D. Geneva Lloyd. Amherst (Soph.)
    D. Kara Beuhler, Plattsburgh (Sr.) *
    G. Alexi Bloom, Middlebury (Sr.)

2nd Team East
    F. Tori Charron, Elmira (Fr.)
    F. Katie Stack, RIT (Sr.) *
    F. Steph Moon, Plattsburgh (Sr.)
    D. Sarianne Lynn, Norwich (Jr.)
    D. Madison Styrbicki, Middlebury (Soph.)
    G. Mandy Mackrell, Plattsburgh (Sr.)

1st Team West
    F. Kait Mason, Wis. River Falls (Fr.)
    F. Michaela Michaelson, St. Catherine (Sr.) *
    F. Kristin Faber, Wis. Eau Claire (Sr.) *
    D. Kelly Salis, Adrian (Jr.)
    D. Lauren Conrad, Wis. River Falls (Sr.)
    G. Kaley Gibson, St. Norbert (Fr.)

2nd Team West
    F. Katelyn Dold, Concordia-Moorhead (Jr.)
    F. Sarah Luberda, Concorida Wis. (Sr.)
    F. Erin Marvin, Wis. Stevens Point (Jr.)
    D. Kirstin Peterson, Gustavus Adolphus (Sr.) *
    D. Meghan Lange, St. Catherine (Sr.)
    G. Jess Newstrom, Bethel (Soph.)

* Denotes 2010 All-USCHO selection

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/womens-d3-blog/...#ixzz1G7b9Gogb

All positive selections -- congrats to the players -- I would only quibble about Zukas from Amherst over Lloyd since we will see Lloyd for 2 more years and Zukas was in no small part the backbone of the Jeffs' championships. She shone again this year too.
    Illegitimum non carborundum
    Cartman: Ma'am, the Crack Baby Athletic Association is a storied institution that was founded over twelve days ago.
    Cartman:Should I admit I was wrong, ask for everyone's forgiveness and go back to my original team? Nah, screw that, I'm just gonna keep being a d**k.
    Cartman: Screw you sir, I'm going home.

Comment

Re: D-III All-USCHO Team

Once again, a tribute to the growth of DIII womens hockey when i think of some great players who did not make this list. I'm hesitant to mention names for fear of leaving someone out, but certainly names like Hanlon, Zukas, Fortier, Komerek, Holtz, Dejulio and Clegg come to mind. Not to mention some great rookies in Kunichika, Dumont and Chamberlain.

It seems as recently as 3-4 years ago we would see the same names on these lists year in and year out. Now, you've got to be on top of your game to make it.

Also, swapping Zukas for Lloyd simply based on age should not be a criteria. Lloyd clearly earned her spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Kitty View Post
        2011 All-USCHO Team selections.

D. Kara Beuhler, Plattsburgh (Sr.) *

F. Katie Stack, RIT (Sr.) *

F. Michaela Michaelson, St. Catherine (Sr.) *
        F. Kristin Faber, Wis. Eau Claire (Sr.) *

D. Kirstin Peterson, Gustavus Adolphus (Sr.) *

* Denotes 2010 All-USCHO selection
        I guess Derek forgot to indicate which goalkeeper was the all-USCHO selection -- lack of editorial oversight, conspiracy, wait-til-we-see-how-it-shakes-out, or just a dang typo?
        Cartman: Ma'am, the Crack Baby Athletic Association is a storied institution that was founded over twelve days ago.
        Cartman:Should I admit I was wrong, ask for everyone's forgiveness and go back to my original team? Nah, screw that, I'm just gonna keep being a d**k.

Comment

I guess Derek forgot to indicate which goalkeeper was the all-USCHO selection -- lack of editorial oversight, conspiracy, wait-til-we-see-how-it-shakes-out, or just a dang typo?
          Huh?
          1st Team East
          G. Alexi Bloom, Middlebury (Sr.)
          2nd Team East
          G. Mandy Mackrell, Plattsburgh (Sr.)
          1st Team West
          G. Kaley Gibson, St. Norbert (Fr.)
          2nd Team West
          G. Jess Newstrom, Bethel (Soph.)

OR, are you just talking about DIII Goalie of the Year?
          Last edited by NHDad; 03-09-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

All five of them were 2010 All-USCHO selections?

I'm confused by what you're saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
              All five of them were 2010 All-USCHO selections?

I'm confused by what you're saying?
              Sorry...stuck in the 00's -- that's 2010, not 2011 -- I just saw all the stars as a wider honor rather than a previous year nod -- so none of the goaltenders were previously recognized?

Comment

Perhaps she graduated?
                RIT

We made the Frozen Four!!!

Follow the RIT Corner Crew on Facebook

Comment

I must say I was a little surprised not to see Julie Fortier's name mentioned.

She's had a stellar year racking up 40 points with the tell tale sign of a balanced attack by recording 20 Goals with 20 Assists, 5th in points scoring, 5th in goals, 5th (T) in assists, 1st in PP points, 4th in PP goals, 1st (T) for game winning goals, playing in all 28 games while amassing a miniscule 5 penalties for 10 minutes....Seems like the Hart and Lady Byng all rolled into one to me.

Too bad, guess it just wasn't her year....huh?
                  Last edited by 5 4 Fighting; 03-09-2011, 10:31 PM. Reason: spell chick

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                    I must say I was a little surprised not to see Julie Fortier's name mentioned.

She's had a stellar year racking up 40 points with the tell tale sign of a balanced attack by recording 20 Goals with 20 Assists, 5th in points scoring, 5th in goals, 5th (T) in assists, 1st in PP points, 4th in PP goals, 1st (T) for game winning goals, playing in all 28 games while amassing a miniscule 5 penalties for 10 minutes....Seems like the Hart and Lady Byng all rolled into one to me.

Too bad, guess it just wasn't her year....huh?
                    I mulled over it for 10 minutes. It was her or Steph Moon. Decided to go with Moon. The Plattsburgh offense pretty much runs through Moon completely.

Fortier has had an outstanding season and has really become a force with Melissa Rundlett and Renee Lortie. I'd argue that line is as good as any in the country. Play so well together.

Julie's year to shine will be next year when she is no longer in Miss Leclerc's shadow. She'll have a decent shot at passing Leclerc for the all-time NU points lead if she has another great year next season and keeps pace with Sophie in the final two games they play this year.

Comment

The reason Laura Chamberlain was not eligible was because she did not make the ECAC West 1st or 2nd team. Seems crazy, but she did not, made only the All-Rookie Team. I have a feeling if she was even 2nd team ECAC West, Derek would have made her the 1st team East goalie, strictly on her performance against Norwich in October. Chamberlain had one bad game (Oswego) which hurt her. Mackrell is tremendous, no doubt. She stopped 103-of-107 shots in three games at the Ritter, with several unreal saves. If Stack doesn't get hurt mid-season, she is a shoo-in for first team, but can't knock the second team selection.

Comment

Originally posted by metssabres View Post
                        The reason Laura Chamberlain was not eligible was because she did not make the ECAC West 1st or 2nd team. Seems crazy, but she did not, made only the All-Rookie Team. I have a feeling if she was even 2nd team ECAC West, Derek would have made her the 1st team East goalie, strictly on her performance against Norwich in October. Chamberlain had one bad game (Oswego) which hurt her. Mackrell is tremendous, no doubt. She stopped 103-of-107 shots in three games at the Ritter, with several unreal saves. If Stack doesn't get hurt mid-season, she is a shoo-in for first team, but can't knock the second team selection.
                        You would be 100-percent correct

Chamberlain was a no brainer for me if she was eligible, but since she is not. Couldn't put her in. She'll have her time soon enough.

I also would have had Gustavus Adolphus' Danielle Justice in had she been eligible.

Comment

Possibly same witgh Kunichika if eligible for East second team. Since she has decided to shoot more, she has six goals in the last eight games. She will be a mainstay for the next three years.
                          Last edited by metssabres; 03-09-2011, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Dunning View Post
                            I mulled over it for 10 minutes. It was her or Steph Moon. Decided to go with Moon. The Plattsburgh offense pretty much runs through Moon completely.

Fortier has had an outstanding season and has really become a force with Melissa Rundlett and Renee Lortie. I'd argue that line is as good as any in the country. Play so well together.

Julie's year to shine will be next year when she is no longer in Miss Leclerc's shadow. She'll have a decent shot at passing Leclerc for the all-time NU points lead if she has another great year next season and keeps pace with Sophie in the final two games they play this year.
                            10 minutes... eh? You must be swamped....

It certainly wasn't my intent to have you respond when not quoted, however if you feel you need to continue to defend this mess...fill your boots.

For the record, allowing you to pit Moon against Fortier or defend Sophie's record was never in my wheelhouse. Moon is as deserving as they come and I was only trying to point out that Fortier was having a banner year.

Of course, I had no idea that you already had her nominated for next year.

I would submit with all this apologizing going on...the cheese in Vermont is really starting to stink....

Comment

Originally posted by 5 4 Fighting View Post
                              I would submit with all this apologizing going on...the cheese in Vermont is really starting to stink....
                              ...we charge extra for that!
                              Last edited by Phil D. Stands; 03-10-2011, 07:39 AM. Reason: ya really missed me all season 54/40 or fight, right?
                              "The great State of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"
                              -- Thank You For Smoking

Comment

Working...
                              X