Bubble teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bubble teams

While there are many factors that could still affect the PWR there appear to be several teams sitting right on the bubble. That is unless they win their automatic qualifier you really cannot tell whether or not they make the NCAA tournament. The top 11 PWR teams from Yale to Minnesota-Duluth appear to sound. UNH will likely be safe. After that Dartmouth, Western Michigan, Colorado College, BU, RPI, Maine and Minnesota are the bubble teams vying for 3 spots or less if an upset autobid happens. A few others may have an outside shot at the bubble if everything falls in place. Any calculations verifying or refuting this is welcome.

Re: Bubble teams

I’m no PW expert and I’m not trying to burst you bubble but bubble teams abound. CC dropped like 4 spots after losing to the Badgers on Sat. I think they only gained 1 spot before that with Friday’s win.

I can only speak about the WCHA but I think teams like Wisconsin and SCSU still have a chance. Am I wrong? Can they make it to the dance without a Broadmoor Trophy?

Again, the PW is not something that I have a total grasp on yet so feel free to disagree.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
      While there are many factors that could still affect the PWR there appear to be several teams sitting right on the bubble. That is unless they win their automatic qualifier you really cannot tell whether or not they make the NCAA tournament. The top 11 PWR teams from Yale to Minnesota-Duluth appear to sound. UNH will likely be safe. After that Dartmouth, Western Michigan, Colorado College, BU, RPI, Maine and Minnesota are the bubble teams vying for 3 spots or less if an upset autobid happens. A few others may have an outside shot at the bubble if everything falls in place. Any calculations verifying or refuting this is welcome.

RPI has to be all but done for after their loss to Colgate Sunday...the only way they would get in is if every other team around them lost quickly basically am I right? They only sit at t16 in the PW as of now and can't move up at all while every other team in that list can.
      GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
        RPI has to be all but done for after their loss to Colgate Sunday...the only way they would get in is if every other team around them lost quickly basically am I right? They only sit at t16 in the PW as of now and can't move up at all while every other team in that list can.

you never know... dartmouth didn't play last weekend and moved from a three way tie for 15th (but finishing third in that tie, so essentially 17th) to 13th in the pwr....

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
          I’m no PW expert and I’m not trying to burst you bubble but bubble teams abound. CC dropped like 4 spots after losing to the Badgers on Sat. I think they only gained 1 spot before that with Friday’s win.

I can only speak about the WCHA but I think teams like Wisconsin and SCSU still have a chance. Am I wrong? Can they make it to the dance without a Broadmoor Trophy?

Again, the PW is not something that I have a total grasp on yet so feel free to disagree.
          Wisconsin's TUC really hurts them. If they lose the rpi component they most likely lose the PWR comparison. There is a large gap above and below those teams I listed as bubble teams. A drop of 3 or 4 places is common when changing one or two PWR comparisons with teams that are bunched up but to change about 4 comparisons takes a lot more. Most teams still in contention do not have more than 3 games to play and those that have consolations have the added problem of losing their last 2 games.

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
          A couple of factors that could change RPI's PWR are the slim edge in the rpi component that CC holds over them and the fact that Cornell could conceivably drop out as a TUC with two losses to Quinnipiac this weekend. So they technically could move up still.

Comment

*****http://www.bubblehockeydirect.com/redsheltimen.jpg******
            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

A couple of factors that could change RPI's PWR are the slim edge in the rpi component that CC holds over them and the fact that Cornell could conceivably drop out as a TUC with two losses to Quinnipiac this weekend. So they technically could move up still.

I guess it is still possible just probably not likely because they would need to move up two spots and and hope there are no upsets in the conference tournaments
              GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                you never know... dartmouth didn't play last weekend and moved from a three way tie for 15th (but finishing third in that tie, so essentially 17th) to 13th in the pwr....
                If Dartmouth makes it in, every team in their bracket will be licking their chops. However I am not at all sure they do. Now that schwartz is back I think CC makes a run.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  If Dartmouth makes it in, every team in their bracket will be licking their chops. However I am not at all sure they do. Now that schwartz is back I think CC makes a run.

Ask UNH if they licked their chops back in January...

Comment

Originally posted by jjchurchill View Post
                    Ask UNH if they licked their chops back in January...
                    Ask UNH last time they won anything...there are teams that can actually win in the postseason. If Dartmouth runs into a BC,ND, or Michigan it could get ugly. I haven't seen Dartmouth play yet this season so I will refrain from saying anymore than that. As of now they have a chance if they get in. That is the great part of the tournament anyone in it has a chance...see Miami(OH)/Bemjidi State in 2009
                    GO BU

Comment

The Pairwise thread goes into the bubble and says what teams do and don't need to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X