Spartan Hockey takes a vacation; turns a page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Spartan Hockey takes a vacation; turns a page

North Dakota might be one team we may be pretty outclassed against. It'll surely be a difficult game to start off the Anastos regime. How we compete in that one may tell us a lot.

Comment

So, I'm watching the replay of MSU v. Ferris on Fox College Sports Atlantic right now.

We're getting green helmets this year, right? I maintain the opinion I had nine months ago: The white helmets with the all-green uniforms look ridiculous.
      Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
      66 - 86 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
      59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Now I'm watching the replay of the UM v. MSU game from Joe Louis Arena from this past season on FCS-Atlantic. I'm pretty sure I started at least 70 percent of those "Go green!" chants I hear in the background.

Geez. The season doesn't start for another four months and already I miss "being away from it" so darn much.
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

Major job cuts at Lansing State Journal today, including word that Neil Koepke is one of the casualties. This likely marks the end of hockey coverage, not to mention the beginning of the end of having a newspaper.
          "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
          - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            So, I'm watching the replay of MSU v. Ferris on Fox College Sports Atlantic right now.

We're getting green helmets this year, right? I maintain the opinion I had nine months ago: The white helmets with the all-green uniforms look ridiculous.
            Yep. Leave the white helmets at Munn please people.

Comment

Personally I thought white helmets looked classic. Clean and crisp.
              You can always add green stickers

Comment

I didn't think the white helmets looked thhaaaat bad, but i was overall less satisfied with what the branding did to MSU hockey. I liked neither the home, nor away jerseys more than any we have had over the last decade. I don't even think i need to explain my feelings on the loss of our script 'Michigan State'.

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
                  I didn't think the white helmets looked thhaaaat bad, but i was overall less satisfied with what the branding did to MSU hockey. I liked neither the home, nor away jerseys more than any we have had over the last decade. I don't even think i need to explain my feelings on the loss of our script 'Michigan State'.
                  Correct. The loss of the script does not (not (not)) kick a$5. Script belongs to the hockey prog. Block belongs to the gridders.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                    Major job cuts at Lansing State Journal today, including word that Neil Koepke is one of the casualties. This likely marks the end of hockey coverage, not to mention the beginning of the end of having a newspaper.
                    Wow.... The newspaper world is a tough one, as you know better than most.
                    "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

CALGARY - Harley Hotchkiss, one of the founding members of the Calgary Flames, has died at the age of 83.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369681

He played on MSU's 1950 Hockey team.

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Polydorus View Post
                        CALGARY - Harley Hotchkiss, one of the founding members of the Calgary Flames, has died at the age of 83.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=369681

He played on MSU's 1950 Hockey team.

RIP
                        Tough day for MSU hockey on the whole. I don't know the specifics of his side's proposals, but in general that was quite a gap he and Linden had to try and close. I'm sure sure long-time Flames fans will miss him. He gave them a pro hockey team.

Comment

Giant bummer about Hotchkiss. Guy was a great Spartan and a great ambassador to the game of hockey in Calgary. It's guys like Hotchkiss that make me proud that I hold a degree from Michigan State.

RIP, Harley.
                          66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Someone on spartanmag.com is carping about playoff tickets not being included in the price of their season tickets. There is a really, really good reason for that, so listen closely. The ticket office stopped doing that several years ago because if games already paid for were not played, they had to spend time and energy on paperwork and refunds - which costs money. So instead of paying up front, you pay when the playoffs come around. Is that such a bad thing, to not have to put so much money up front? Beats all heck as to why anyone would consider this to be an issue.

OK, rant over ...
                            "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

Glad he landed somewhere ...

http://www.ctpostchronicle.com/artic...4533118124.txt
                              - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
                                Someone on spartanmag.com is carping about playoff tickets not being included in the price of their season tickets. There is a really, really good reason for that, so listen closely. The ticket office stopped doing that several years ago because if games already paid for were not played, they had to spend time and energy on paperwork and refunds - which costs money. So instead of paying up front, you pay when the playoffs come around. Is that such a bad thing, to not have to put so much money up front? Beats all heck as to why anyone would consider this to be an issue.

OK, rant over ...
                                The school gets the interest on that money over the course of the season, and at least at Minnesota they ask if you want to refuse your refund as a "donation" to the school, so it's not clear that you lose money by doing things that way. But logistics aside, and more importantly, it gives the impression earning home ice in the playoffs isn't something that's expected to happen on a consistent basis. And given Michigan State's size/history, the quality of the other teams in the league, and the percentage of teams that get home ice in the playoffs in the CCHA, it really should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X