Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin at CC - Born Small... Now Huge... Winning... Bring it..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin at CC - Born Small... Now Huge... Winning... Bring it..!

No thread last week… Does anyone care? I expect it to be close.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Re: Wisconsin at CC - Born Small... Now Huge... Winning... Bring it..!

Good start to this thread so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Good start to this thread so far.
      Yeah. I think I'm probably going to delete the thread.
      I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.

Comment

I wish we had a different opponent. Not sure of the exact numbers, but the bad, bad, bad, bad, Badgers have a pretty good record against CC at the World Arena. The first two games there the Badgers put on a clinic. I'll be there for what I hope is two CC wins. And if anyone can get word to the Tigers, I want the Tigers to win in 2 games. The third is unnecessary.
        Originally posted by MPLS Gopher Fan
        As an impartial observer (well, sort of) who's been to both arenas, the WA is a much nicer facility than the Cement Center is. It could be the fact that it's out near the Rockies, it could be the lack of Huskie fans , or both.
        Originally posted by Puck Swami
        CC is an upstanding school ...
        Originally posted by dubbie31
        52 years isn't a slump...its a tradition.

Comment

WI will rely on their experience from last year's ncaa run to get 2 of 3 out of CC and keep thier year rolling.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I will take CC in 3.

Comment

Not sure which team will win this series, but I think it will go the three game limit regardless of which team wins.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Wisconsin needs to win this in 2. Like...really bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  WI will rely on their experience from last year's ncaa run to get 2 of 3 out of CC and keep thier year rolling.
                  Tim, you have ten (10!) freshmen!!
                  Last edited by CCtig; 03-07-2011, 06:08 PM.
                  World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Originally posted by PAULE View Post
                    I wish we had a different opponent. Not sure of the exact numbers, but the bad, bad, bad, bad, Badgers have a pretty good record against CC at the World Arena. The first two games there the Badgers put on a clinic. I'll be there for what I hope is two CC wins. And if anyone can get word to the Tigers, I want the Tigers to win in 2 games. The third is unnecessary.
                    As much as I love Scotty I don't understand why Scotty Owens has already publicly said and I quote "this will probably be a three game series". That bothers me! But Paule I've got every CC players ear and I will pass on your message for them to win in two.

Go Tigers!!
                    Last edited by CCtig; 03-07-2011, 06:12 PM.
                    World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                      CCtig, let’s be fair. At this point in the season they are all battle-tested bayonets, bro.

Check out this EPIC t-shirt I bought. If I come to Carrabbas on Friday I’ll wear it!

http://www.cafepress.com/+tiger_blood_tshirt,513441345

Comment

Not a lot of chatter about this series probably because Scotty is a Madison native and it takes one heck of a gentleman to pull of a hair style such as that.

Maybe some predictions will get the ball rolling:

I think Friday night's game looks a lot like last Friday's game. Wisconsin has some good jump and gets out quick an takes a lead, but CC's top line takes advantage of UW not being used to the altitude at the end of the game and takes game 1 by a score of 4-3.

Saturday night UW comes out loose and get the first goal and the game stays tight until CC ties it up at 1 early in the third. UW gets a bounce and wins game 2 by a score of 2-1.

Sunday both teams play tight until CC scores late in the second to take a 1-0 lead going into the second intermission. Eaves pulls a Bombay and the badgers come out in the brutal alternate jerseys and steal a quick goal. In over time Gudmandson stops a 2-1 break and UW transitions a 3 on 2 and Patty Johnson stays hot and burries the game winner.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Pucky Bucky View Post
                          Any other ideas?
                          It boils and it fuels you. It boils in a state that would eclipse a microwave!

Here’s your cold coffee. Buh-bye!

Comment

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
                            CCtig, let’s be fair. At this point in the season they are all battle-tested bayonets, bro.

Check out this EPIC t-shirt I bought. If I come to Carrabbas on Friday I’ll wear it!

http://www.cafepress.com/+tiger_blood_tshirt,513441345
                            Excellent! Do it bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by CCtig View Post
                              Hey, there's 2 lines of guys who were there last year, 2 goalies and 4 D. I expect those guys, especially Gardiner, Schultz, Smith, Murray, Goody (a goalie who carried them to the final last year)and Bennett to carry the team to victory. Add in talented Fr Zengerle, Barnes and Mersch, and 2 seniors F who have really stepped up in Johnson and Turnbull. They played very well last weekend, WAY better than @ St. Cloud St. They could have turned the corner back to the right track. If UW just plays their typical solid D game, they will be alright.

Perhaps Eaves might try and match CC's top line with a more defensive line instead of UW's #1 line, who are shakey on D. But beinbg on the road wil make that hard.

UW really needs to fix the pp, it was very poor last week.

So yeah, on the negative side UW has a weak pp and a poor defensive first line. But there's enough positive for UW to plausably win 2 out of 3.

Wisconsin Hockey: Victory in 3.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                              X