PDA

View Full Version : Tournament upset??

1Boston3
03-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Just wanted to get everybody's opinion if a upset would be a possibility in the tournament. It is surely easy to pick a team like Oswego or St. Norbert to win it. However, if there was a team other than the powerhouses who would it be and why? :rolleyes:

mdmadison
03-07-2011, 02:30 PM
Just wanted to get everybody's opinion if a upset would be a possibility in the tournament. It is surely easy to pick a team like Oswego or St. Norbert to win it. However, if there was a team other than the powerhouses who would it be and why? :rolleyes:

Neumann most certainly did it the year they won the championship, would they be able to repeat the feat?

NUProf
03-07-2011, 02:49 PM

I would look out for Bowdoin. They get a home game against Neumann to get themselves started. Bowdoin has not fared well in the past in NCAA play, crashing and burning on the road in early round play. With a home game to get started and their win on the road in the NESCACs, they may have a chance to make a run.

Russell Jaslow
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I would look out for Bowdoin. They get a home game against Neumann to get themselves started. Bowdoin has not fared well in the past in NCAA play, crashing and burning on the road in early round play. With a home game to get started and their win on the road in the NESCACs, they may have a chance to make a run.

And then go up against a very angry and well rested Oswego team. Good luck with that...

Russell Jaslow
03-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I think this year if Plattsburgh wins it all, it would be considered an upset.

NUProf
03-07-2011, 02:58 PM
And then go up against a very angry and well rested Oswego team. Good luck with that...

Oswego will be stale from all practice and no games :)
The question was who could surprise. Bowdoin could.

I see the presidential trio plus SNC coming to a Ridder near you, with Bowdoin as the potential outsider. Nobody beats Norwich 3 times in one year.

1Boston3
03-07-2011, 03:07 PM

I agree. I am not to sure Bowdoin has the firepower to dismantle Oswego. Especially, when you have a full week to work on what you want.

hockeyman23
03-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Hamline as already beaten both teams that would stand in there way of the FF. So they could be a team to look out for.

PrezdeJohnson09
03-07-2011, 04:48 PM
I agree. I am not to sure Bowdoin has the firepower to dismantle Oswego. Especially, when you have a full week to work on what you want.

I actually think its the exact opposite. I don't think Bowdoin has the goaltending or the defense to dismantle Oswego.

Bowdoin's strength is goal scoring and they've got a bunch of guys that can hurt you and put up numbers quickly.

1Boston3
03-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I actually think its the exact opposite. I don't think Bowdoin has the goaltending or the defense to dismantle Oswego.

Bowdoin's strength is goal scoring and they've got a bunch of guys that can hurt you and put up numbers quickly.

Touché :cool: I just think that the full week of practice will really prepare Oswego for the winner of bow/neu... Hey you never know. ANY team can win on any given day!

polarbearfan
03-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Obviously I am biased, but I wouldn't sleep on Bowdoin either. They can score with the best of 'em, have the best special teams (statistically) in the country, have a goalie who played great in the NESCAC playoffs (47 saves in the CG) and have a little bit of motivation to get back to Oswego and avenge the embarrassing loss last year.

The Polarbears are playing their best hockey right now... heres to hoping!