NCAA Quarterfinals: Minnesota at #4 Boston College, 3/12 at 1pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinals: Minnesota at #4 Boston College, 3/12 at 1pm

Personally I'm thrilled to once again meet up with our Minnesota friends who are making the trip. Who's coming out?
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Re: NCAA Quarterfinals: Minnesota at #4 Boston College, 3/12 at 1pm

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Who's coming out?
    Can't do it, my man. Can you play "The Rouser" one time for my girls? Enjoy the game; I hope it is a classic.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

As much as I'd love to make it to Boston, I'm saving my vacation time for a hopeful driving trip to Erie in two weeks (which would include a stop in Detroit to see family).
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Some thoughts from Gophersports on the Minnesota @ Boston College NCAA q'final:

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=205110548
        Minnesota Hockey

Comment

...BC has the toughest road to the championship of any team.
          I believe that this Boston College team is better than the Gophers. Clearly the committee felt that way as well.
          Wait -- if BC is better than Minnesota, and the Eagles are hosting, wouldn't the Gophers then have a tougher road?

In any case, I think UMD has the toughest road, given they have to go to Madison to play the #1 team in the country, then play the better team of BC/UM, followed by the best team from the East (and if that team is MC, in their home town.)

Definitely looking forward to the Raty/Schaus duel.
          They probably are as well.

BTW, I moved these posts to the "neutral" thread so I can whine if I feel so moved.

Comment

Some "reward" for BC's late push into the top 4- potential back-to-back games against who I believe are the top 2 teams in the nation. Until proven otherwise, I think you have to assume the WCHA teams are the top title contenders. This will be a tough one for BC, but I think they can sqeak by at home if their power play is as good as it was this weekend.

I really BC was playing at BU. I think they would have cake-walked in that one. But c'est la vie. This will be fun.
            BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
            -
            Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Schaus vs Räty imao. obvious edge to Molly, its her house.

and just because I love this pic...

*****http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5391/norz.gif******
              Last edited by RStarr; 03-07-2011, 11:55 AM.
              (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                Schaus vs Räty imao. obvious edge to Molly, its her house.
                It's less obvious to some of us, before the duel has actually occurred.
                Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
                  ...and just because I love this pic...

*****http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5391/norz.gif******
                  Is that because it has lots of little blinking Starrs in it?
                  Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                    Some "reward" for BC's late push into the top 4- potential back-to-back games against who I believe are the top 2 teams in the nation. Until proven otherwise, I think you have to assume the WCHA teams are the top title contenders. This will be a tough one for BC, but I think they can sqeak by at home if their power play is as good as it was this weekend.

I really BC was playing at BU. I think they would have cake-walked in that one. But c'est la vie. This will be fun.
                    I sure do hope there are not more MInnesota fans at conte than Eagle fans.

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                      I hope not either. However, I believe it is very likely.

BOSTON COLLEGE EAGLES

Comment

Originally posted by rinkrat890890 View Post
                        I doubt that there are Gopher fans beyond family there. Davis is from NL, so this may represent one of the few "closer" opportunities for her family to watch her. Terry is from Toronto. Other than that, the team is from the Midwest or farther west than that. Other than a possible odd Gopher alum in the area, the Eagles should enjoy a distinct advantage in support. Maybe a few fans would travel if the Frozen Four was scheduled for Minnesota as it is next year, but I'd think folks would hold out for a possible trip to Erie if anything. At least that means getting to watch 4 teams rather than just 2. Although with the wonders of air travel, Boston is probably the cheaper destination.

Comment

Originally posted by vellnueve View Post
                          I hope not either. However, I believe it is very likely.
                          I believe you will both be pleasantly surprised.
                          BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                          -
                          Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Ten reasons BC will win:

10) Five minutes into the game the Gophers will tire of Tony's "Let's go Eagles!" chant and leave the arena.
                            9) BC comes into the game on a Whoopie Pie high.
                            8) Molly Schaus is the best goalie in the country.
                            7) After winning the Beanpot, the NCAA tourney is mere child's play.
                            6) Home ice.
                            5) With Stack, Schaus, and Kurth, BC has more impact seniors with their last chance at NCAA glory.
                            4) The Eagles want revenge for 2009.
                            3) Minnesota is still shell-shocked from Wisconsin WCHA comeback.
                            2) BC is undefeated in NCAA competition when hosting.
                            1) Two Olympians > One.

Ten reasons Minnesota will win:

10) Gophers discover that scoring early and often is the only way to shut Tony up.
                            9) The Eagles have already won enough trophies this year.
                            8) Noora Räty is the best goalie in any country.
                            7) Minnesota is better battle-tested, particulary in the last 3 weeks.
                            6) The Gophers are 3-0 against teams from Hockey East in NCAA play.
                            5) Minnesota is a young team that is continuing to improve.
                            4) 2009 was no fluke.
                            3) Gophers realize that only by winning can they get another shot at the Badgers.
                            2) Minnesota is undefeated on the road in NCAA quarters.
                            1) The Gophers will score more goals.

Comment

I can imagine the Gophers losing this one . . . but I also imagine myself winning the lottery. They're simply playing too good right now . . . I don't think the OT loss to Bucky will have any impact . . . at least I hope it doesn't. (Yep, I actually said that.)

Comment

Working...
                              X