X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5 Maine vs #4Merrimack HEA quarterfinals

Let the madness begin.

Re: #5 Maine vs #4Merrimack HEA quarterfinals

Should be a tough series...what Maine team shows up and whats up with Cannata the last 3 out of 4 games...Maine needs Sullivan to stay hot,power-play has to keep clicking and play simple team d for 60:00....Merrimack is at home and that should be a big positive,plus if Cannata is Cannata then this will go 3 games with a O.T. or two to spice it up. imo

Comment

What is up with Diamond and Beattie?
      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Maine in three. Should be the best quarterfinal matchup in the country.
        Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

MC in a blow out game one 5-1, MC wins game two 4-2 with an empty netter. MC in 2 games.
          Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
            Maine in three. Should be the best quarterfinal matchup in the country.
            I'll be at Fridays game and I agree about this being best QF games. I wish I could go Saturday too but my buddy got us tix to the UNH game.
            This will be a very tough matchup for MC but I think they'll be moving on.

Comment

MC wins it all in one. Dont needthe second game. Bigos eats Nyquist, blood everywhere.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

I think this boils down to Cannata. That article in the Eagle Tribune stating that he deserves the Hobey might have gotten into his head.
                It was right after that article that he became a completely different player.

Blaine Lacher was a great goalie until he started doubting himself, then he sold cars.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  MC wins it all in one. Dont needthe second game. Bigos eats Nyquist, blood everywhere.
                  watch Ross behind the play. Bigos cannot hold a candle to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Should be a tough series...what Maine team shows up and whats up with Cannata the last 3 out of 4 games...Maine needs Sullivan to stay hot,power-play has to keep clicking and play simple team d for 60:00....Merrimack is at home and that should be a big positive,plus if Cannata is Cannata then this will go 3 games with a O.T. or two to spice it up. imo
                    Exactly. Thats the big question can this team play a full 60 minutes. Also, Maine needs to abstain from Merrimacks after the whistle antics.
                    Curse of the Timmy

Comment

This is probably the best matchup in the quarter-finals. The Commissioner was in the NESN booth today for the WHEA Championship and said, "this is one of the most fascinating matchups" in the quarter-finals", with DaCosta and Nyquist going head to head and each team defeating each other by 7 - 1 scores. He has assigned himself to this series.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        You're getting soft.

Purcell and Sweetland return to Orono to screw Whitehead one last time. They bribe Cyr Bus Lines to drive to New Brunswick by mistake. Border officials find Falco hiding in in the cargo hold, with a duffel bag full of weed, and the entire team spends the weekend in a holding cell.

Merrimack in 0.
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gusforhobey View Post
                          Exactly. Thats the big question can this team play a full 60 minutes. Also, Maine needs to abstain from Merrimacks after the whistle antics.
                          I disagree with that... the annoying crap is what gets Maine to slash sticks out of opponent's hands... Maine has to do the same annoying stuff as Merrimack and not let Merrimack get into their heads. the worst that will happen is matching minors. maine needs to keep getting matching minors between Shemansky and Cucci and then Barton and Cornell...

Dee and Banwell got called at UMass for retaliating for annoying crap... they just could not take any more, so they sent UMass sticks flying... Bunyon only sees the relatilation, not what caused it.... so only Maine goes to the box

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
                            You're getting soft.

Purcell and Sweetland return to Orono to screw Whitehead one last time. They bribe Cyr Bus Lines to drive to New Brunswick by mistake. Border officials find Falco hiding in in the cargo hold, with a duffel bag full of weed, and the entire team spends the weekend in a holding cell.

Merrimack in 0.
                            Soft my azz.

Did I mention that Bigos rips Nyquists arms out their sockets one by one and is caught behind the net gnawing on each. Ross wastes no time in ripping Gus's head off and chitting down his neck, laughing all the while. Tim continues chewing bazooka in disbelief.

Marshall and Mushaluck, aka the m&m brothers, sent on the ice, though ineligible (so who cares?), to restore order. From the bench, Ryan chops their legs out from under them. Metcalf laughs.
                            Last edited by acs64; 03-06-2011, 06:28 PM.
                            I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                              What is up with Diamond and Beattie?
                              Diamond is already in the box, After getting an embelishment call when his head fell off from a Bigos cross check, Diamond told Lil Bunyon Mcbride was a better ref than his dad. Beattie is fine
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                              X