Tournament upset??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tournament upset??

Just wanted to get everybody's opinion if a upset would be a possibility in the tournament. It is surely easy to pick a team like Oswego or St. Norbert to win it. However, if there was a team other than the powerhouses who would it be and why?

Re: Tournament upset??

Originally posted by 1Boston3 View Post
    Just wanted to get everybody's opinion if a upset would be a possibility in the tournament. It is surely easy to pick a team like Oswego or St. Norbert to win it. However, if there was a team other than the powerhouses who would it be and why?
    Neumann most certainly did it the year they won the championship, would they be able to repeat the feat?

Comment

I would look out for Bowdoin. They get a home game against Neumann to get themselves started. Bowdoin has not fared well in the past in NCAA play, crashing and burning on the road in early round play. With a home game to get started and their win on the road in the NESCACs, they may have a chance to make a run.
      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
        I would look out for Bowdoin. They get a home game against Neumann to get themselves started. Bowdoin has not fared well in the past in NCAA play, crashing and burning on the road in early round play. With a home game to get started and their win on the road in the NESCACs, they may have a chance to make a run.
        And then go up against a very angry and well rested Oswego team. Good luck with that...
        Russell Jaslow
        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I think this year if Plattsburgh wins it all, it would be considered an upset.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
            And then go up against a very angry and well rested Oswego team. Good luck with that...
            Oswego will be stale from all practice and no games
            The question was who could surprise. Bowdoin could.

I see the presidential trio plus SNC coming to a Ridder near you, with Bowdoin as the potential outsider. Nobody beats Norwich 3 times in one year.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
              I agree. I am not to sure Bowdoin has the firepower to dismantle Oswego. Especially, when you have a full week to work on what you want.

Comment

Hamline as already beaten both teams that would stand in there way of the FF. So they could be a team to look out for.

Comment

I agree. I am not to sure Bowdoin has the firepower to dismantle Oswego. Especially, when you have a full week to work on what you want.
                  I actually think its the exact opposite. I don't think Bowdoin has the goaltending or the defense to dismantle Oswego.

Bowdoin's strength is goal scoring and they've got a bunch of guys that can hurt you and put up numbers quickly.
                  The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                  "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                  GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                  GO LAKERS!!!
                  GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                  "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                  Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                    I actually think its the exact opposite. I don't think Bowdoin has the goaltending or the defense to dismantle Oswego.

Bowdoin's strength is goal scoring and they've got a bunch of guys that can hurt you and put up numbers quickly.
                    Touché I just think that the full week of practice will really prepare Oswego for the winner of bow/neu... Hey you never know. ANY team can win on any given day!

Comment

Obviously I am biased, but I wouldn't sleep on Bowdoin either. They can score with the best of 'em, have the best special teams (statistically) in the country, have a goalie who played great in the NESCAC playoffs (47 saves in the CG) and have a little bit of motivation to get back to Oswego and avenge the embarrassing loss last year.

The Polarbears are playing their best hockey right now... heres to hoping!
                      Go Polar Bears Plaaaay Hockey!

Comment

Working...
                      X