state), Mexico (southern country), Bahamas (southern islands) will make the drive back and crash off campus. Last year I recall a pretty good crowd and lots of kids - but mostly between the ages of 5 to 15...:eek:

Ahh, Mexico - home of Grandma Brown's Home Baked Beans. (http://www.amazon.com/Grandma-Browns-Home-Baked-Beans/dp/B001684OPM) :eek: :p

OSU2010
03-09-2011, 10:08 PM
some food for thought

WIN
Bowdoin 0.6739%-------Oswego 0.8400

SOS
Bowdoin 0.5030-------Oswego 0.5305

Offense
5. Bowdoin 4.30-------7. Oswego 4.12

Defense
35. Bowdoin 2.89-------2. Oswego 1.85

Goaltenders
Bowdoin- Steve Messina, SV% .900-------Oswego- Paul Beckwith, SV% .935%

PIM
Bowdoin 18.26-------Oswego 14.23

Power Play
Bowdoin 31.4%-------Oswego 25.7%

Penalty Kill
Bowdoin 87.5%-------Oswego 85.9%

OSU2010
03-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Lets just hope we don't see St. Louis or Murphy out there on the ice

Derek Dunning
03-10-2011, 12:18 AM
some food for thought

WIN
Bowdoin 0.6739%-------Oswego 0.8400

SOS
Bowdoin 0.5030-------Oswego 0.5305

Offense
5. Bowdoin 4.30-------7. Oswego 4.12

Defense
35. Bowdoin 2.89-------2. Oswego 1.85

Goaltenders
Bowdoin- Steve Messina, SV% .900-------Oswego- Paul Beckwith, SV% .935%

PIM
Bowdoin 18.26-------Oswego 14.23

Power Play

Penalty Kill
Bowdoin 87.5%-------Oswego 85.9%

Stay out of the box...They are lethal on the PP.

jabber811
03-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Hopefully the students who live in upstate ny that are not going to Florida (southern state), Mexico (southern country), Bahamas (southern islands) will make the drive back and crash off campus. Last year I recall a pretty good crowd and lots of kids - but mostly between the ages of 5 to 15...:eek:

Unbelievably, Italy is one hot destination this Oswego spring break.

jabber811
03-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Ahh, Mexico - home of Grandma Brown's Home Baked Beans. (http://www.amazon.com/Grandma-Browns-Home-Baked-Beans/dp/B001684OPM) :eek: :p

Not that Mexico Chachi

LakerFan99
03-10-2011, 06:27 AM
Last year I recall a pretty good crowd and lots of kids - but mostly between the ages of 5 to 15...:eek:

Good crowd, yes. But without the students, it can get awfully quiet in there. The last game the Lakers played before the students came back for the spring semester had a very good crowd, but you could hear a pin drop in there. Many of the older folk sit on their hands the whole game. Let's hope that doesn't happen on Saturday.

Oldtimehockey
03-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Good crowd, yes. But without the students, it can get awfully quiet in there. The last game the Lakers played before the students came back for the spring semester had a very good crowd, but you could hear a pin drop in there. Many of the older folk sit on their hands the whole game. Let's hope that doesn't happen on Saturday.

Careful sparky!!! Some of "oldtimers" don't sit and don't shut up either!!!!!! Oswego boy's hopefully watched the game last night. There was a lot ot be learned about Bowdoins goaltending and offensive tendency's. Hit the roof often boy's he crawls around alot.

LakerFan99
03-10-2011, 07:28 AM
Careful sparky!!! Some of "oldtimers" don't sit and don't shut up either!!!!!! Oswego boy's hopefully watched the game last night. There was a lot ot be learned about Bowdoins goaltending and offensive tendency's. Hit the roof often boy's he crawls around alot.

That's why I said "many" and not "all". :D

mazile
03-10-2011, 08:25 AM
Bowdoin's goalie was great last night for sure, but their style of play doesn't seem to match well with Oswego. Fredonia packs it in around the net and limits quality "in tight" chances and rebounds. Watching Bowdoin last night - admittedly for the only time - they seemed to put pressure on the point men and leave a lot of room in front of the net - especially on the power play. Oswego's skill players will create many more chances in close than Neumann did and I don't see Messina outplaying Beckwith.

Russell Jaslow
03-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Power Play

Wow, that's a heck of a power play!

bakdraft21
03-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Might as well get it started. Welcome back to the CC, Polar Bears, and your goaltender was stellar in that victory tonight:eek::cool:.

he stood on his head a few times, nice going Hill School Grad, but youll be in for a little more on sat ;-))